MicroTurismo Beta *unreleased*

Guest malloc

I've uploaded a new unreleased MicroTurismo beta (this is the

Beta as it was when I stopped the project in June 2003). I can also

give the sources if someone wants to continue it...

MicroTurismo

At startup press 1 to 4 to select the Race. (Race 4 is unfinished)

During race * to quit.

There's still some bugs... but I've stopped this project ages ago...

malloc

Guest NederSoren

ahh.. just tried this version with 3 levels, and I must say that its very addictive.. er.. Can someone please have a try in completing this game?

Complete it? I'm wondering why they gave up!! It's almost finished!! The graphics are miles ahead of the original version, the tracks are good, and there is a track selector.

All that's missing is a race result screen and an option to change the track without quiting. I've seen commecial software with bigger failings than that!!

Guest midnight

i wouldnt say its almost finished, personally i think that a lot of work still would need going into this. it has the potential of a great game, but i would say the gfx need a total overhaul (those f1 cars in particular), i suppose it depends on what the developer feels is satisfactory, and i think malloc himself no doubt feels that lots of work is needed aswell, hence giving up on the project :lol:

again, it is a shame its been cancelled (for now), but no doubt we'll see other racing games in the future :D

Guest NederSoren
i wouldnt say its almost finished, personally i think that a lot of work still would need going into this. it has the potential of a great game, but i would say the gfx need a total overhaul (those f1 cars in particular), i suppose it depends on what the developer feels is satisfactory, and i think malloc himself no doubt feels that lots of work is needed aswell, hence giving up on the project :lol:

again, it is a shame its been cancelled (for now), but no doubt we'll see other racing games in the future :D

I both disagree and agree with you midnight..

I know you are trying to make games that you can use alot of time one.. But sometimes its nice just to have a little game you can play for 5-10 min while you using the puplic tranportation, waiting for an appointment and so on...

So in that way i agree with Fraser, who says its almost done..

In the other hand it is very nice to have a game, where there have bin put alot of work in to, and everything is perfect, down to the small'est details. :(

So... Im looking forward to see what '04 will bring us, of games...

/Neder

Guest ultimasnake

Hey malloc i really like your game , i am wondering if i might be able to see your source , not to finish the game but because i am trying to make a GTA kind of game but can't figure out some things (like rotation of the car etc etc etc) and more?......

this project is going to be freeware thus your code wont be stolen for momey purposes :lol:

Guest Croccy22

Gapidraw is free for non commerical use. and even if you are a single developer you choose how much you wish to donate to gapidraw, there are no fixed costs.

So if you Are going to make a very cheap sellling game you can choose to pay a one off fee of $1 or even 0$ if you want.

They basically just ask you to make a donation of how much you think it is worth to you.

For xmas smartanoid i decided to donate $1 coz i was eeeling generous.

Matt

Croccy22

I'm happy to see some positive reviews here :lol:

Like said Midnight, I think there's a big difference between a demo

and a finished commercial game... I wasn't really happy the quality,

had troubles with my graphic artist, and wasn't able to have enough

free time to work on that project, that's why I decided to stop.

Anyway, the other day I've found the directory somewhere on my

PC, sitting there since June, and decided to upload it somewhere.

By the way, I'm not using any library for the graphic part (I like to

do anything myself), I'll upload the sources this afternoon.

malloc

Guest midnight

personally, i do hope that one person picks this up and runs with it and does it justice rather than 10 developers all doing sub standard versions of the game (and basically not changing anything) :lol:

my thoughts:

those graphics desperately need changing, maybe something fun like mini's?

add stuff like jumps, bridges (under and over) and other hazards (oil, ice etc)

add weapons :D

and personally i dont like auto-accelerate, but then, i guess it makes it easier to play

Guest ultimasnake

i might have a look at it... but i want to make either a GTA clone or a GTA like game... and i think this engine looks great and works great too......... but if i dont succeed in making the clone who knows i might be working on this game :lol:

In the end, I won't release the sources... (sorry Ultimasnake :oops: )

A good friend gave me some good ideas, and I think I'll be

able to do something with this game after all !

The idea is to use the same engine, but transform the game

to a F-ZERO like racer. It will be far easier to create the graphics

myself (main problem with microturismo), and I'll add damages /

repair zones / mines / turbos and Jumps and faster scrolling !!!

(all the fun things missing in mt)

Thanks you all : you gave me the motivation to restart the project :lol:

malloc

Guest ultimasnake

well mollac that is to bad... but hey you are going to release it after all (in a diffrent form)

I hope you create it as good as F-zero (top view right?) Will it be with accelaration? If you need a bit of help with graphical ideas don't be afraid to ask (might be able to do some graphics too etc etc)..... i love to help with games :lol:

Greetz