This evening I have been playing around with the different ROM versions on the Voyager devices.
It is very interesting to note that the QTek and the xPhone feature newer ROM versions than the e200 device.
As far as I can work out, there are three major differences.
Firstly, it's seems as though these operators have chosen to implement the Arcsoft MMS client, rather than using the OS integrated one found on the e200.
Secondly, there are massive changes in the area of T9!
The changes I have discovered are as follows...
- IT NO LONGER APPEARS TO LOSE WORDS
- You can now switch language mid message, and have a different language set to the main phone language
- You no longer hold * to toggle input method, instead it brings up a menu of input options
- You no longer press * to toggle between words, you use the up and down no the joystick to choose the word
- When you have used a word, it becomes the first choice for that keypress in the future. For example, by default, the word ROM is number six or thereabouts. By using it, it becomes the first selection for that key combination.
Finally, battery life is VASTLY superior to the e200 build. I haven't used it a great deal yet, but it's definitely better!
More differences as I find them!
Posted from my SmartPhone!