Heaphone flap thingy, how durable?

Guest mike-oh

Guest mike-oh

We all know how flimsy the little plastic (should've been rubber) headphone socket cover is, well mine gave up the ghost and dropped off today and i've only really been using the headset for the last 3 days!

just wondering how long anyone elses lasted.

(ok folks, ur not the 1st person to vote for the limited edition one so the novelty has worn off somewhat :) )

Guest awarner [MVP]

Mines still intact at the moment but one thing I noticed when I took the

phone apart is that the bottom USB connector was designed to have a flap as well but.

• 2 months later...
Guest Dooks

Has anybody's SD card slot cover torn off yet? Insert/remove the SD card more often than I use the headphone plug... I'm so afraid it'll tear off, I really do love the little cover. Makes my data feel that little bit more secure :D

Guest ratcom

Ive been using my headphones for 5 days a week since Ive had the phone (2 months) and its still there :D however since getting a camera, the sd card cover is in a very weak state :cry: ....its only a matter of time......

Guest phonesmarts

mine is still holding on. looking flimsy, so i reinforced it with a diamond/kevlar composite elastic material to keep it from falling :twisted:

Guest neostar

I have to say although they look good, those little covers are not a very good design for something that is supposed to be used frequently.

Although it might not have looked quite as cool they should have used those rubber bung type covers that a lot of laptops have

Guest ratcom
Ive been using my headphones for 5 days a week since Ive had the phone (2 months) and its still there  :D  however since getting a camera, the sd card cover is in a very weak state  :cry:  ....its only a matter of time......

The handphone flap as finally gone .... R.I.P.

Guest Sasuke

im not too bothered about the headphone socket because i dont really tend to use it. The SD Slot cover however is just a matter of time i guess, as i always change between SD cards :D

Guest furby

All the little flaps are still intact since i got phone (december),

i wonder though how many people still have the usb/power cover bit, i've lost and found it countless times and more strangely seem to have picked up a spare one somewhere :D

Guest stevo316

i just dont bother wid the usb cover! the flaps on the sd/mc and earphone jack are cool though.. and i use the frequently!! and mine arnt made from rinforced kevlar.. etc..

p.s, where do i get one of them... lol

Guest phonesmarts

you know, the headphone flap thingy is a tad better than the USB socket cover. At least the earphone flap is connected to the phone...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest waroffice

mine went in about 5 days of getting it which aint bad cos i battered the headphone socket as i use it for music all the time as i walk/bus everywhere. My sd cover is still there but i lost the usb thingy within hours

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shaggyguitarist
and more strangely seem to have picked up a spare one somewhere    :lol:

wud you be willing to part with your spare one for me? :)

Guest beersoft

mine broke :lol:

but i think i managed to con motorola into fixing it when the 'fix' my battery and simcard holders

im going to send my beloved mpx200 away for repair next week so fingers crossed they will fix the wonkey bits for me :)

later

Owen

"too cheap to pay £15 for orange care to fix someting moto will do for free"