Sprite Backup Smartphone goes final

Guest abatis

Guest Disco Stu

Further to kjk's problems detailed here :

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...sprite&start=15

I had to hard reset (ie: Clear Storage) this morning, OTA unlock - within seconds using the following link :

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

Re-installed SmartExplorer to access the storage card and ran the Sprite restore from a backup file I'd made last night.

As kjk stated, there is nothing in Add / Remove Prgrams besides SmartExplorer so in order to uninstall things I will have to reinstall them first.

I am being prompted with the 'Trusted Source ?' screen whenever I go into anything (even Orange's own Task Manager !)

SurrealStart had to be reloaded for some reason.

Otherwise everything looks pretty cool.

It's the Add / Remove bit that is annoying so I'll get onto Sprite and see what they say.

Anyone else's feedback would be welcome.

Guest abatis

This program backups everything you add including the registry. This is the real deal for backup. I am a beta tester for another program. This is more complete.

Guest abatis

Just a note.

I bought a second MPX200 and I ran the 1.5 backup on it. I than restored my other Mpx200 to it. Everything went great. I virtually cloned my origianl MPX200.

Guest Disco Stu

Further to my last post, I contacted Sprite about the Add / Remove problem and Windows98 support X-( and got a simple "all issues will be addressed in the final release" reply.

Have to admit that everything works fine after the restore.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest g4mb17

It should be out "soon" we are just talking with orange and verzion to get them to sign it so it will restore the remove programs information and GPRS settings, things a moving along nicely there.

I don't think there will be another version after RC1, touch wood.

Not sure who you talked to Disco, but that should answer problem A, win 98 support. hmmm i can, but i'm not to keen. If enough people want it them i'd do a version. :-)

riki

www.spritesoftware.com

Guest Disco Stu
It should be out "soon" we are just talking with orange and verzion to get them to sign it so it will restore the remove programs information and http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=4861>GPRS settings, things a moving along nicely there.  

I don't think there will be another version after RC1, touch wood.  

Not sure who you talked to Disco, but that should answer problem A, win 98 support. hmmm i can, but i'm not to keen. If enough people want it them i'd do a version. :-)

riki

www.spritesoftware.com

I didn't keep the email but I don't have a problem. Hopefully I'll have better PC facilities soon and using the SD card is fine for now.

The design is excellent BTW

Guest lutzh

...great tool! have gone through the whole testing process and can say its worth getting it!

if you do scheduled backups you can really iron down your e200 and all you have to do after a rom update is a) connect to active sync, establish a partnership, :) run certification unlock c) install spritebackup for smartphone, d) restore your backup. your phone will be like it was before the update (data/profile/country settings, contacts, ringtones, homescreens/plugins, applications, etc.).

cheers, lutz

Guest tcwatkins
Good news, we've released Sprite Backup for Smartphone. Check out the product page  here...

Cheers,

Thomas

Sprite Software

Any guesses on when it can be used on the verizon/samsung i600?

Guest Pagemakers

Fantastic.

I assume all your email accounts & "My Text" words, T9 etc is all backed up too?

Same there wasn't a separate option for contacts, tasks and calender backup. I am not interested in backing these up really since I can restore them with active sync in about 5 seconds flat.

Great app though. One will will certainly buy when the free period runs out.

Brief question (and expecting profound answers ;-) :

Is it advisable to do a restore after having upgraded the firmware ?

Isn't there the risk of overwriting newer system files ?

Or is this risk not existing, because all those updated (system) files are protected somehow ?

Can anyone explain this here please ?

Thx.

G

Guest Richie M

Just to say this an excellent piece of software, well done Thomas =D>

Definitley one to buy!

I had to upgrade my Tanager yesterday, ran Sprite Backup before the upgrade, then restored afterwards (after OTA unlocking) and bingo everything was back how it was :D and most importantly all my SMS's!

• 3 weeks later...