Star Wars III:MPx Edition

Guest ClintEastman

Guest daftycom

Cool!! :D

Can;t wait to try this, STILL waiting on my phone tho, ordered Sun 18th Jan!! I've phoned Orange tho and it should be with me by Monday, then I'll post and let y'all know how I got on :lol:

-Stuart

Guest theodotcom

just downloading the trailers now mate, ill give u feedback soon as i test them :lol: 1 think ive noticed though and its probably a fault with pocketmvp or registry is that the backlight no longer stays on when playing movies, is anyone else having this problem?

Guest markdotpeters5

I think it's a PocketMVP fault, it can't seem to override the normal setting for the backlight timeout.

I usually set mine to never time out manually, before watching clips etc.

Just gave my mpx200 a proper mp3 road test, walking through town. It's pretty good :lol:

Guest ClintEastman
Working well :lol:/

Good to hear it!! :wink:

If i get some time tomorrow i will re-encode the rest of the trailers with the newest settings, if all goes well i will release My vDub Settings:MPX Edition!! :wink:

Looks like the MPx is the DivX player to have!! Good work to everyone that has put work into the software/Hardware, Thanks Moto!

Guest megaman

HOLY CRAP MAN!!! This is the best quality ive ever seen on a phone for a video file playback!!! I love it!! lets test it more and give me the setting for vdub!!! so ican encode the full lengh movies for my phone!!! this setting could be the only setting that will allow us to watch a movie on a phone with some fun!!!

thanks

Guest mike-oh
All we need now is a click and go convertor
Hell yes!

As far as the audio, its the same settings as My vDub Settings v2, not touched them yet! :wink:

Yeh, sorry i remember tweeking it to my own likeing ages ago so i remember it being slightly higher quality.

Spider man trailer is amazing!! though when the action heats up you notice the video quality drop however it still remains smooth as the preverbial!!

What are these settings like w.r.t file sizes?

Mike

Guest ClintEastman

Was a bit pissed off with that Spider Man clip sop i had a look at it again.

Turns out a lot of the compretion artifacts were in my source!!

Uploading a new one now, give it a couple of mins and have a look. :wink:

Guest mike-oh

Playing back now, looks identical?!

I'm soft resetting for optimum performance!

I've just played the two versions back to back and yes the 2nd one is better.

Still noisy (artifacty) when the action gets goin, most notiecable when the car flies thru the window.

Bloody good all in all tho!

Guest ClintEastman

That's cool, it is better, still got the artifacts but less blury (not re-encoding artifacts from the source, i almost sound like i know what i am doing!) :wink:

I finally was able to try the clips! they are great!

I hope a new release of pocket mpv will be released soon to correct the backlight bug.

by the way, I can't change the cache size as well. I get an error message from the PHM registry editor.

my mpx is not branded: here in italy motorola sells it directly.

Guest awarner [MVP]

There was a version released that did sort the backlight out but I don't know where it is as the one on www.monolithix.org is an older

version :?