- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

xb

xb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I just stumbled on this idea and i was pleasantly surprised that it worked. I found a mobile favorites file from the microsoft mobiles website and it lists many websites optimized for pocketpcs (and smartphones). Anyway, i found some links to internet radio stations and when i tried the links on the smartphone... it WORKED!!! Of course i was connected to the PC with a pass-through connection so it was faster (and cheaper). I know this isn't a completely mobile idea (since you are tied to the PC when listening) but it should be something fun to do while you are online and your phone is idly connected. Hope you enjoy it.

Here is the link to the mobile favorites:
http://www.microsoft...tes/default.htm

xb

xb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
If you people want to listen to local radio stations. Just log in to www.eradioportal.com and choose the station you want to listen to.

shadamehr

shadamehr

'That' Avatar Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Internet, Games, Women, Phones, Clubbing and Pubbing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Twitter:@shadamehr

I just stumbled on this idea and i was pleasantly surprised that it worked. I found a mobile favorites file from the microsoft mobiles website and it lists many websites optimized for pocketpcs (and smartphones). Anyway, i found some links to internet radio stations and when i tried the links on the smartphone... it WORKED!!! Of course i was connected to the PC with a pass-through connection so it was faster (and cheaper). I know this isn't a completely mobile idea (since you are tied to the PC when listening) but it should be something fun to do while you are online and your phone is idly connected. Hope you enjoy it.

Here is the link to the mobile favorites:http://www.microsoft...tes/default.htm

No not daft of you at all mate - despite me knowing that it can do this, I had not given it any thought - and Galaxy works fine on a Pass-thru to a 2Mb Cable modem.

Sweet mate - thanks for reminding us...

Posted Image

sonborj

sonborj

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
xb dude, local stations on what country? UK?

Uy! thanks XB, local nga talaga PINOY NA PINOY :lol:

I may be a slow walker.........
But I never walk back.
-Abraham Lincoln

techsupp1001

techsupp1001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
you can also access Filipino radio stations through www.eradioportal.com

limubai

limubai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Here is the link to the mobile favorites:http://www.microsoft...tes/default.htm

magkano nman ang charge nito s phone? or gagamitin ko ang internet connection d2 sa opis den sa phone ko 22nog ang music ng radyo?

BrAGoL

BrAGoL

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
@limubai
you should follow what xb have said...

Of course i was connected to the PC with a pass-through connection

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

mitch_o3

mitch_o3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
astig!!
galing galing!!astig!!
galing galing!!

limubai

limubai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

@limubai
you should follow what xb have said...

Of course i was connected to the PC with a pass-through connection

@bragol;
Sir..sensya na po nde ko pa maintindihan e, it ba yng gagamitin mo ang phone mo as MODEM? pano pag d2 sa opis? naka LAN kmi na may internet connection uubra ba yng ganon?

ty..

techsupp1001

techsupp1001

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
kailangan lang naka active sync yung phone mo sa computer na may internet connection, then sa data connection ng phone mo dapat naka pass through lang ang internet connection. Pag nag browse ka na sa internet using your phone, it will use your computer's internet connection instead of the gprs.

limubai

limubai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

kailangan lang naka active sync yung phone mo sa computer na may internet connection, then sa data connection ng phone mo dapat naka pass through lang ang internet connection. Pag nag browse ka na sa internet using your phone, it will use your computer's internet connection instead of the gprs.

sir internet connection kosa data connection should be "Pass through Coonnection"? how about the "Work Connection" same din ba?

BrAGoL

BrAGoL

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
@limubai
better read and follow the procedure HERE...

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

kalinte

kalinte

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
galeng

Edited by kalinte, 30 January 2006 - 06:54 AM.

limubai

limubai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

wont you be billed by your telecom provider for the internet use? i don thtink this is practical for me. but good find dude.

Sir;
nde po kayo mabibilled kase po pass through connection ang ginamit mong settings sa "data connection", ma kikita mo pag tinangal mo ang USB sa PC mo while still connected sa internet sasabihin nya connection can't be established(nde ako sure sa exact message), tpos sasbihin nya "would you like to use WAP instead?"(may option ka kng yes or no..siempre no dapat..

dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!
Can Nokia users do this radio-on-phone thing? Kase it uses Windows Media Player di ba? If so, then maganda nga to pang-showoff lang...capabilities of the SAP as compared to other phones...but definitely dagdag gastos to sa GPRS kung hinid ka naka-passthrough.

Kung naka-passthrough ka naman, since you are already connected to the internet sa PC mo, why not sa PC nalang derecho i-access yung site ng radio stations at sa PC nalang makinig? :lol:

kalinte

kalinte

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Hmm ... its interesting what this e-100 can do. come to think of it, my pc have altec lansing na 5.1. but its nice to know. chill

dobby_gobby_man

dobby_gobby_man

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:everything

e bat ganun? nung pinalitan ko na yung settings and tried to connect eto yung lumbas:

unable to connect using your default connection. attempt a connection using Smart WAP GPRS instead? (YES/NO)

ano kaya ang mali sa ginawa ko? Tama naman yung instructions na sinunod ko?

Posted Image

"I may not be as smart you may be, but remember that we were born with NO known knowledge and that makes us equal" ---vic---

"Ang nagtatanong Pansamantalang TANGA! Pero ang hindi nagtatanong isang TANGA! At magiging TANGA habang buhay hanggat hindi nya nalalaman ang sagot sa tanong!"

nokiauser

nokiauser

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
hehehe mine has OTA radio, no need to show off =p joke3x

kaya pa ba?

limubai

limubai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

e bat ganun? nung pinalitan ko na yung settings and tried to connect eto yung lumbas:

unable to connect using your default connection. attempt a connection using Smart WAP GPRS instead? (YES/NO)

ano kaya ang mali sa ginawa ko? Tama naman yung instructions na sinunod ko?

Sir;
dapat po naka active sync kayo sa PC na may internet connection(dapat connected sa internet) tpos sa "Settings" then "Data Connection" dapat naka pass through ang internet..try nyo po..

dobby_gobby_man

dobby_gobby_man

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:everything
guyz bat walang 97.1 wls fm?

Posted Image

"I may not be as smart you may be, but remember that we were born with NO known knowledge and that makes us equal" ---vic---

"Ang nagtatanong Pansamantalang TANGA! Pero ang hindi nagtatanong isang TANGA! At magiging TANGA habang buhay hanggat hindi nya nalalaman ang sagot sa tanong!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users