god dam ! why not a free e200?

Guest James

why cant i get a free upgrade? i pay 49 squid a month for my contract bills are usually about 80-100 so why do they want to charge me 99.99!

i am on month 13 of my contract by the way...

has anyone got a free upgrade?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

I got a free upgrade, but that was only as a result of several complaints relating to my consistent problems with gprs, & the fact that tech support had failed to get back to me 3 times in a row, over a period of about 6 weeks!! OH, & also coz I complained most highly about the delayed update for the e100 (it was a very long story!)

& it was only after line manager no. 3, & me saying "bye, I'm off to phone voda...", that they offered a free upgrade.

Not that I'm in any way suggesting you complain to Orange ... :lol:

Guest aponia1
why cant i get a free upgrade? i pay 49 squid a month for my contract bills are usually about 80-100 so why do they want to charge me 99.99!

i am on month 13 of my contract by the way...

has anyone got a free upgrade?

They offered me a free upgrade in the middle of my 11th month (15th of December). My bills were around 45 squid. But I rejected the offer and got the P900 for 120 quid instead. The trick I used; I didn't ask for an upgrade. I only asked to cancel my contract. Then they connected me to customer relations dept and the following day I had my new P900 160 quid cheaper than their original offer. Try it!

Guest Mr_Protozoa

I managed to blag a free e200 the other day.

My system....

Talk to upgrades (hopefully to a woman - they'l pick up on your hints, men won't)

Ask them how much it would be

After they tell you say "ooohhh, that's quite a bit more than I'd be willing to pay"

Then use a line like "i'll have to revaluate my situation"

or..

"if i opened a new contract with o2 they'll give me it for free!"

Hopefully you'll be passed to the disconnections dept...

Explain the situation to them - hopefully they'll give in and offer you one for free, just so you don't leave orange.

Your new e200 should be on your doorstep in 3 days, and your old SPV on ebay in 4!

I got a free upgrade and my bills are 40-50 quid a month. I had 2 months to go on my 2nd year contract. I phoned to cancel the contract, giving the reason that I could get the phone for free on a new contract elsewhere. They offered me the phone for £49.99. I phoned back a few days later saying this still wasn't good enough, and they offered me the phone for free.

Enday story.

Guest Skunkchild

Just got an upgrade for free in 10 minutes flat !

Rang customer services, asked for upgrade price on my package O2 100 (bills generally about £35-40pm).

Quoted £100.

Told the guy I'd just seen my plan on new contract for £0-29.99 on phoneshopdirect onestopphoneshop and e2save. Said I didn't have a problem losing my number and getting new contract.

"I'll see what I can do...

Quoted £99.99.

I laughed and said "Oh well I think I'll get my PAC code then". He puts me thru to disconnections and says there may be a long wait ! We're all queuing up to speak to the people with the power !

Disconnections man was very friendly and I told im I'm clued up about the phones wanted E200 and could save myself £100 by getting a new contract elsewhere. He agreed with my logic asked me to quote him the prices I'd seen (which I did honestly :lol: )

"I'll match the free one"

"Then I'll take out another 12 month contract!"

Deal done - phone arrives within 3 working days.

Mind you if there's still loads of problems with the phone I'll probably just stick with my SPV.

I wasn't really that desperate to upgrade - but it was pretty easy to get it for free. GOOD LUCK

I've just upgraded to the E200 as well, still had 4 months left on my contract so had to pay to £75 upgrade fee and £99.99 for the phone.

I just flogged my original SPV on Ebay for £145 :lol: and only ended up paying £30 for the E200

Guest pisquee

The best tip, is not to call the upgrades line at all - call the disconnections line - i can't remember the codes to get there, but think after 150, select option to speak to an operator, and then follow promts to if you are thinking of leaving orange - these are the people who can make the deals. I got my e200 free and £50 credit on my account - though I run 3 phones, which worked out having an average monthly amount of £60 each. (I work abroad and so have a lot of roaming!)

I rang up O in December to find out the upgrade price for the E200 (I was using the SPV at the time) and was quoted £75 upgrade fee and £75 for the phone. I was going to be out of contract on Jan 13th so I told them I'd wait.

Rung O up again on the 13th and asked to upgrade. The lady I spoke to quoted me £99 for the E200. I told her that was more than I been quoted only a few weeks before. She passed me on to another department who immediately told me that I was entitled to a 'free' phone. Not bad considering I would have paid the original £75 quoted ;-)

tried my luck but my teeny tariff counted against me, so i'm gonna try again at the end of the month and negotiate a free phone for a higher contract

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Can't beat jlowap with the credit but it took me all of 2 mins to get one for free!!

Does anyone know how long it takes to arrive when done through disconnections? The man did say but I wasn't really listening from the "let me have a look ... I can to that for free" point onwards, due to my excitment.

That is quick!

Ordered mine about 3 ish, I think he mentioned friday, but surely he should have said tomorrow if that's the case,

oh why am I so impatient??