Orange Equipment Replacement Policy

Guest reu_lam

Hello. I work for Orange in the Correspondence Dept. We are contactable by phone, fax and letter (e-mails can be forwarded by Cust Services). We are not a "complaints dept".. they are dealt with front line (csr, sup,manager, exec).

For out of stock replacements, a specific phone is set which cust services do not have the ability to change so please do not shout at them. more often than not they are as frustrated as you. to be totally honest i cant see a problem with setting up a list of 3/4 phones as a choice for the cust.

Halfwits :?: well there you go.. we have a technical dept that deals with tech questions, :shock: try calling them. we know its frustrating + we know its important already...

We have won several JD power awards for cust services.

mistakes do happen and we DO try our hardest to resolve them when they occur.

2 mnths is too long to sort out a bill recalc i admit.

"any suggestions anyone?" well, we do appreciate all constructive feedback.

Guest awarner [MVP]

jonski nice to know there are Orange staff who are willing to help and give advice

Cheers for the input and the view from the other side so to speak :lol:

Guest beersoft

i must clear something up from my last post

Orange CS are good, most of the time i find them very good and even on a bad day they are better than anyother telco, if you want to see some bad customer disservice try T-Mobile's billing department or anyone at vodafone or NTL now thats bad on hold musiak.

99% of the time i call orange i end the call feeling happy that they have sorted out my problem or answered my stupid question and as long as i remember that they arn't sad phone geeks like some of us lot, both sides of the conversation are happy.

the only times i've not been happy with the CS i get is when they tell me something really dumb and or stupid, those involve any of the folloing topics:

how to charge a LI-ION battery, and what happens to it if its left on charge, some of the gems i have been told include "you must let the battery run flat and charge it for 16 hours every month" and "don't overcharge the battery as that decreases the life of it" both where followed up with a "if your not charging your battery correctly it wont be covered by your insurance or warrenty"
any sentence that contains the words "you will have to speak to microsoft as they make the phone" but that is always countered with a reply of "I spoke to them and they said speak to your network operator"

and not forgetting the classic

"if you have the internet, there are alot of resources about smartphones on there"

the only thing that i do have problems with is the time it takes techsuport to get back to you, i find anything over 3 days too long and i do get very arsey after 6 days of waiting without an answer.

my advice is if your not happy with the CS rep your talking to: be nice to them and then have another go on the magic orange phone system

later

Owen

"insert coin for new game"

thanks for the change of heart.

we strive to acheive a "one call resolution" so pls try and sort the issue out during the first point of contact (saves having to call back and will reduce the call queues).

i agree with the ts issue, its far too long and we are, at the moment, trying to cut back on the easy stuff that is sent through to them, filling up their inbox...

about the number for ofcom... anyone will give u it, we are not hiding anything!

not aware of "on-site solicitors"

sms prob to thailand? i know we have an issue with a type of spam text from several countries net providers (bombarding us), so to try and reduce net congestion we suspended sms service with them. not sure if thailand was one of them but ill check.

explaining yr issue over and over again? its a real pain i know. each call should be noted. theres no excuse, just try to be patient and go through it again.

the bill recalc + sms, email, letter about call restriction? dont know what the full prob is but see if the collections dept can put an "li code" on yr acc till the issue is sorted (will prevent a bar going on while we are dealing with the issue).

feel like claire rainer...

I was sent a list of countries that had the spam text ban applied but Thailand isnt one of them.

An initially helpful woman in the roaming dept I think did give it a genuine shot at trying to get it sorted out for a start,she contacted the tech dept and got back to me within a day and said she would get back to me again the next day with some sort of an answer which I was very happy to hear,but she didnt get back to me for 4 days which I wasnt happy about as the day before I had called Orange again to find out what was happening and had to explain the whole situation plus the fact that someone was supposed to get back to me within a day or so but hadnt.

As for a "one call resolution" well thats a good thing to strive for but in my case it wasnt achieved,I e-mailed Orange 7 times and called around 10 times over the course of a month and just got the same answer at the end of the month that I got at the start "its not a problem with the Orange network,its a problem with the Thai one" my girlfriend has called them twice and got the ok that texts are leaving their network.

So I still cant recive texts from Thailand,I'm £20 odd quid down on credit and landline calls and I've been going round in circle for over a month.

I'd rather give my money to a company that gives even worse customer service if I could at least recieve texts from my girlfriend.

Guest reu_lam

jonski,

Nice to see at least the staff at Orange realise their policys are stupid!

Offering a single model in like for like policys is such a cop-out especially when the phone offered is another operating system (all my software is useless) and completely different in size.

If i took the SE phone i would have to go off and find another forum to read too!!!!

But the thing that is the most annoying is when you identify that its a stupid policy and the OCS agree then they say its the only thing "system" will let me offere you, then their manager says the same thing and that is that.

Well unless you get some MpX's in next week im downgrading my tarrif to zilch and moving to another operator...

PS: Do any other operators do Smartphone?

For Jonski,

An LI code can only be put on twice for 32 days each time = totalling 64 days.....

and once you are in the collection cylce it is physically impossible to apply an LI Code to the account with a "Credit Control Flag"

Hence if the problem with your bill is not resolved in 64 days you WILL be barred, and the Collections Team will not remove the Bar untill you pay the outstanding balance. Catch 22 wouldn't you agree?

