Update: BlindLemon Font Installer : Enable Fonts

Guest MrMagoo

Guest spvlover

High Smartphoners

@dumdidum hier THC Grüschen :-))

@Mrmagoo what he means ( i think ) is a little app that maks ist possible for all the less PC fanatics to easely change the Font like in Windows.

Save the diferent fonts on SD card for example and copiing them into the right directory changes the fond as selected. That way you save space on the phone...

Another thought wouldbe to make a set of cabs for custom cabbage to simpli install the font you like :)

Geetz

Guest MrMagoo
High Smartphoners  

Another thought wouldbe to make a set of cabs for custom cabbage to simpli install the font you like :)  

Geetz

Now I like the sound of that... less work for me :D

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
how do we delete the font in ipsm/windows/font? i cant delete it.

What I did was to rename the folder "Fonts" to something like "Fonts0" then reboot.

Active sync then open Fonts0 folder and remove unwanted fonts. Up one folder then rename "Fonts0" back to "Fonts".

Reboot. :)

Guest StylishLemur

What I did was to rename the folder "Fonts" to something like "Fonts0" then reboot.

Active sync then open Fonts0 folder and remove unwanted fonts. Up one folder then rename "Fonts0" back to "Fonts".

Reboot. :)

WORKSS!!!

Guest MoRFLeZ

Unfortunately I don't have a 2003 device .. which I believe you need for the Clear Type tweak!

Anywayz, regarding downloading these cabs over the net, while I generally like the idea, that ttf files are fairly large. The ones I've checked range from 50kb to 100kb.

Would be nice if the program had a GUI where you could "add" files, delete them and so on and forth instead (as already mentioned).

As it is now, it works and it's super great!! MrMagoo you're brilliant!

Guest lutzh

hi there,

my problem is that the font installer on my e200 only popps up for about a second and then it dissapears by itself. is that correct?

i was still not able to get any font i've transfered to the fonds folder on my e200 on my home screen nor my program list. it only showed up once in the resco explorer...

cheers, lutz

Guest badboy4life

What i find I have to do is run the font installer and then close 'Start' using xbar and then when loading up 'Start' a fresh the menu items appear in the new font.

Should it be that the font installer needs to be run after every soft reset?

And is there a registry entry that could be changed so that the menu fonts also change or is that something to do with the homescreen layout settings?

Guest MoRFLeZ
hi there,

my problem is that the font installer on my e200 only popps up for about a second and then it dissapears by itself. is that correct?  

i was still not able to get any font i've transfered to the fonds folder on my e200 on my http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>home screen nor my program list. it only showed up once in the resco explorer...

cheers, lutz

Yeah the Font Installer only pops up really fast!

What did you name your font!? I had the same problem when I only typed "comic" instead of "Comic Sans MS" in the registry!

Guest MoRFLeZ
What i find I have to do is run the font installer and then close 'Start' using xbar and then when loading up 'Start' a fresh the  menu items appear in the new font.

Should it be that the font installer needs to be run after every soft reset?

No it's spose to load all by itself on bootup!

Did you install it on your phone or on your SD card!?

Guest MrMagoo

Correct the app needs to run on boot-up and it needs to run early in the process.

The cab file should install the correct registry settings for this to happen.

The reason for this is that home.exe and the start menu do not respond to a message which is sent to all processes whenever a new font becomes available, and they should then repaint with the new system / homescreen font.

So, killing them and restarting them will work because that causes them to reload the reuqired font.

Also correct is that the font names you use in the registry and in homescreens is NOT the filename , it is what is known as the typeface name. If you double click the font file on your PC you will see this name in the display.

fontsample.PNG

Guest drblow
- Where did you place RapiConfig ??

- Did you browse to the right folder in DOS

- What do you type in the DOS command!?

OK - I placed the rapiconfig folder in the C: drive. Just C:.

I opened a DOS command prompt & typed cd c: - which then gave me a DOS prompt with C: at the beginning.

I then typed the commands as posted above - and got an error msg.

Can somebody just post a clear, simple answer about exactly what to do. I'm not exactly computer illiterate - but it would help if someone could post instructions that someone who has never even seen a computer could understand!!

Guest MoRFLeZ

0) Place the font in the font folder:

SPV 2003 = StorageWindowsFonts

SPV 2002 = IPSMWindowsFonts

1) Put your phone in the cradle and make sure ActiveSync is running

2) Install the Font Changer app to your phone

3) Download RapiConfig + template.xml and unzip them here: C:RapiConfig

4) Open the registry.xml file with Notepad and change this line:

to fit your need. (Remember to change it to the Typeface name NOT the file name)

comic = Comic Sans MS

5) Open a dos command and type: cd C:RapiConfig

6) Type RapiConfig.exe /p registry.xml

7) You should get a success message

8) Reboot your phone

Guest badboy4life

I installed it to the phone, I'll try re-installing the cab, hopefully that will correct it.

drblow: Hopefully this will help, create a folder on your computer somewhere and extract the attached zip.modify the xml and save, then just run the 'changefont.bat'

RapiConfig.zip

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to install BLAddfont on an i600? I receive the "inadequate system permissions" error. I have run the HKCR patch which took care of this issue on all other app installs, but not this one. Please help, as I'd really like to run this clever app.

Guest Coucou

Ooh, yes, the batch file has worked :) hurray! :D

Very bad of me: I haven't thanked anyone yet, thank you Mr Magoo and badboy4life :D this is a blinding tweak

Guest Coucou

Ok, now this does change a lot, but it doesn't seem to change the font for third party apps. For instance it doesn't change the font that surrealstart uses. Is there a way to get round this or is it down to the individual programs?

Guest drblow

Nice one badboy4life - the batch file works a treat!! :)

I definately second all the suggestions for an interface for this app. Obviously that would take some time - but I definately think this tweak will be popular enough to be worth it!

As far as I'm concerned, it would be fine to manually install fonts to the Windows/Fonts folder - but it would be great if the app could then open a list of fonts in the folder, & allow you to choose between a range of possibilities.