MAME for smartphone

Guest steverae

Guest steverae

Hello everyone, this is my first post here as i am a new user of the SPV E200. Just got mine yesterday....

Been trawling the net looking for something called SNAPMAME apparently this is a MAME (Multiple arcade machine emulator" program for the smartphone.

I was wondering if anyone had this or where it can be downloaded from.

Guest midnight

snapmame isnt an emulator, its just a website that displays info about games emulated by mame :)

but if someone wants to have a go at a conversion, there is windows ce source here

Guest phonesmarts

hmmm...im glad there's a source code (unlike SNES...), but the question is, will it run smooth on a SP? a MAME emu is not much slower than a SNES, right? the SP lags under SNES emu already :roll: ...

Guest midnight

mame speed is dependant on the game it emulates as mame can emulate anything from pong all the way up to the latest arcade games. so if it was ported, then yes, some games would run full speed, others would be slow.

Guest phonesmarts

ahhh, good of you to clarify that, mid. :)

im not sure if a MAME emu is a good idea. it seems, IMO, great MAME games are Metal Slug, Raiden, etc. im not really sure if those would even come close to running @ 1/2 speed. of course, if it does happen to come out, we'll have more time to kill.

Guest roozbeh

sorry pals..i didnt get it.....what does mame emulate?

if it is not emulator and engine..conversion can be very fast..i mean games can run fast...but if it is emulator well....it depends....

but is it emulator or not?

also anybody tested it on pocket pc can say the speed and welll with dividing it by 3/4 there is speed of runing in smartphone

Guest midnight

its an emulator....

Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator (MAME)

and to be honest, mamce3 doesnt emulate all that many games, but it does emu some of the classics (gauntlet, bombjack etc), but unfortunately they missed out bubble bobble :)

Guest retro

It still would be good to play the classic arcade game. and with it being a souce code im sure someone could add more games to the list..

hope someone takes up it..

Retro

Guest midnight

where does it say mame for smartphone?

i'll repeat, snapmame isnt mame, its simply an information database listing all the games compatible with mame, including screenshots etc.

Guest gravity

That link you posted only states that the WEBSITE snapmame is now compatable with Smartphone and PocketPC. That .gif of the smartphone screen is of Pocket IE. It only demonstrates how the content of the website has been modified to fit your screen.

Guest steverae

Hey Kingdom Master -

What version of mame did you get to work and could you post the link even better the file here, i wanna play the old classics like spaceinvaders, pacman, asteroids, defenda, gorf etc etc these old emuls should run fine on the spv.

Guest manveruppd

MAME slow on the SPV??? It ran fine on my old 100MHz Pentium! Surely the SPV is equal to that! It can run QUAKE for cryin' out loud!

Guest kingdom master

I didnt do the work on this. I only test these things and phones.

I DID HELP ON SOME OF IT BUT DIDNT DO THE CODING.!! :evil:

and offending post removed :)

Guest kingdom master

yeh there is, as soon as my friend gets back to me with the next update that doesnt crash of slow the phone, ill ask if i can post it. ill also try find out the original emul name. :)

richie thanks for that;-)

Guest MPXtricky

Invaders and Pacman clones are already available and you don't need an emulator to run them. Quality they are too! look around here or

www.monolithix.org