Orange release UK E200 update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

It's here!

The first UK E200 software update is now available for download at the following location:

http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/spv2/pro..._ROMCodeUpgrade

Key highlights include fixes to a number of problems that were sapping battery life (most notably the 'SD Card' and 'Photo Caller ID' issues), full support for Bluetooth Serial Ports, much improved sound quality and a number of minor fixes.

The official wording is as follows:

You can improve the performance of your SPV E200 by downloading a new ROM Code Upgrade (click on the link at the bottom of this page). This will give you the following benefits:

* Longer battery life which significantly improves standby time so that you can use your E200 much longer.

* Improved sound quality from the loudspeaker, earphones, and microphone so that you can hear and be heard more clearly.

* Improved Bluetooth support so that many more Bluetooth devices now work.

*PLEASE NOTE: There is no "Handsfree Profile" support in the SPV E200. If you are purchasing a car kit or handsfree Bluetooth device, ensure that the device supports "Headset Profile".

Before you continue with the update please check that:

* your PC is running Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP

* you have installed Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7 or later which is available here and which was supplied on the companion CD in your SPV E200 box

* you have synchronised your SPV with your PC using the SPV cradle or USB cable

When you click on the link below to start the download, the update file will be placed on your PC first, and then automatically start the upgrade process. We have included simple instructions within this program to guide you through this process. The estimated download time is between 15 to 30 minutes.

Please connect your cradle directly into the USB port of your PC before starting the update, and ensure that your SPV is also connected to the power supply throughout the process.

Enjoy!

P

Guest JampoTT

argh.... am just about to leave work and drive home, so cant do this for another 4 hours!! (yes its a long drive!)

oh well, will do it later :)

thanks to all concerned in releasing it!

Guest spacemonkey

Good update, sound quality is much better (if a little quiet at times)

Have to wait and see on battery life.

You don't have to reinstall everything... a lot of apps work fine without a reinstall. Lextionary is one that does need a reinstall.

Copy /storage/windows/start menu to your pc before the update, copy it back after.

All the stuff on your SD Card will be fine

Guest markdotpeters5

Wahay! Downloading now, and will install shortly. Hopefully, it'll make the bluetooth headset I bought yesterday work a bit better :)

spacemonkey, did you lose any messages, calendar appointments etc?

Guest pisquee

If you have SIM unlocked your phone by entering a code then your phone should never re-lock with an update - if your phone was hacked in some way then it may well relock.

Guest mcwarre

Pisquee,

It was unlocked by Florin not Orange (I asked them 3 weeks ago and am still waiting). I'll let someone else 'risk it' (no offence Florin!) first

Guest Rob.P

hehe, busy thread, never seen so many users viewing the same thread :)

Anyone doing the ALL Locations Beta for their backup software? Want to know if I need to do another backup after the update or whether the backup will work that I did recently.

Guest Simon Desser
You don't have to reinstall everything... a lot of apps work fine without a reinstall.  Lextionary is one that does need a reinstall.

Copy /storage/windows/start menu to your pc before the update, copy it back after.

All the stuff on your SD Card will be fine

This is what I always do, and there's very little that doesn't work :)

However, don't forget that any apps that require licence codes to "unlock" them will need the codes putting in again, so make sure you've got your codes to hand.

It's also worth while copying your internal "My Documents" folder and things like "Favourites" folder too, so you can copy them straight back over.

OK, I know you shouldn't put other operators ROM's on your phone, but.... I have an I-Mate Voyager and would love having better battery life, so...

- Anyone know if this will install OK on my device?

- Anyone know if my phone will remain SIM unlocked?

- Anyone know if I can go back to my I-Mate ROM if I have problems?

- Anyone know if this update updates the Radio Stack?

Guest Rob.P

Mr O have noticed that Orange have no proof readers "The SPV E200 software is being erasing" :) only joking thanks for getting us the update in good time, much appreciated compared with the past.

Guest steverae

Update is running as i type this.... 65%......66%......

"Update should take around 5 minutes" My arse..... 69%........

and counting......

Guest zekedk

Hi,

Does anyone know if this UK update will work on a Danish SPV E200, or will i have to wait for a danish update ? (and when will that be released .. anyone ?)

Guest jackofall

initiall update hung big style on canary tri-colour screen :)

run again sucess only it didnt pick up bluetooth hardware so had to hard reset and then it picked up bluetooth hardware

off to reinstall all my software now

Guest markdotpeters5

hmm, i synced my inbox before i upgraded, now i can't see where the messages went! Anyone know? Contacts have sycned across, but messages appear to be awol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.