Generic Shortcut Plugin developed by RemyJ - RJShortcut

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

Homescreens for everyone?

RemyJ has posted a Generic Shortcut Plugin that so far has been tested on the Samsung i600 (Which only has an unchangable/unusable shortcut plugin) as well as the MPx200.

The plugin works much like the Orange Shortcut plugin. But the good news is that it will work on what seems like ANY MS Smartphone.

This could mean that homescreens can be written with this plugin without needing to make phone-specific versions due to different shortcut plugins on different phones or lack there of.

See the readme file for installation, usage, and limitations as well as sample usage on an included homescreen.

Original Thread from another forum can be found HERE

Download the plugin below which includes screenshots and an example homescreen.

rjshortcut.zip

Guest nickcornaglia

You know me by now....constantly changing my mind.

Switched to ATT which works very well in my area.

I bought an e200 with the hopes of getting it unlocked. I just received it today...we'll see.

When I signed onto ATT, they gave me the $69 Amazon price for the MPx200 which I couldnt pass up. Here's hoping I can get the e200 unlocked...but the MPx200 is really nice as well.

Guest awesterink

Cool! :-) If GSM had better nationwide coverage, I'd switch in a heart-beat. Just the thought of the enormous supply of phones to choose from....

The e200 seems nice, but I'd really have to get used to the candy-bar style. In Europe I'm using a trusty Nokia 3310 which is small enough to be quite acceptable. But Smartphones need larger screens, and these are vulnerable.....I guess I just find the flip-phone style a natural fit for this. But then again, it's not like you have much choice in MS Smartphones...

Guest Lucka_mpx200

It works on my bare mpx200 not Orange!

It's great! it's just what I needed for starting a real customization! :lol:

Many thanks to RemyJ if he's listening

Lucka

Remy,

Which color_name does your shortcut use to highlight the icon selected ? I am now getting an awfull green colour as you can see below. I haven't used that colour anywhere in my XML as far as i can tell..

RJ.jpg

Remy,

Which color_name does your shortcut use to highlight the icon selected ? I am now getting an awfull green colour as you can see below. I haven't used that colour anywhere in my XML as far as i can tell..

That IS an odd color.

It SHOULD determine the color as follows...

First priority: If the plugin's background element has a format sub-element with a state of 'selected', it's bgcolor attribute is used.

Second priority: If the homescreen has a default section with a format sub-element with a state of 'selected', it's bgcolor attribute is used.

Third priority: The COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT color from the phone's current style is used. If that style is the homescreen's default, that color will be defined in the homescreen XML. If the phone is set to a style other than the homescreen's default, the color will be defined in the scheme.xml file for that particular style.

If you find this isn't the case, let me know.

That IS an odd color.  

It SHOULD determine the color as follows...

First priority:   If the plugin's background element has a format sub-element with a state of 'selected', it's bgcolor attribute is used.

Second priority:  If the homescreen has a default section with a format sub-element with a state of 'selected', it's bgcolor attribute is used.

Third priority:  The COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT color from the phone's current style is used.  If that style is the homescreen's default, that color will be defined in the homescreen XML.  If the phone is set to a style other than the homescreen's default, the color will be defined in the scheme.xml file for that particular style.

If you find this isn't the case, let me know.

Thanks Remy,

I use a default selected state in this homescreen with a "transparent" background and bold text.

I added a format sub element for state "selected" to your plugin defining the bgcolor to be used (wasn't sure this could be done with your plugin) and the ugly green colour is gone :lol:

P.s. how about those custom icons ? :wink:

Great work this !

Guest awesterink

Say mwille, how did you package those icons? I used MicroAngelo to create an icon library (.ICL), and was hoping that renaming it to .DLL would make them usable by the plugin. But that gives me BIG empty spots with NOTHING instead of icons. Nieuwsgierig....

Say mwille, how did you package those icons? I used MicroAngelo to create an icon library (.ICL), and was hoping that renaming it to .DLL would make them usable by the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin. But that gives me BIG empty spots with NOTHING instead of icons. Nieuwsgierig....

