E200 Full sim unlock! (£20 cost)

Guest mcwarre

Guest shadamehr

To PT-1...

No chance mate - its a specifc tool.

I say that not off the top of my head, but as a die hard XDA2 user and regular contributer to that site too.

In short, it doesn't even work for ALL versions of the XDA2, but only certain Radio Stack versions.

That's how specific it is.

Sorry mate, but no chance.

Guest mcobanoglu

Florin_m .

Im living in Turkey now.I got E200 SPV and very would like to simunlock it .Unfortunately , Among Paypal countries , Turkey is not listed .Is there any other way that I can pay this .

Thanks

Guest timothee

Hi there,

Very, very interesting topic this is! :D Now I have some questions/concerns...

My intention is to buy a DUTCH Orange SPV E200 next saturday with a 2 year Free40 contract. I read two positive replies of people who succesfully unlocked their dutch E200, so that's hopeful ;)

Because I already sold my old Siemens S45i to my sister, I need an unlocked new phone to use with my T-mobile simcard the next three months (because that's the period of notice with T-mobile :D). I suppose this is possible after unlocking the phone.

The question I have are:

- Does a sim unlock disable any (orange specific) features? I will use my Orange simcard (of course, I'm paying for it :lol:), but need to use my old T-mobile sim also for the next three months. So...I obviously want to be able to use any orange features in near future.

- Does anyone know what bootloader version is in the now sold SPV E200's? I saw that unlocking doesn't work with bootloader newer than version 1.06 and I don't know how up-to-date this information is.

- Is there a posibility to temporary downgrade the bootloader version and, after unlocking, upgrade it again in the case my new phone is equipped with a newer version?

TIA for any information...I can't wait till next saturday :P

Timothée

Guest florin_m

So, phone will not loose any orange settings. They are in the firmware

2. We can unlock with bootloader 1.7.02 too but that only ORANGE CH has this bootloader, but not public yet cause we still testing. So drop a email, and will do online your phone if has 1.7.2, if not , just unlock online from our server.

Guest timothee
So, phone will not loose any orange settings. They are in the firmware

2. We can unlock with bootloader 1.7.02 too but that only ORANGE CH has this bootloader, but not public yet cause we still testing. So drop a email, and will do online your phone if has 1.7.2, if not , just unlock online from our server.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll check my phone directly after I got it next weekend. In the case my version has a newer bootloader, I certainly will drop drop you an email :D

A friend of mine who works at an Orange shop has version 1.03 in his 2 months old SPV E200, so I hope mine will have the same version.

Thanx,

Timothée

Guest jgreenday

YES!, great tool, well worth the money, orange charge the same amount for unlocking but they take ages to get back 2 u, plus, id rather give my money 2 this guy rather than a big company

great tool, thanks mate

Guest timothee

Last two questions:

- A little bit offtopic, but is it true that in case you do not already have a paypal account, it costs a month before the new account is active and usable? I don't have a paypal account at the moment, but would like to use the unlock tool right after buying and charging my new phone the upcoming weekend :D

- Now an ontopic question: I'm still a little bit paranoia in spite of all the positive reactions in this topic (also from a couple of dutch people). What could go wrong with the unlock procedure apart from a typo by me when entering the IMEI code? ;)

Is the procedure fool-proof or is it possible to screw up your brand new phone? I'm not a-technical but only a little bit paranoia because I don't know exactly what the software does and I don't have the money to buy a new phone at this moment (I'm a student :lol:).

Edit: Damn, Florin is just on holiday when I'm receiving my new phone :D Hopefully nothing goes wrong then :P

TIA for the answers,

Timothée

Guest florin_m

secound question:

Software is 100% safe. Will not damage your phone. Follow exactly the instructions and will be no problems!

First one: I ready don't know :D

@florin_m

Hi, i have also a swiss e200 with bootloader ver 1.7.02 and your programm said "this device is not an e200" . Some replies before you said you can unlock this version of the bootloader.

Please help me.

Guest timothee

Florin is on holiday at the moment as you can read at his website! I think you can best e-mail him so he can assist you after he's back. He indeed told he was able to unlock phones with your version of the bootloader, but it was'nt 100% guaranteed yet...you have to mail him about it.

I just unlocked my phone with bootloader 1.03 and it worked like a charm...only 3 minutes work and I'm now able to call with T-mobile :D

Guest rankinl

I unlocked my UK E200 Bootloader 1.06 today. Email arrived about 10 seconds after confirming the PayPal details. Phone was unlocked about a minute after that.... All in all, was making calls on O2 within 3 minutes. Would have been faster if the SPV booted quicker !!!!

Great service in terms of speed and reliability. Thanks to the Authors. Hope you dont have too many support emails to deal with when you get back !!!

Guest bobob

Hi

I want to SP unlock a dutch (orange) SPV e200. How will I know this service will work for me? I read something that it will only work with certain "bootloaders"? How can I find out which version my phone uses?

And, second question, if I go to http://www.imei-check.co.uk/e200unlock.php

the page does not seem to work. If i fill in an IMEI number and click on submit, nothing happens. There also doesn't seem to be any other links I can follow? Can I also pay by other methods than Pay-pal (for instance, creditcard)

Guest timothee
Hi

I want to SP unlock a dutch (orange) SPV e200. How will I know this service will work for me? I read something that it will only work with certain "bootloaders"? How can I find out which version my phone uses?

Hi, I recently unlocked my Dutch e200 without any problems as posted here. If you press the on/of button and the record button simultaneously (of course your phone has to be off otherwise this won't work), you will see a three colour screen in which you can find the bootloader version. Mine said it was version v1.03 but 1.06 also works. Do NOT upgrade your ROM before unlocking because it will upgrade the bootloader too which makes SIM unlocking more difficult.

And, second question, if I go to http://www.imei-check.co.uk/e200unlock.php

the page does not seem to work. If i fill in an IMEI number and click on submit, nothing happens. There also doesn't seem to be any other links I can follow? Can I also pay by other methods than Pay-pal (for instance, creditcard)

Florin_m, if you read this, could you take up contact with me through email: bobob21 (at) zonnet.nl

The page works fine here...everything works, including the download of the unlock tool and the paypal payment procedure. So I think it is a local problem.

Guest yarod_g14

Blimey £20!

I think the good people of Modaco can work out a way to get around having to pay to unlock the phone I am meant ot Own lol.

(it's not that I dont want you to be rich Florin honest).

Since I have been here I have got used to only paying for things I really have 2 and even then I would only pay what I thought was fair.

This is the same price as Orange unlock........

I suppose its research time......

Guest neophyte
I unlocked my UK E200 Bootloader 1.06 today. Email arrived about 10 seconds after confirming the PayPal details. Phone was unlocked about a minute after that.... All in all, was making calls on O2 within 3 minutes. Would have been faster if the SPV booted quicker !!!!

Great service in terms of speed and reliability. Thanks to the Authors. Hope you dont have too many support emails to deal with when you get back !!!

Can you tell me how you got the phone unlocked with the V1.06 loader? Mine has it & it just aborts out of the unlock process?

Can anyone help?

Guest AaronSoup

Just posting to say thanks to florin... The whole process from payment to unlocking took about 2 minutes... Very Satisfied

Aaron

Guest kevwright

Anyone know if Florin is about at the moment?

I bought the code only to realise after that my brand new Orange E200 form the Orange shop today is bootloader v1.07.02 :-(

Tried emailing him on several addresses a couple hours ago, how quick does he usually get back?

Can PM him here for some reason.

Guest squall

you cant pm until you have made 10 posts.

He is normally fairly quick to respond to, you could try the irc channel as he normally hangs about there

Guest Tech

i just got this phone myself today, searching for a place to unlock it.

NOW - i found this site earlier and wanted to use paypal - im not gonna pay anything

so

i downloaded the main program, it asked for a file (i think u get this file when u pay them)

i made a text file and renamed it to a .unl file with random text in it (abcd)

opened it

ran it

it worked!

so basically yas got ripped off lol :) soz but had to - was funny

will check to see if it actually works 2morrow since it takes 24 hours before i can use the from :lol: