EXCLUSIVE: More Sagem details surface

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

EXCLUSIVE to MoDaCo, more details have surfaced about the forthcoming Sagem Smartphone.

The much rumoured Smartphone is likely to be announced in March - At CEBIT - with phones shipping to operators as early as May.

The phone, a Candy Bar device, is set to be the smallest Smartphone currently available.

A member idenfiying himself as 'The Insider' has posted the following teaser (note, watermarking not added by us)...

smartphone_134.jpg

Further details coming soon!

P

Guest peekie

sagem normally are cheaper but also on a few models of normal phones look cheap their logo normally destroys a look of a phone i hope the dont on this one :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest midnight

the recent sagem's are stunning phones, especially the MY X-6

the good thing is, Sagem also like their entertainment phones, so hopefully this will be sold as an entertainment phone rather than a pure busniess phone (the text on the image above puts entertainment before 'professional') :)

also, looking at the above image's screen size (and presuming its the same physical size as other smartphone screens), the phone looks smaller than the e100/e200 and the mpx100

now, what about an image that isnt watermarked :D

Guest pisquee

Be interesting to see if msmobiles manages to remove the www.modaco.com watermarking and replace it with his own on this image! ;-)

Guest Jakob

As far as I remember, Sagem was one of the first cell-phone manufacturers to launch a GPRS phone. A couple of years ago they launched a clamshell style phone having a 5 watt radio-module...

I skipped the phone ´cause my head got dizzy when being on the phone for more than 10minutes..

But I worked perfectly on the Orange (mobilix at that time) network in DK

So Sagem is normally in touch with new splutions, so I´m looking very much forward to this product.

/Jakob

Guest Paul [MVP]

Personally, I don't expect any huge technology advances in this phone, I hope that Sagem will be pushing the envelope when it comes to Cost, Form Factor and Build.

I imagine a cheap, compact cross network Smartphone will quite revolutionise Smartphone uptake rate...

P

Guest midnight

cant agree more, and as i said, sell it as an entertainment device, not a professional device will get many more sales aswell, then it can truly be called a mass market device.

Guest kyrkesmith

Hopefully those SB letters you can see are the end of USB, and it has a MPx200 style port.

What you can see of the phone looks pretty decent.

Finally, I very much hope it doesn't have asilly name. Personally, a phone called MY X-6 doesn't do it for me.

Guest kyrkesmith

My problems with Sagem's phones are:

1. They have stupid names MY-Xblah blah

2. They have silly designs, or designs that are spoilt by something that just doesn't fit, and looks cheap

3. The software is rubbish.

In the case of this, number 3 obviously isn't an issue. Number 2 doesn't look like it is, from what we've seen so far.

Number 1, I can just about live with, if everything else is good.

Guest The Insider

@ encece

Real phone is more beautiful in fact. The device is targeted for all customers, not only corporate users. This is a very important point because Microsoft needs such a popular device to capture the masses. The sale price will be slightly smaller than competitors.

regards

Guest nickcornaglia

I'd be willing to bet my life that the phone is better looking than I drew. I was just copying and pasting from the areas that were visible. Thanks for the scoop and dont forget to post more when you can! :)

Guest ddavewoods

Im glad Sagem are producing a windows smartphone, I reckon the MYX6 must be the best camera phone available, its just the name that stops people from getting one, even though its FREE on Orange, so the smartphone should be superb.

Dave Woods

SPV-MPX200(deceased)-SPVE200

otheres Panasonic X70 - LG7100 - Sagem MYX6 - Nokia 7250i

Guest morpheus2702
our wonderful spv's.... ahhh bliss

Hmmm, wonderful, certainly a term I haven't heard in connection with many SPVs...

As much as I am up for the elimination of ugly phones (hello Voq), let's not ban the Sagem until we've seen the real deal? :wink:

Guest midnight

sagem rock actually, the MY X-6 is a really nice phone (for a standard camera phone that is), and really, whats wrong with the name? the MY logo's are pretty neat i think, better than SPV (Spectrum Patrol Vehicle?) or just some pointless number :)

Guest bluesmudge

I think some one has been watching too much captain scarlet :wink:

ok maybe sagam aren't that bad..... but why call them MY(...) i suppose it might be because no one would own up to having one, and "MY" gives the "Phone" a sense of belonging.