Who bought their phone in the UK recently?

Guest Pulse

I went to phones4u and they didnt know anything about the phone or the tarriff I wanted. I went to the orange shop and the link, and they both said the same. £25 a month for the 120 plan, with the phone being free. I want one of the OVP tarriffs, and was just wondering if anyone had got an mpx for free on an OVP tariff in a shop anywhere? I'd prefer to buy my phone from a shop than the internet if possible.

This is the tariff:

http://www.orange.co.uk/cgi-bin/ovp/tariff...f=O2_170_O2_100

There's nothing about it being weekend texts only on the website. I've just gone through the terms and conditions (you worried me cos my wife has just gone for a square deal). So relax and grab the deal while it's still on!

Square deals only available direct from orange. The weekend deals are some other deals that other phone shops are allowed to give.

Square deal = good deal!

Shame only for a year though! nothing good ever lasts e.g. unlimited GPRS! those were the days :cry:

This deal I'm looking at at the moment is the OVP O2 100 for £25 a month, and the phone is free. Could you give me some more information on this tarriff, if it's a better deal?

nothing good ever lasts e.g. unlimited GPRS! those were the days :cry:

I still have "unlimited GPRS" with Orange, I signed up just over a year ago, although technically it isn't unlimited cos if you go over 10Mb they get a bit miffed, and thats easy to do with Orange's Smartphone optimised pages, their chuffin huge!

Just keeping track of the football results, scores and match reports on a weekend can use up 3Mb/weekend.

Gary

How have you still ot it? they moved everyone on the pack to a 3MB GPRS bundle or something similar. You sure you still have the unlimited GPRS even though there is a fair usage policy? how much do you pay?

I think it was £6 back then.

Guest GreenSiAX

The rules for phone cost from Orange are quite simple: spent £25/mo or greater on your tarriff and the phone's free, spend less than £25 on the tarriff and the phone costs £49.

Guest Shockwave

Pulse -

The Square Deal is better than the 02 EQ one.

Same price, except O2 EQ is 100 minutes, 100 Text.

Square Deal : 120 minutes, 250 texts.

Just seems to come down to whether that particular Orange shop is doing it. I got mine from the Trafford Centre.

They should be doing it, shouldnt they? I cant see that different orange shops would have different tarriffs available. Is that the tarriff name then? Just "Square Deal"? Just so I know what tarriff to ask about...

Guest Lourdes

Square Deals are only availiable online or via telesales. If you buy from a shop you can't get them, although if you don't get a Square Deal you get free weekend texts for 6 months.

Guest Shockwave
Square Deals are only availiable online or via telesales. If you buy from a shop you can't get them, although if you don't get a Square Deal you get free weekend texts for 6 months.

As I said, I got a Square Deal, from an Orange store, less than a week ago.

Good Morning. :)

Guest jim69games

Go into any orange retail shop, quote "Text Saver 2" to get your square deal. If they say they dont do it, ask them to call customer services, cause they bloody well do!!

How have you still ot it? they moved everyone on the pack to a 3MB GPRS bundle or something similar. You sure you still have the unlimited GPRS even though there is a fair usage policy? how much do you pay?

I think it was £6 back then.

I pay £4/month for unlimited (10Mb).

Gary

Guest awarner [MVP]
I pay £4/month for unlimited (10Mb).  

Gary

I think you better check your account, the £4 a month is for WAP and WAP over GPRS but not GPRS ie internet and MSN.

It's a common mistake that Orange do not seem to explain very well.

This was introduced after they stopped the unlimited GPRS for £6 back

around JulyAugust time.