Mapopolis

Guest triaspis

Guest triaspis

Anyone know if this software will work on the i600? They just released a beta version for windows mobile smart phones. Anyone try it yet?

Guest paulkbiba

It works perfectly on the i600. I put it on last night and it's great fun. I installed it onto the SD card along with maps for the entire state of NJ. Unfortunately we will only be able to use it as a mapping program. Since there is no GPS that works with the phone we will not be able to use active route guidance. The lucky people in Europe have Smartphones with Bluetooth, so they can use a Bluetooth GPS receiver.

Come over to our Mapopolis forums on www.gpspassion.com and you will see some screen shots of the program.

Guest Santa Fe

Please tell me the exact steps you used to get this on your i600. I downloaded it to mine and get an error message telling me that it is not registered. (I put the downloaded file in the temp directory on my storage card and used file explorer to try to install it). Thanks.

Guest paulkbiba

Connect your 600 to your PC and get ActiveSync running. Then run the downloaded file on the PC. It contains an installer which will install the program over your phone using ActiveSync. You can't run the downloaded program on the phone.

Guest paulkbiba

Sorry, I was wrong. I forgot that it is a CAB file. It should run and install just fine. If the install file isn't working I suggest you try the registry fix that is discussed in the forums. This might be what is preventing it from installing. I have done the registry fix on my 600 a while ago.

Guest mark_k

I would like to try it but I am going to wait for the OS update.

paulkbiba, Have you installed it on your i600? Please tell us how you did it.

Otherwise we are all just wasting our time.

Thanks

Guest Skitals

Um, works without hitch on my i600. Now someone needs to figure how to wire up a gps mouse to the i600 (they can do this with the spv with a radioshack gps mouse). Anyone have the pin out for the i600 connector?

Guest mark_k
Skitals - how did you get it to work? I cannot get it to download to my i600 at all. More details please.

Santa Fe did you apply the reg fix from Samsung?

Guest mark_k
I think you are going to need to registry fix if you want to have any hope of doing the install.

Have you got it to install on an i600?

If yes, what were the steps.

Did you install the reg fix?

Guest Santa Fe

Mark_k, yes it works just fine on the i600 after installing the reg fix (as eveyone told me to do). After the reg fix, simply download the Mapopolis cab file to the desktop, copy it to any folder on the phone (I used the storage card/temp folder) and use file explorer on the phone to find and install the cab file.

I really like the program for walking around areas I'm not familar with. A very easy to use and to me "required" app. Glad it is out there.