PocketSCUMM HELP!!!!!

Guest nora2003

Guest nora2003

Ive downloaded the pocketscumm got it running on my phone, I have day of the tentacle but dont know how to do run it, so if anyone can help please do

Thanks

Guest binary_refined

Create a sub folder where you've got your pocketscumm stored called tentacle (and nothing but tentacle! very important!).

For example : Storage CardProgram FilesGamesPktSCUMMtentacle'.

Then from your DOTT cd, copy the files tentacle.000 and tentacle.001 (from the DOTT folder on your cd) into the tentacle sub-folder you created on your phone.

Run pocket pocketscumm and click the Games option button. Choose Scan from the menu. The click Games again. Now when you click the Play option, you should see an Day of the Tentacle option. Click on the game and you be in the land of polution drinking, power happy tentacles in no time.

Hope this helps!

ps. If anyone knows how to convert the monster.sou files then please post, because I have no idea how to.

Guest nora2003

I know Im sounding like an idiot now, but I cant get it to work!! I installed the program in storagewindowsstart menugames, then dumped tentacle in, storagewindowsstart menugamestentacle, pocketscumm will load up then I will do a search, but nothing!! In the tentacle folder I have put in tentacle.000, tentacle.001 and monster.so3! Could this be due to running it on a spv e200!! Damn it im pulling my hair out now, I really want to play day of the tentacle while on the toilet!!! HELP!

install the game onto your storage card for a start..

place a shortcut for PocketScumm.exe in the directory:

windowsstartprogramsgames

then put the game files into the PocketScumm dir under the folder tentcle. then try again...

also:-

When you first start up PocketScumm, it needs to

save certain information in a scummvm.ini file that

is created. PocketScumm needs to find your game

directories so click on 'Scan' at the bottom of the

screen, select the correct directory, (a list of games

present will be shown), then click on 'Scan' again

and you'll see a nice, pretty formatted list of the

games you can select.

I found out what the problem was with the sound. You have to download a program called sou2mp3.exe and convert the monster.sou file to an so3 file. Then copy that to the tentacle folder. It works perfectly now.

Guest nora2003

At last I have it working!!! I have found that it will only work if you store it on a storage card! Anywho I was just curious if the screen could be turned the other way, like on smart nes! Thanks to everyone who helped me out!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Pondrew

Just managed to get Monkey Island VGA floppy version and delighted with it.

Ah, once again I'm able to bask in the inane cheerfulness of the Scumm Bar's background music!

Guest Pondrew

Well I had been playing Beneath A Steel Sky (CD version with speech) but the game itself doesn't have the magic that Monkey Island does - but what game does huh?

Guest Pondrew

Never liked Simon the Sorcerer myself but...

My favourites (aside from the Monkey Island games) are Loom and Day of the Tentacle: Maniac Mansion 2.

Guest Ras

I am having a different problem...

Got the SCUMM engine working OK (0.5.1 patch 1) and it finds and loads DOTT no probs... but I cannot see or control the cross hair to play the game... any ideas???

Thanks

P

Guest xavierjohn22

Try assigning thé kéys för pocketscumm first béföré löading thé gamé sö yöull knöw what tö press. and which is which.

If yöu cän't séé the crösshair, that's really a pröblém.

Posted from my SmartPhone!