Smart Home

[55]SmartHome.jpg

File Name :: Smart Home

Author :: pembo

Category :: Other

Description ::

Finally complete, is my first Smart Phone Home Screen. It was designed using a Motorola MPX 200, and has yet to be tested on any other phone - so feedback would be greatly appreciated!

What I wanted to create was a skin that was both informative, clean and useful.

To install, simply copy the contents of the zip to IPSMApplication DataHome and ensure your color scheme and background image are set to default.

Also included in the zip file, is the clean background image (without any of the screen specific content on there) so you can use the background with other skins easily.

Updated Thu, Jan 13 2005 10:39 pm

View File

Edited by Paul [MVP]

I tried on a classic SPV and works fine!

My suggestions:

Would it be possible to have the call history launched even if I have 0 missed calls? It would be handy...

In the appointments plugin: it would be handy to have the hour of the appointment and the date if the appointment is tomorrow.

Thank you,

Caio

thank you prembo!

I am using it on an mpx 200 as well, but when I select your theme, where on your picture posted you have unread messages, I have a line with "email 0, sms 0 and mms 0" wich covers the envelop icon!

is it my phone or should I change any setting?!?

Guest jonblakeburn

Nice work Pembo.

I'm using it on an SPV E200, and its actually the only homescreen I've downloaded for it. (Sorry all you other homescreen makers!)

Very nice, clean look. Love it!

:lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest supermarv
thank you prembo!

I am using it on an mpx 200 as well, but when I select your theme, where on your picture posted you have unread messages, I have a line with "email 0, sms 0 and mms 0" wich covers the envelop icon!

is it my phone or should I change any setting?!?

Hi viskas,

Have you applied the Jmms bug fix yet? If not, I think you need that to sort your problem. Check page 4 of that thread (about half-way down) to find a .cab to save you any manual editing. Worked great for me! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jasonkruys

This is fantastic, some extra screen skins for the volume, incoming etc of the same theme would make the the best homescreen package out ther IMO. The orange ones are kinda crap lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pride

Superb Skin - have just reset my phone and its always the one I put back on. Clean, simple, uncluttered and above all small in space. Thanks for that :)

• 5 months later...
Guest JoePro82

Nice job on the skin pembo -

One question though, is there any way to customize what is displayed below the icons? i.e. Like changing the "Profile: Speakerphone" to lets say Call History or Programs that are currently running etc. :-k

Not currently no, this was just a quick homescreen i made for myself when I first got my phone.

I might decide to do a little more work on it soon and skin some extra screens, give users ability to use plugins etc...

• 2 months later...
Guest Br1an_g

pembo, i hope you dont mind but i have used your screen and modified it to suit my needs as i liked it so much.

I have attached my updated screen in case anyone wants to see..

changes:

larger fonts

moved date/time to bottom of screen

added WMP plug in

added alarm section

moved missed calls to main area

changed unread messages to show all message types

moved appointments to top

slightly modified colours (font, iconbar at top)

my first try as well, so go easy on the feedback :)

i cant quite get the alarm section to work as when its highlighted it is showing a solid background..instead of transparent..

Smarter.home.zip

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Br1an_g

another modified Smart Home:

modifications (from original):

white font above MRU bar

all mesage types

alarm (not plug in)

missed calls to main section

modified background image - missed calls, windows logo

appointments to bottom

smart Monitor plug in (attached)

Things i would like to do:

get missed calls to open call history when there are no missed calls

Alarm still has a solid background when selected. if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know, im not v.good at xml.

I do like this screen though.

Brian :D

sh_bg.bmp

Smarter3.home.xml

monitorplug.ARM.CAB

Great work Brian!

I'd been using my own hacked version of this screen for ages now, but have hacked yours even further to include the SmartMon plug-in... hope you don't mind :twisted:

Take a look at the screen-cap! :D

• Changes from Brian's version:
  • Colour change to top icons. Easier to read IMO
  • Colour & format change to date. Now shows long date.
  • Removed Carrier name to show the CellBroadcast ID instead. (The Carrier name display section is rem'd out - easy to change back if you can't display CellID.)
  • Extended Icon bar to whole screen width, removed Application Name text.
  • Minor colour change to "Profile"
  • Colour & wording change to missed calls.
  • Removed Alarm section. Plugin is Orange SPV Rom only. Rem'd XML out & changed background icon.
  • Added All-Day event + background icon
  • Reformatted Calendar to show more text + location
  • Changed SmartMon plugin formatting to save space.
  • General cleanup of XML code for brevity.

To install, download the SmartHome_v3.home.xml SmartHome_v3_bg.bmp files to \Storage\Application Data\Home on your phone.

250018192LIWKdC_ph.jpg

http://image32.webshots.com/33/1/81/92/250...92LIWKdC_ph.jpg

SmartHome_v3.home.xml

SmartHome_v3_bg.bmp

SmartHome_V3_ScreenCap.bmp

Edited by Phrak

When i install any of these and try and use them (the origional and modified versions) it always pops up on the screen no homescreen layouts can be found .etc any ideas as to what could be causing this,Thanks

Im using a C500.

Where can i download WMP plugin?

Attached, install the MP Home cab, and it will create the .dll in your home screen directory. The screens that call the plug-in should work then.

Tim.

MP_Home.CAB

Edited by Phrak

When i install any of these and try and use them (the origional and modified versions) it always pops up on the screen no homescreen layouts can be found .etc any ideas as to what could be causing this,Thanks

Im using a C500.

1st, (at least with the screen I hacked) make sure that the SmartHome_v3_bg.bmp file is in the same folder as the .xml file on your phone. after you've copied it, change to another home screen (making sure you've actually applied the HS change), then change back to the SmartHome screen.

If that still gives you problems, try setting the Background manually, like this:

250039827JTmkLL_ph.jpg

http://image28.webshots.com/28/3/98/27/250...27JTmkLL_ph.jpg

Also, if you're using Brian or My hacks, make sure that the SmartMon or WMP plug-in is installed.

HTH,

Tim.

Edited by Phrak

Im using a C500.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed the background image was pointing to "IPSM" and the rest of the folders pointed to "Storage." Make sure they are all point to the same place, depending on which WM version you are running.

Guest TheDiggia
Attached, install the MP Home cab, and it will create the .dll in your home screen directory. The screens that call the plug-in should work then.

Tim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Phrak!!!

All works!

Very cool homescreen!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hbk5585

Hey guys, I really like the way your homescreen looks but I got a problem when I install the latest one....It doesnt look the way it looks on the screencap, the white bar is lower and is where the sms mms email list is, the mem strg mmc signal area doesnt have the green bar on it, and I dont see any words where the Sydney CBD is. I have have tried and put in all of the things listed in this post and it still looks the same....I have a MPX200

Thanks in advance

Hbk5585

Guest hbk5585
Restart your phone and see if that sorts it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks...I did and it still looks the same....I guess I'll just give up on this homescreen....Thanks anyway

Hbk5585

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.