Really Nice Bluetooth Headset for E200

Guest Ste

I was looking for a bluetooth headset to pair with my SPV E200.

With all the different headsets available on the market I didn't know which to opt for. I had tried a few but most of them had fairly bad reviews and were uncomfortable to wear.

I came across this little number

Blue-Mini Headset

What You Get

Blue Headset

Over The Hook Ear

2 Mini Eargels

Charging Cradle

Nokia Mains Charger

Carrying Lanyard

Specification

Size - 55x30x33 mm

Standby - 120 hours

Talktime - 4 hours

Weight - 15g

Rechargable Li-Polymer Battery

Integrated High Quality 15 bit Audio Codec

Voice Dial

The internals or part of the internals are supplied by KONDOR whom also supply to Plantronics and Jabra.

The headset is one of the smallest I've seen. With this being as cheap as it was I didn't expect to be blown away by it. I was wrong - the headset is of exceptional quality. The audio is crystal clear with no hissing, buzzing or interference.

I wanted to test how far i could take the headset away from the phone so off I went on my travels. Bearing in mind that the signal was going through solid walls, I was able to get an astonishing 8 metres. Although you are meant to reach upto 10 metres range with bluetooth, this will never happen, due to the signal gradually dropping to 10m; not maxing to 10m and then dropping altogether.

Overall this headset has actually blown me away and I would be happy to recommend it to anyone in search for a Bluetooth headset.

I had no problems whatsoever with pairing the headset with the phone at all.

I went to The Link to get it for £39.99 (currently half price) but they were sold out. I searched the mobile phone stores and found the same headset in T-Mobile for £49.99. They don't do a price promise but I haggled with the sales person and was able to snatch this baby up for £45, which to me, is still an absolute bargain.

Ste, thanks for info. I've called our local Link and they say they have this in for 39.99. Any idea what the battery life is like yet?

Are you still pleased with it?

What do people you are talking to on the headset think of the quality of audio? I'm concerned it would be quiet?

Thanks

Mike

Ive had it turned on since yesterday evening (27.02.04) from 6pm and have made about 30 mins worth of calls. The headset is still going strong and showing no signs of low battery as yet. It states it will last 100 hours on standby and 4 hours talktime, I tink in this headsets case its going to do just that.

The first person I used this on was my mate and I asked him what the wuality was like and he said it was really really good. I was driving in the car, through heavy snow (not that the snow makes much difference) and he couldn't hear any of the engine sounds or suchforth. All he could hear was my voice with no distortion or interference.

The headset is more loud than quiet. Its just like putting the headphones in the phone and having the music blasting through 1 hear. Voice, in most cases is much quieter than music, so obviously its not going to reach the volume that your music reaches.

I have my headset on 1/2 to 3/4 on because with the volume on full it is too loud and over a long converstaion would really irritate your ear.

I'm very pleased with the headset and upto now have found no flaws with it.

Well the headset is charged.

Ste, did you have any problems answering calls? Your supposed to be able to press the button on the headset and it will answer, however it does not seem to do this on mine, is there something I overlooked?

I can make calls on it fine, only tried a couple but quality is good so far.

However I'm a little worried as I don't seem to be able to answer them on the headset. If I answer on the phone the call comes through on the phone and does not make it to the headset? I have noticed a warbling tone in the headset sometimes just after I accepted the call on the phone.

Any ideas very welcome.

Mike

All I do is press the call/answer button on the headset. Maybe try holding it in for a second or 2 if it isn't answering properly for you.

I haven't accountered this problem with it.

Are you by any chance using the Bluetooth Switcher software that was posted?

If so, try exiting that program altogether and have your bluetooth switched on in your settings then get someone to ring you. Does this solve your problem?

Guest Dirky

Ste, no I dont have that or any other BT program installed.

I tried again last night, did a reboot of the phone and re-paired the device,

glad to say it worked as expected this time.

Shame there is no voice dialing on the E200 though, I tried this with the Nokia 6310i and it worked a treat.

Anyway more testing required I think, if only I could find a decent case/box to put the earpeice in, I'm afraid of damaging it.

Cheers

Mike

Guest James

been having some problems with mine..

some calls answered on headset some not

some calls dialed are using headset and some are not

sound quality seems to be rather crap.. :)

will report back later.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest n4src

everythink is ok until now i got one call answerd a bit with a delay. but everythink else seems normal. i charge it only for an hour. now i am giving it a full one. Gatwick rocks! i will post some pictures as soon as got home.

Guest 12speed

Hi chaps i have been monitoring this thread and i think i will run down to the link and get one of these mini blues they sound quite good..... but i will wait for chap to get home from the airport and give his opinion first :twisted:

Guest manveruppd
been having some problems with mine..

some calls answered on headset some not

some calls dialed are using headset and some are not

That may be your phone: I've had that problem using a normal (wired) headset. On one specific occassion, the earphone was working but the headset-mic wasn't. People were complaining how muffled my voice sounded until I actually figured out that they were hearing me through the phone's microphone (which was in my pocket, hence the muffling!). Switching the phone on and off made the headset work properly though.

Guest manveruppd
I was looking for a bluetooth headset to pair with my SPV E200.

What You Get

Blue Headset

Over The Hook Ear

2 Mini Eargels

Charging Cradle

Nokia Mains Charger

Carrying Lanyard

is still an absolute bargain.

Hmm.... when you say "2 mini Eargels" I assume you actually mean headphones? How does that work then? Do they plug into the pictured earphone unit or are they wireless as well? Do they also have the ear-hugging hook thingy that the pictured earpiece has, or are they normal 'bug'-style earphones? How's the sound quality when you're listening to MP3s?

As you've probably figured out I've never even seen a BT headset before, but I've been thinking of getting one simply because the annoyance factor of the wired headset is driving me up the wall!:)

Guest Sierra055

manveruppd: The ear gels are just the rubbery ear piece that fits inside your ear. The 2 gels are just spares.

I have a Jabra BT250, and I certainly can't listen to MP3's on it, so i'm certain none can.

I have been experiencing some similar problems, ie. phone sometimes answers through headset, other times not so I'm assuming it may be the phone? I also get a lot of crackling through mine. I have tried the earpiece on a O2 XDAII and a SE T610 where it works beautifully. I'm wondering whether to try another headset, anyone happy with the sound quality?

Well I've bought the headset, and must say it really is excellent. Sound quality is first class & quite loud. Had no problems making or answering calls, works first time everytime so far.

Also tried it with Sony Ericson T68i - even better 'cos of the voice dialing. Just wish my E200 supported it........

Tosh

Guest v1nn1e

I sent my mini blue back. It was loud but wasn't to lear in my opinion. Comparing with the Nokia 02 one and jabra 200, the headset doesn't connect quick enough when receiving calls etc. Jabra more comfortable too!

Guest manveruppd
Also tried it with Sony Ericson T68i - even better 'cos of the voice dialing. Just wish my E200 supported it........

Tosh

Only a matter of time before some annoyed user writes up a freeware applet that adds voice dialling... I hope... :)

Shame about those BT headsets only havign one earpiece though... I use my E200 as an MP3 player too (as many, I'm sure, do), and if there were any stereo bluetooth headsets around I'd certainly buy one!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markdotpeters5

well i got one today from the link for £40, and it's great...apart from the crackling sound. unless the phone is very clear it crackles. I only charged it for two hours, and i'm sure the immenent upgrade will make some difference, but just thought i'd add my 2p.

Guest markdotpeters5

just thought i'd add, i've done the upgrade, and if anything, it's worse. I'm taking it back to the link tomorrow, hopefully i'll try another couple of sets out whilst i'm there.

Guest shardy

I bought this today and I have to take it straight back :) It wouldn't pair with my e200 (after it has been updated), but worse, the charger wouldn't unplug from the headset, and actually broke off leaving the plug attached! This was just from giving it a quick tug to try to remove it!

Guest pd.ryder

Does this Mini-Blue from the Link support the "headset" profile on the phone?? Will it auto-answer according to phones headset profile settings, ring accordingly in your ear rather than the phone singing-and-shaking as it does according to "normal" profile. The Motorala HS810 I'm using won't do any of the above and has to be forced into answering a call by furious button pressing (which often results in the call being dropped instead). It's a wonderful, tiny little device, much prefered to the Jabra 250 I tried which, incidentally, worked in exactly the same manner.