Update: BlindLemon Font Installer : Enable Fonts

Guest MrMagoo

Guest MoRFLeZ
but the homescreen menus and fonts are still the same.

Im using Smartphone2002, Orange 1.6 ROM

You need to open up the homescreen xml file, and change the font name too! Then it should work

GREAT job MrMagoo - you've really produced some quality "tweaks" in a short time!

Guest StylishLemur

Mine seem to be able to change Program font with the system tweak

and homescreen font with home screen tweak

however, SmartExplorer and TaskManager showed of my do not shown the changed fonts though

Guest BrAGoL

i also used comic font... noticed to have the same as pzee... i've also changed the font of my homescreen from nina to comic but nothing changed... what do i still need to tweak?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
You need to open up the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen xml file, and change the font name too! Then it should work

I changed the name already...from nina to comic then reboot. No change noted in the homescreen fonts. Im using darxkin's Mac OS X skin/theme.

<default font-face="comic" font-size="11" font-weight="normal"

Guest MoRFLeZ

(E200 = Storagewindowsfonts

SPV = WindowsFonts)

Should be:

SPV = IPSMWindowsFonts (just in case anyone should have any doubts)

Put RapiConfig.exe and registry.xml here C:

Open the registry.xml file with notepad and change this line so it matches your font:

(In this case I'm trying out comic)

Now open up a dos command and type cd .. untill it only says C:

Then type RapiConfig.exe /p registry.xml and it should change the registry key for ya!

Guest MoRFLeZ

Okay twiddle with it a bit ... and managed to change the font in SP Task Manager and Smart Explorer - but my Programs list is still the same old!

Using SPV Classic DK 1.6.4.10

Edited: Can't get the homescreen tweak to work either...

Second Edit: I'm an eeejidt - while changing the registry to "comic" changes the font in Smart Explorer and Task Manager - you have to use "Comic Sans MS" in order for a complete change!! Same goes for the homescreens! It's all working at the moment!

Guest StylishLemur
I still don't know what to do with the rapiconfig exe.  Can somebody post exactly what to do??

basically, you have to creat one folder to store these rapiconfig and registry file.

my case, i create on the folder c:temp, and put both files on this.

after that u edit the registry using notepad. change the word "nina" to your font name (not file name). u have to have the font on your phone.

then u run the dos, go to folder c:temp (or whatever your folder named)

make sure your phone is on the deck

type RapiConfig.exe /p registry.xml

restart the phone

done

hope this help

Guest drblow

Em ... sorry again to be the dumbass ... but can somebody please post instructions to use the rapiconfig thing in simple, plain language!!??

I have tried doing the DOS commands as posted above, but I get an error saying that rapiconfig.exe is not a known command.

HELP!! :?

EDIT - the only way I have fopund of deleting the files (because of a sharing violation) is to restart the phone & then delete the font files before running the font changer app.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Think you should use Comic Sans MS not comic

You're absolutely right! :) Thanks a lot.

Its workin now as shown in the screengrabs.

I attached a cab file which will automatically change the registry settings of sysfont to "Comic Sans MS" and install Comic Sans MS.ttf to IPSMWindowsFonts...for those havin problems with RapiConfig.exe, kindly try the attached cab.

Great tweak! :D/

ComicSansMS.cab

perfect.gif

Guest StylishLemur
Em ... sorry again to be the dumbass ... but can somebody please post instructions to use the rapiconfig thing in simple, plain language!!??

I have tried doing the DOS commands as posted above, but I get an error saying that rapiconfig.exe is not a known command.

HELP!!  :?

EDIT - the only way I have fopund of deleting the files (because of a sharing violation) is to restart the phone & then delete the font files before running the font changer app.

when you are in dos

you have to go to the folder stroing rapiconfig

for example, suppose you store rapiconfig in c:temp

in dos

you have to type "cd"

"cdtemp"

then now you can type the command rapiconfig.exe p registry.xml

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
:) how many hours are gonna be spent changing fonts today i wonder?

ummm 10 minutes :D

Thanks a lot for the tweak MrMagoo. :D

Guest StylishLemur
:) how many hours are gonna be spent changing fonts today i wonder?

so MrMagoo, how can we delete the font?

thnk for great tweak

Guest MrMagoo

so MrMagoo, how can we delete the font?

thnk for great http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak

:D I hadn't tried deleting one. My guess is that because it is "available" for use in the system - it must be in use. I may have to write something to allow you to close a font and delete it.

In the meantime, you could try renaming the file to something which is not obviously a font file e.g. crap.txt and then reboot. This MAY cause that font not to be installed and leave it in a state where you can delete it.

Let me know if that workaround works or not.

Guest MrMagoo
@MrMagoo

Any plans of a GUI for changing fonts easely?

Like what? I will do something to let you change the system fonts registry settings soon(ish) - is that what you mean?

Guest StylishLemur

:D I hadn't tried deleting one. My guess is that because it is "available" for use in the system - it must be in use. I may have to write something to allow you to close a font and delete it.

In the meantime, you could try renaming the file to something which is not obviously a font file e.g. crap.txt and then reboot. This MAY cause that font not to be installed and leave it in a state where you can delete it.

Let me know if that workaround works or not.

not working

:D

Guest MrMagoo
Like a little application where you can select severel fonts and change them!

Select them from where and change them how?

Be more specific - I don't understand what you want :?