can't find call history

Guest Brooktone

Guest Brooktone

I can't find my call history on the I600, it doesn't show up in the listing of programs, although it had a couple of days ago. Is it possible the shortcut for it was deleted somehow?

Open the ActiveSync explorer and nose around for it. It should be in IPSMWindowsStart Menu. If not you can recreate it easily enough by creating a shortcut to "appman -s Apps :MSClog tpcutil.dll AMLog" in that folder.

Guest Brooktone

Thanks for responding. Could you explain how to create the shortcut as their is no reference to call history in the IPSM/Windows/Start Menu folder, and I'm not quite sure how to recreate the shortcut.

Thanks for responding. Could you explain how to create the shortcut as their is no reference to call history in the IPSM/Windows/Start Menu folder, and I'm not quite sure how to recreate the shortcut.

Hmmm. I thought is was a simple "right click, new shortcut" but of course nothing's that simple on this platform. I guess I should have tried it first :oops:

I have to do this myself for other stuff so I'll keep looking.

Sorry.

OK, I figured it out.

Open a file explorer window from ActiveSync and one from your own PC.

From the /windows directory on the phone, drag the file "clog" onto your PC.

It may hide itself since its attributes are hidden, read-only, and system.

From a command window on the PC, remove those attributes on the file (it'll be named clog.lnk and probably invisible).

I.E. attrib clog.lnk -r -h -s

Rename the file to "Call History.lnk" and drag it back to the phone in the /IPSM/Windows/Start Menu directory.

Reboot the phone.

Guest Brooktone

Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I find the clog file using the command line, and how do I modify the attributes. I was able to drag the clog file to the PC and renamed it call history.ink, but I didn't modify the attibutes as I wasn't sure how?

You have to open a command window and navigate to the directory you saved the clog file in.

Once there, type the command "attrib -s -r -h clog.lnk". If you've already renamed it to "Call History.lnk", type the command "attrib -s -r -h "Call History.lnk"". You'll need the quotes around the file name because it has spaces in it. BTW, not sure if this was a typo in your post or not but the file suffix should be lnk as in lima november kilo not ink.