orange/btopenworld e200 witz end

Guest specialbrew

Guest specialbrew

Hello folks - first post here. Has anyone managed to configure emails with btopenworld using an e200? No matter the combination of server addresses, my phone freezes on at the "Connecting..." screen - no error messages, just plain frozen. Have gone through all this with Orange and they have no further suggestions other than refer to BT, but I know that BT will only supply the info I already have.

If anyone has managed to do this, it would be great if you could post the workable configuration.

many thanks

Hi Mate, I use BTinternet (should be similar), I too experience problems 'sync-ing' with the server. These settings work for me, although, I must add they are somewhat hit and miss (i.e It says downloadin x of 5, and only 1 header will appear in inbox, mad!)

Email setup,

Your Name,

Mine Zabigun

Email Address

[email protected]

User Name

[email protected]

Password

Your password

Domain

N/a

Server Type

POP3

AccountName

As you want it to appear in inbox menu

Network

The Internet

Incoming mail Server

mail.btopenworld.com

Outgoing Mail Server

smtp.orange.net (< yup it's right)

Download following mesages

Last 7 days (use whatever)

Header Only (don't pay for d/l junk on GPRS rates!!)

I've changed my btinternet.com for btopenword.com, but i hope this helps..

Guest specialbrew

Many thanks for that. I've attempted to replicate your settings and although it still doesn't quite work I feel a step closer, as I think the problem must lie somewhere inside my GPRS settings. Without GPRS enabled (and Automatic selected as my Internet option) it almost manages to get there (presumably by wap) but of course as it's looking for a wap-enabled server address it doesn't connect.

My partial eureka moment has arisen from realising I can go deeply into the port and dns settings (start/more/data connections/internet connection/menu/edit connections) and presumably I could establish a direct connection to BT via the dns configuration if all else fails... at this stage the GPRS set-up only tells me that my existing access point is 'orangeinternet' and the rest is blank...

Anyway, I'll continue to play around, but thanks for the leg up.

Did you give it the mandatory 45 minutes to connect?! Seriously tho it does take a long time to connect, then send and recieve. do you get an error message? Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest specialbrew

I guess I've given it about four or five minutes so far... under the 'Automatic' setting you get cute little send/receive icons at the top, which give you some hope at least, but of course under GPRS you just get a big fat G sitting there and nothing seems to happening. On average, how long does it take to connect? Is this just particular to the BT server, or servers in general?

many thanks

Guest specialbrew

OK, I fiddled about a bit more with the settings and lo... it works - Bro is right, you have to wait a lonnnng time for connection to take place but it got there in the end. For some reason, mail.btopenworld.com didn't go down too well but mail.btinternet.com did: who can say why. Thanks to all who gave me help.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for these settings - really helped. The only thing is that the messages I have in my Openworld account are downloaded, but the emails in my phone don't get sent - it say "The following recipients are invalid" even though the email address I put in is correct.

Any suggestions?