i600 Caller ID patch gave an error

Guest clivepearce

Guest clivepearce

I tried putting in the Caller-ID patch and got the following error:

“Your current operator regions ROM version is 3.0.31113.0 - operator.xdp cannot be installed because the ROM version does not match your device. You must obtain the ROM update file that matches your region”.

Note that I had installed this patch previously and it worked fine. I had to do a "Hard Re-set" on the phone last week, and assumed I had to re-apply this patch.

I called Samsung support (1-888-987-4357) and they told me I would have to call them back during the week, as the nature of my problem would require a level 2 technician, and they do not work week-ends - just level 1's.

Mean-while the phone basics still work fine - I'd just like to get these software patches in and be up to date.

Any comments or thoughts appreciated!

Guest mark_k

Only have to do thst specific patch once. It updates the ROM. If you hard rest the phone you DO NOT have to install the patch again.

Test your phone now. call it what happens?

Guest clivepearce

Hi,

Your absolutely right! I just determined from Samsung support that both the Caller ID and MSN Internet (IM) patches - once applied, do not have to be re-applied again; even after hard reset. (Both these files have an extension of "XDP"). The caller ID continues to work well. (It even updates the ROM version number).

However it seems that the HKCR registry update does have to be reapplied after a hard reset (Note this file has a "CPF" extension)

Thanks

Clive Pearce

NJ

P.S. This Forum is great!