As for "On-Site Solicitors", the Legal Department do have these, for obvious reasons they have to arrange for issues to be sent to them via the legal team, and they do not give direct advise over the phone (Sorry if I didn't make this entirely clear)

fitz.

in extreme cases if there is a prob (like yrs seems to be) + its taking a long time to sort (for whatever reason) ok, but normal billing issues do not take that long + it is a good tool to be able to apply to prevent custs being barred while issue is sortd. i know people will have issues with this one (total amount + principle etc) but it is a good idea to pay the bill if there is a risk of being barred before we can sort it and then wait for the refund to be applied to the next bill...

we do have a legal dept obviously, who are available for us to refer to should the need arise...

have u called to check the status of yr recalc? did they give u a date it would be done? good luck with that anyway.

Hi Folks !

I had a problem just before christmas with Orange and complained about the customer service for weeks, you will not get any where with the managers or team leaders they cannot do anything ! I had an E100 for three months and in that time i had it changed 5 times for the same problem. according to the customer services this was fine and all smartphone customers could expect the same !!!! i was not a happy bunny and wanted the phone changing, but they would not change it for another smart phone !

But there is hope !!! :D I have a number (and don't ask how) for the direct line into the Cheif Exec's office and his Seceratry is very good at getting things done !!! I now have an E200 Free of charge ! (althow bluetooth is another matter !) if you feel that you are not getting any where PM me and i will send you the number :lol:

Guest reu_lam

Hi All,

Got the broken mpx replaced with a E200 thanks to Hadies.

The new phone arrived today and is charging so no review as yet.

Thanks for the help hadies and everyone else that posted and suggested i didnt take the P800.

Cheers

Reu

that's ok mate ! perhaps one day orange will sort out there **** customer service and remember the old saying " The Customer is allways right !!"

Glad i could help you get sorted out Reu hope you enjoy your new phone !!

Hadies

Guest craigblade

Hi,

Thanks Hadies - it worked! I've got orange to replace my SPV with an mpx200, through emergency insurance. There's supposed to be an initial fee (about £60 i think to join) and then another £15 to make a claim, but they said they'll waive all these charges! All I have to do is pay £5 a month for the rest of my contract, considering I only have 3 months left that's just £15. Then I'm probably gonna go onto O2 pay as you go cos it'll work out cheaper for me as do loads of texting and not many calls at moment.

thanks again,

craig

:)

Another one bites the dust !! just prooves that orange do know how to treat there customers well you just have to know where in orange to contact !!

Glad i could help you as well Mate have fun with your nev phone !!

Hadies :D

Guest beersoft

i've never tried but do any of the other networks provide replacement phones next day?

iirc most make you send it back to them and they charge for repair/replacement.

so please dont bitch too much about orange as i have said in another thread the customer service staff arn't that technical and they have to follow the system which (orange guys tell me if im wrong) if its faulty/needs replacing its exchanged for the exact same model. if you have had X replacements for various reasons or the model is out of stock/discontinued you will be offered another model in the same class of phone.

if you don't like the phone they are suggesting don't take it, and have a good reason not to take it.

it does get on my nerves a bit when people complain when orange don't fall over themselves to give away a £350 phone as a replacement to someone who spends £15 a month, just because there is a new model out or there friend has a better phone.

but its just me, i've always managed to get the service i need from orange, and i've tried the other networks and they are no way near as good, most of them don't know what GPRS is let alone the settings for them.

later

Owen

What i am complaining about is spending x amount on a new phone only to have it replaced 5 times in 3 months and not being offered a replacement phone of the same spec as the one i have paid for. and also of phone being sold with so many faults ???

also the people on the call center lines may only be following the the information on the screen but when you have spent 1 hour on the phone to them from a land line at my own expence ( and no i could not call on my mobile) it gets my goat up a little to be told and Quote Mr X ( and i do have his name ) from team 20 at north tyneside " you are tied into a contract either put up with what im telling you or pay to get out of your contract, that is all you can do there is no other option availble"

that i find the most appling customer service i have ever recived from a company in this country or im any other. if there is no way of over riding the system then somthing need to be changed on the system.

the problem that i was having was the Headset profile one , and i don't see why after pating for a phone i should carry a cocktail stick with me to get the phone out of the headset profile ????? i was advised the there is no option to log a call on the orange help desk for this problem even though it is a known issue with the phones so my calls were logged on what ever the call center member of staff wanted to log them as on that day, hell i even foud out that one had been logged as the clock on the phone did not keep the time well ?????????

so yes i would agree that it get on the nervers a bit when people complain about things and not getting a replacement phone for spending 15 quid a month

but my average bill is 170 + a month and i have 5 phones with them as well ( and yes the 170 is just my bill !)

Hadies

Guest shadamehr

" you are tied into a contract either put up with what im telling you or pay to get out of your contract, that is all you can do there is no other option availble"

Now whilst that might be ABSOLUTELY and FUNDEMENTALLY correct (?), its also the most disgraceful, disgusting, and degrading thing a member of staff could ever quote.

I'm with you 110% mate, and those in support of Orange can say what they like.

I'm a patient sort, but if I were inside an Orange shop, and told that face to face, I can assure you that it would have took supreme will power on my part to avoid ending up arrested...

And that statement, in its own way, sums it up perfectly.

Orange can offer a level of Customer Service, that can engender a response from the suffering customer likley to lead to the customer wanting to hit the member of staff.

Nice one Orange.

Guest beersoft

which bit of orange are we moaning about?

or is it a DSW about how many repacements we have had?

anyone want to beat

5 spv's

2 e100's

7 batteries

and

2 MPX200's

in 7 months?

later

Owen

Yup I can beet that !

2- eggs

3- rashers of bacon

2- sausages

Countless Baked beans

2- hash browns

2- slices of toast

1- large mug of coffee

And that was just breakfast ! :)

this is NOT a post about who has had what replaced and how often just mearly pointing out that the quality of the orange customer service is very very low. and i would think after that many replacements you would have considered another phone ?????????? :shock: