Really Nice Bluetooth Headset for E200

Guest Ste

Guest Niteflyer

Ok, so I just bought the Mini-Blue bluetooth.

I have a problem.

I can get it to pair with my E200 fine BUT there is NO sound coming through. The sound doesn't come throught the phone so it should come throught the headset but nothing!

Am I right in thinking that you should get a tone through the earpiece when you switch it on? (that's what is says on the instructions anyway) Well I don't get ANY tone at all, when I switch it ON or OFF!

Maybe I have a faulty headset? I'm gonna take it back to the LINK later and will let you know.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

:)

Guest shardy

I took mine back to the link today, it seems that there are 2 versions of this "mini" headset, they look almost identical, but one charges off a cradle and the other has the charger plugged into it. Mine was of the second type, and the charger plug broke off in the headset as I said before. The sales assistants in the Link said that they had had a few of this type brought back with broken charger/headset. My advice is to ask for the type with the cradle charger if at all possible! I just asked for a refund in the end, didn't want to risk a second one!

Guest Sagey

I have a Plantronic M3000 Bluetooth headset for my SPV E200. Its a great little headset that comes with two different size ear hooks that are comfortable. It has 8 hours taktime and 200 hours standby time. The re-chargable battery can also be replaced if need be. The headset has excellent clarity and volume. Orange shops are selling it for £44.99 which is not bad considering The Link are charging £69.99 and the correct retail price is £89.99.

You will not be disappointed if you were buying this.

Sagey

Nite Flyer, I have had this happen to me once or twice. The problem isn't the headset but is the bluetooth on the smartphone.

Also what I have found is if after you have bonded the headset that you bond with a usb adaptor on your pc that this may knock the headset out. The best thing to do is just rediscover the headset and then all should work fine.

The new update hasn't affteced the bonding of the headset or hasn't give the connection between the headset any advantages or disadvantages. The only thing I could want more is the true handsfree profile for the headset but I doubt that this will ever come. Its a shame that its not possible to port it from another mobile like it is to port a game from one console to the other.

Had the mini blue for quite a while now. The battery life is one of the best I have seen. There is about half a seconds delay when receiving an incoming call and when you end a call via the headset there isusually the same time delay.

The quality of the set is great and I find it nice that the headset doesn't distort after set range.

Guest Niteflyer

Thanks for all you replies guys but I took the headset back yesterday and exchanged it (for the same model) and it all works just fine now.

It was a faulty headset :)

Thanks guys.

I have heaard a lot of bad stuff about the LINK but yesterday I wrote a letter of praise to them, they were great! exchanged 22 headsets (1 was 3 months old) with NO QUESTIONS at all! AND they even offered me my 20p parking charge back.

:lol:

Guest t3dluke

I have the same headset I think except mines called the BlueTrek G2, I think its the same one you're all talking about. I works great with the PC for games and MSN etc with a range of about 8m. With the phone however the range is pathetic, the sound begins to break up once the phone is in my pocket. This makes me think its the phone and not the headset, I'm wondering if theres a fault with my phones bluetooth module and should ask Orange for a replacement, I'm under orange care after all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest R4N6ER5-RE4DY

Just been to the link & couldn't get 1. Went to maplins & bought a celllink BTHS 6023-C for £39.99. It came with charger + car charger + case + ear covers. Its charging just now, I'll post if its any good as soon as its running.

Guest R4N6ER5-RE4DY
Just been to the link & couldn't get 1. Went to maplins & bought a celllink BTHS 6023-C for £39.99. It came with charger + car charger + case + ear covers. Its charging just now, I'll post if its any good as soon as its running.

Sound is OK but range is poor, starts to break up about 1 metre but will do for car use.

I bought the Jabra BT200 yesterday from The Link, got it home, paired it with my E200, answered a call.

Result:

Crackle, Crackle, Crackle. :x :cry:

Read this post. Went back to The Link, swapped for Blue-Mini.

Result:

Crystal clear reception :D

Only problem is that it was £49.99, the same as the Jabra, not £39 as online.

Anyone know where you can get the charging station from as shown in the dowloadable PDF on the Kondor website?

It is also available from @£39.99

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/2388.htm

I contacted Kondor & hey sent me a charging station but it is not for my headset, there must be two varients as mine did not come with the charging station or lanyard as detail in the original post.

After less than two days use the rubber earbud of the mini-Blue begain to come away from the headset. I have now exchanged it for a M3000 which is much more robust, and replacement parts are easy to source from the internet.

Blue-Mini-Bluetooth-Headset.pdf

• 1 month later...
Guest Dirky

Well, just an update.

My first mini-blue failed after about 2 months of light use. One day I took it off charge, tried to switch it on and nothing, no lights or anything.

So I took it back and changed it. They gave me the one without the cradle this time.

This has lasted about 1 week and does not seem to hold any charge. Lasts about 3 hours on standby.

So I will take it back tomorrow and am thinking of swapping it for the Plantronics M3000, 49.99 on the Link website.

Hopefully I will have more luck with this one!

Mike

Guest Dirky

Well I swapped it for the M3000 unit today.

The M3000 was on the shelves at 69-99 but I told them it is on their website for 49-99 so I did a straight swap.

I've got it on charge so not ahd chance to try it out yet.

Mike