Application Unlock SPV E200 via Orange Developers Site

Guest ospre

Guest ospre

Just seen the facility at http://www.developers.orange.co.uk/ where you can Application Unlock your phone.

Just wondering if anybody has tried this with an SPV E200 and found any issues with it.

Couple of queries if anybody has tried it

1) Do you need to do a Hard Reset at all?

2) Does it cause any warranty incvalidations etc?

Thanks,

Nick.

Guest kelv23

I think I'm right in saying that the E200 isn't application locked,when you run a 3rd party program it asks if you want to trust the program or words to that effect.I know some people do go through the unlock process though.

You shouldn't have to do a hard reset,if you did it would just reset the phone to the state it left the factory in.

On the warranty I haven't got a clue maybe someone else knows about that.

Guest Baddass

the SPV 200 isnt FULLY unlocked by default, although it gives u warnings, some stuff wont install

u used to be able to either unlock it over the air with orange or with an application, btu now after the update the over the air is the only way that works atm.

i did it on sat after the rom update and it was easy, quick and worked fine........think there are disclaimers on the website about when u can use it and prob some info about warranty, dont think it should invalidate it tho really........

it works fine, and def works on the E200 no problem........

Guest Roland

Ditto on the OTA, though it took it's sweet time getting to me. Besides not being able to install certain reg-locked apps, the phone also doesn't give you access to certain files on the device, i.e. the *.provxml files, etc.

Since I got tired of doing the GUI settings thing I've converted to using xml files and rapiconfig to rebuild...

Guest nickcornaglia

I did unlock my e200 before the update. It's either Orange is blocking requests from the US or there is some sort of problem. I doubt it's something to do with the update.

Guest nickcornaglia

I know that. I'm saying I was able to unlock before the update.

Now that I have updated and the phone was relocked...I am unable to unlock via Orange's site.