Try using a little app called "Reshacker" (resourcehacker). It allows you to replace iconresources in any resource file, like ddl's and exe's. Simply replace the icons you dont want with the ones you do ! Remember to use 16x16 icons in 256 or True color.

Mine now looks like this : :lol:

RJscreen.jpg

The file does have to be a real DLL or EXE otherwise the ExtractIconEx API doesn't know what to do with it. ResHacker is definitely the easiest way to go for small stuff. If you're creating resource dlls on a larger scale, get the free Sp2002 SDK from Microsoft and create an empty DLL project and load icons into it.

Either way, a few things to remember...

Icon files can (and should) have more than one image in them. A 16x16 and a 32x32 both at either 16 or 256 colors. More colors than that are usually overkill and take up precious space on the phone. When loaded into a DLL or EXE, they're referenced 2 ways, by ICON and ICON_GROUP. ICONs are individual images. ICON_GROUPS are collections of images from the same file. The plug-in uses the ICON_GROUP number and retrieves either the 16x16 or 32x32 image based on whether you have the shortcut bar set to either small or large.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ustguitarista

hi, i have installed rjShortcut Plugin in my SPV, but some of my shortcut seems not to be working, icons appear but when i try to execute the program it just doesnt work, some work. examples are pocket tvt and pvplayer, and some of my games. is there something wrong with my editing of the xml, i just placed the directory of the terget .exe file in the xml. pls give me any idea regarding this, very nice plugin! thanks

Guest RemyJ
hi, i have installed rjShortcut http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin in my SPV, but some of my shortcut seems not to be working, icons appear but when i try to execute the program it just doesnt work, some work. examples are pocket tvt and pvplayer, and some of my games. is there something wrong with my editing of the xml, i just placed the directory of the terget .exe file in the xml. pls give me any idea regarding this, very nice http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin! thanks

It shows the icon but won't execute? That's strange. Can you post the XML of one that doesn't work?

A few things to remember...

You should always use the full pathname of the executable for the target:

"IPSMProgram FilesSomethingSomething.exe"

If the target is a shortcut, you have to include ".lnk" at the end of the name even though you can't see the ".lnk" extension via the Explorer:

"IPSMWindowsStart MenuGamesMyGame.lnk"

Guest ustguitarista

thanks for the fast response. sir here's some of the shortcts that i placed on my xml that does'nt work

i also have installed the smoothscreen V2 homeskin on my SPV, i like its background on my programs menu. do you think it has effect on he shortcuts in the plugin? i attached xavierjohn's xml file that i edited.

XjShortcuts.home.txt

Guest RemyJ

Interesting. I can't see anything wrong with either the examples or the rest of the XML file.

You do have a lot of shortcuts but that shouldn't be an issue. :)

smoothscreen V2 should be just fine.

Are all the programs that fail on your storage card?

Do any on the storage card work?

Do any in IPSM fail?

Do you get an error message when you try to run the program?

For the ones that fail, do they always fail or do they work sometimes, like right after turning your phone on?

Guest ustguitarista

yes, some of the shortcuts that can't run are on my storage card, and i'm certain that i've placed correct directories and the their icons appear, if i recieve and error message i know it could be a cause of my low battery charge, so i did full charge my battery, and reboot my phone, the shortcuts that can't run on my homescreen are consistent, they never open. whenever i click on the icons, the screen will attempt to run the program and tick a little (refresh for a second) and it just comes back to the desktop again. no error message. but when i execute the program from my smrt explorer, it do runs. i hope we could find out solution and what's the real cause of this since its a very cool plugin you did, i believe some also experienced this problem.

Guest ustguitarista

sir i tried to change the target in my xml, i used the shortcuts in the IPSM/windows/start menu and it works, but if i target their exe files on the storage card i can't run, it's ok, i 'll just use the shortcuts in the program menu, only problem is i don't know how to make these icons appear, for example my pocket tv, it works but the icon does not appear. any procedures how to do this?

Guest RemyJ

This is an interesting problem. I'm going to keep investigating.

In the mean time, there will be a new version of the plugin released tomorrow that will automatically find icons for shortcuts so that will help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.