OTA Unlock, a new site, a new location.

Guest Will

It's NOT GONE, Just moved!

The old OTA unlock method provided for developers by orange has moved, to reflect the new look site they have launched.

To Unlock your phone (spv and e100) simply follow this simple guide:

goto http://www.developers.orange.co.uk/

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

EDIT newer decert page is here

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Select 'Developers Zone' from the tabs along the top

Select 'Signature Devices' from the menu on the left.

Select 'SPV Classic' or SPV E100' from the list now shown.

Now click 'Disable/enable the security model' and follow the familiar instructions.

I have purposefully not given a direct link, so you have a look at their new site, and read the various terms and conditions.

Will

Guest jonnybarfo

And I will now take full mad props for finding it :lol:

Although it's not helping me... I can't persuade it to get as far as offering me the Action Register app, which I need as I'm GPRS-less and the autodecerter won't work for me :D

I.

Guest Jasonkruys

This, taken from the E100 bit

"The second phone in the SPV family, the SPV E100 builds on the success of the original SPV with a new high-resolution screen, a larger keypad and the latest version of Windows Mobile software. The new SPV E100 has been released in the UK, France, Denmark and Switzerland"

latest version of windows mobile software?

Guest corkstartup

Hello,

Have you discovered how to unlock the mpx200 ?

Do you think Orange will do away with the application locking feature shortly ?

Does O2 or Vodafone also do application locking for smartphones?

Does the alphaflux program work to overcome this locking ?

thank you

Hello,

Have you discovered how to unlock the mpx200 ?

There is no 'ota' or official way to do this, i believe there is a cab file made by alphaflux which unlocks the mpx (i don't know how far, and how safe)

Do you think Orange will do away with the application locking feature shortly ?

Nope, As it's good to protect the user.

Does O2 or Vodafone also do application locking for smartphones?
Neither carrier have released smartphones yet in the UK, so time will tell!

Does the alphaflux program work to overcome this locking ?
See above . only for the mpx200

thank you

No problem, and welcome to the site.

Guest corkstartup

thank you for answering my other questions.

What is the process for getting applications certified by Orange before being able to download them to your phone ?

Why was the same secruity process not used for java applications ? [ java is a more secure language but there is very little code checking on the java phones]

thank you

Guest corkstartup

Hello,

What is the process for getting applications certified by Orange before being able to download them to your phone ?

Why was the same secruity process not used for java applications ? [ java is a more secure language but there is very little code checking on the java phones]

thank you

er you buy a signing key, see www.developers.co.uk

not sure exactly.. sorry!

Keep it on topic please, post as a separate item if you have other queries.

Will

Guest Pinnacle

The OTA solutions does not work on my SPV after updating to ROM 1.6. Has anyone successfully de-certified their SPV after the ROM update?

This is extremely frustrating to say the least...I've tried 10 times at least with nothing happening. I get to the final screen that says my SPV should be unlocked within 5 minutes, but nothing passes over to my phone. I've waited over two hours on one occassion.

This sometimes works if the site is running slow.

Goto Settings-Data connections , Menu-Options and if the idle disconnect is set 1 minute then change it to 5 minutes.

Guest Pinnacle
Did one yesterday, no problems at all. Have you tried the 'Get Commands' option in the Action Register app?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

I'm sorry...what's the Action Register app?

I'm sorry...what's the Action Register app?

It's the app that you download from Orange if your IMEI isn't recognised. I've attached it below. (I don't believe I'm infringing any copyrights etc - Mods please delete if I am).

EDIT awarner app removed as it is still copyrighted and we need permission from Orange to be able to post it I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

i tried to update but i got this: Sorry but we are unable to find the IMEI number that you have entered on our database.

i downloaded the registry app installed it on my phone tried to run it and it said that action lock must be running. i press menu then run action lock and nothing happens

what should i do?

tried to update but i got this: Sorry but we are unable to find the IMEI number that you have entered on our database. i downloaded the registry app installed it on my phone tried to run it and it said that action lock must be running. i press menu then run action lock and nothing happens

It usually means that the phone is not application locked in the first place.

What phone & OS do you have ?

i tried to update but i got this: Sorry but we are unable to find the IMEI number that you have entered on our database.
Have you used GPRS on the phone yet? IIRC you need to have used the phone with the GPRS service at least once before trying to unlock - the phone's IMEI should then be registered on the network.

i downloaded the registry app installed it on my phone tried to run it and it said that action lock must be running. i press menu then run action lock and nothing happens

Mine didn't do anything either (in fact, it still says Action Lock not running) but it did not prevent me unlocking.

Guest ajmaravilla

Ok I have gone to the site and followed the directions carefully...I have done the OTA request before, but had to hard reset my device. Anyway, I clicked on the link for Disable/enable the security model and I get to that page, but there isn't a way for me to enter my information nor is there a link to take me to the next page. Does the request go down during the evening or weekends?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.