ActiveSync Pain

Guest mwaldrop

Guest mwaldrop

After several months of mostly blissful enjoyment of ActiveSync working fine, today things got ugly. I think the root cause of my problem was an attempt to install Intellisync for syncronizing between a CRM application and Outlook, and maybe that hosed up ActiveSync.

Anyway, here's the outline:

Samsung i600 phone

Boxwave charge/sync cable

Dell laptop

ActiveSync 3.71

Behavior:

Upon connecting the phone, ActiveSync sees connection and determines that it is a "Guest Partnership".

Attempts to remedy:

1) Tried deleting partnership, and recreating from scratch. Result is very first sync works fine on the new partnership, then subsequent connections are recognized as "Guest" instead of the newly created partnership.

2) Tried various combinations of uninstall/reinstall of ActiveSync, and phone hard resets. Same result as above.

3) Tried "Nuclear Winter" approach. Uninstall ActiveSync, reboot, remove any references to ActiveSync in laptop registry. Remove any references to Intellisync from laptop registry. Removed any leftover files from ActiveSync folder in Program files. Hard Reset of Phone. Reboot PC. Install ActiveSync from scratch, connect phone, create new partnership.

Result: Same behavior. Initial sync to new partnership works, next connection of phone is recognized only as "Guest".

Any Ideas ?

Guest daverusso

Did you originally get Intellisync to your I600? Because I spoke with them today after spending all morning trying to install Intellisync and I had them telling me they didn't support the I600.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JayJD

As recommended by the ActiveSync trobleshooter, I deleted all my partnerships. uninstalled my USB connection, and rebooted my computer with the handset removed from the cradle (there is a whitepaper on this at Microsoft that says the problem will arise if you reboot with the handset in the cradle). This seems to have cured my problem although I can't say if it will stay cured.

Jay