E200 or panasonic x70

Guest joecov

Having a phone call from orange tommorow, when I will have to decide which phone to upgrade to. I very tempted by the E200, even with the bugs that are continually talked about on here. My other option is the x70, anyone persuade me which one to go for. I really fancy the E200, as it is a 'smartphone'. I already own a garmin pda/gps with palm os on it, but quite fancy using windows mobile. Anyone? cheers.

cant believe your all saying this!!!!

The phone is crap! Its good for bits and bobs but its a nightmare trying to use it as a phone! And a battery which last no more than a day well what more can you say?

I would not bother until orange sort the thing out with an update, i wish i never!

Cheers

Baker0

Guest markdotpeters5

heh, but all the fiddling is part of the fun :)

fixing the little 'features' and customising it to your needs is half the fun, and this forum... you won't find such a thing for the x70 i'm willing to bet!

e200 definitely, especiall if you like your toys, you'll get bored of the x70 very quickly...oh and the camera is crap.

happy fiddling :D

cant believe your all saying this!!!!

The phone is crap! Its good for bits and bobs but its a nightmare trying to use it as a phone!  And a battery which last no more than a day well what more can you say?

I would not bother until orange sort the thing out with an update, i wish i never!

Cheers

Baker0

Baker, I'd like to see your PERSONAL evidence of this. I used 'heavy' apps like games and taking photos for a total of about 2 hours, give or take, and my battery life was halved after 27 hours. I do not find this a problem.

I have a Garmin ique which is the first pda to have gps incorporated, on the main ique forum you'll see exactly the same as here with there being a number of software and hardware issues, (althought Garmin do operate an excellent warranty/service,thankfully havent had to use it yet), everyone on there still loves the unit and are prepared to stick with it until updates arrive. Its part of buying new technology early!

Guest ultimasnake

X70 review bits from

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=60...&source=SIDEBAR

Screen

X70 = 132x176 65000 colors (The image quality isn't up to par with the likes of the high-resolution Sharp GX-20).

E200 = 176x220 65000 colors (perfect display quality).

E200 wins

Ringtones

X70 = 16 voice polyphonic

E200 = (correct me if i am wrong) 42 ployphonic , wav ringtones , wmv ringtones

E200 wins

Camera

X70 = resolution 176x120

E200 = resolution 640x480 (dont use it that often but that would be it)

E200 wins

Bluetooth

X70 = DRAINS BATTERY BIGTIME

E200 = DRAINS BATTERY BIGTIME

Tie :)

the final points from the site about the x70 :

Recommended

Pros: Nice display, Compact, Bluetooth

Cons: Bugs and Quirks, Poor Camera, Bad IR Placement

hope you can do anything with that

cheers, more to convince me to get an e200, but still no phone call from orange, I may have to give them a call, cant be bothered with the hanging around.........

Guest newquay_kev

This e200 owner says...

On paper the e200 is the best phone around. However with all the downsides (that buzz, poor baterry life and BT/iR problems) you have to wonder...

- maybe after the bugs are fixed the e200 will be the outright winner. Any x70 users out there? Is it full of bugs too?

Well, as I said, I had my SD card in, all standard apps installed, and it ran for 27 hours with at least 2 hours intense use, with 2 bars left! I dont think that's bad at all.

Guest biffsmash

There's a program for turning your SD card on and off! Its on this forum, its at the following link... (i hope this work if not it is on this forum under utilities(not games) forum :)

edit: bah link didnt work, sorry.

Forum Index » Software - Applications :D

Works a treat, I have it run as a startup prog and i have more available RAM to run progs in with the SD card off too :D

My battery lasts about 24 hours without charge and with heavy use, IE texting, MP3's watching videos, and lookin at some sites via gprs (sd card on) .. havent tested with SD card off yet.

Battery life issue for me isnt too bad at the moment because i can always charge it each day, i'm sure if I went away I would be annoyed if I couldnt charge the phone! :D

biffy