How to remove the "G" icon on top of the screen?

Guest litopogi

Guest dinoalbert

bragol is right :)

or you better not use GPRS if you dont want to see that symbol :D

that "G" symbol means you are using your GPRS, probably you sending or downloading MMS or surfing the net.

to minimize use of GPRS. go to Programs-->Settings-->Data Connections...click Menu-->Options and change the value for "Idle disconnect after" to minimum....I changed mine to only 30 seconds

Guest kalinte
Hello SAP users.

Meron ba sa inyong nakakaalam kung paano tatanggalin yung "G" icon sa upper middle portion ng LCD screen?

the "G" stands for GPRS enabled phone. if it's above your signal indicator then it means your online.

to deactivate i think you should send sms " GPRS off" to 333 for smart.

Guest dinoalbert

the "G" stands for GPRS enabled phone. if it's above your signal indicator then it means your online.

to deactivate i think you should send sms " GPRS off" to 288.

O nga pala. My mistake... I didnt read clearly your firts post, lito. Tama si kalinte, GPRS-enabled ang meaning nung G sa gitna....but when you see it at the top of the signal indicator, it means ginagamit mo ang GPRS and is currenlty running :)

Guest dobby_gobby_man

ok lang na tanggalin mo yung "G" mo kapag smart ka kasi lakas kumain ng load!!! ako nakaplan e ilang KB lang hundred plus na binayaran ko. pero kung globe sim mo, wag mo na tanggalin ok mag i-net sa globe

Guest dinoalbert
ok lang na tanggalin mo yung "G" mo kapag smart ka kasi lakas kumain ng load!!! ako nakaplan e ilang KB lang hundred plus na binayaran ko. pero kung globe sim mo, wag mo na tanggalin ok mag i-net sa globe

I dont get it, dobby. Smart and Globe both have the same charge for GPRS use...P0.25/kb din...pareho lang mapa-Smart or mapa-Globe. It depends lang kase sa lakas ng gamit mo...at sa laki ng website na pinupuntahan mo (especially those sites with lots of graphics)....or maybe you downloaded large files, like music or movie files? I am using Smart GPRS a lot pero hindi naman malaki ang gprs bill ko.

Guest dobby_gobby_man

what i mean is kapag yung trip trip mo lang magsurf sa mga sites.

kasi dati nung gumagamit pa ako ng globe sim sa unit na 3650, free ang use ng GPRS (correct me if im wrong). ewan ko lang kung free pa rin hanggang ngayon kasi di na ako gumagamit ng globe.

Guest litopogi

Thanks people.

I tried sending GPRS OFF to 333 but they reply "deactivation is not allowed for this service feature". I'm using Smart SIM

GPRS is charged by KB and not by the minute right? Paano malalaman kung ilan ang na download na files?

If the GPRS is active, posible ba na mag download ang SAP without notifying the user?

I'll appreciate your response.

Guest dinoalbert

@dobby, hindi na free ang GPRS ng Globe ngayon, may bayad narin.

@lito, yes of course anyone who uses your phone can use your internet/GPRS. Websites with lots of graphics are larger in size....to minimize GPRS cost, uncheck the box for "Show Pictures" from Internet Explorer-->Options-->General.

I suggest you use IMETER so you can monitor your GPRS usage....to find it, please do a Search

Guest kalinte
Thanks people.

I tried sending GPRS OFF to 333 but they reply "deactivation is not allowed for this service feature".

di pwede e-deactivate and GPRS? my golly.

that's the business part their. they dont want you to know how much you use para magulat ka na lang. as long as you stay with smart portal and dont down load stuff, you dont have to pay for the GPRS. globe? i think its free but you cant go anywhere but globe site. i use smart so i don't know if that's still the case coz dino said otherwise. peace!

Guest sweetyls

you can also surf on wap41 sites (as opposed to wap sites) for free sa globe. and ang may bayad pa lang sa globe is when you use your phone as a modem, like when you're using your phone to connect your laptop/pda to the internet.

Guest virgil

d talga yata maalis yung G symbol--kahit palitan mo GPRS settings--it stays as long there is a GPRS signal in you area. one time nawala yung GSM signal ko in laguna and nawala din yung GPRS signal ko . Then after a while bumalik yung GSM signal pero wala yung G symbol (baka walng GPRS signal)--d naman ako makapag GPRS.

My thoughts...only...

Guest kalinte

finally! we can end this thread. the only way to deactivate your GPRS is to do what "PZEE" did, dont pay your bills. he he apparently there's no procedure to deactivate the gprs. smart talaga ang SMART. i dont know about globe.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

:) di ko pa to na try sa prepaid sim. basta pag putol na line at di pa bayad, walang G symbol.

siguro may makaka discover naman ng way para matanggal to...using a tweak or maybe with a hacked ROM. :wink:

Guest BrAGoL
bakit nga pala gustong tanggalin?  :?:

oo nga... :roll:

siguro maganda i-tweak na lang na mapalitan ng ibang letter character... any tweaker out there? :)

Guest kalinte
bakit nga pala gustong tanggalin?  :?:

lol..... so many posts later, somebody asked the smartest question. you need GPRS to send and recieve data. bat mo naman gustong tanggalin?

if you dont want your SPV to go online unintentionally switch it to line 2. it wont make calls btu it can recieve them even sms. how? lets open another thread. lol

just press and hold the # sign. peace