Home Screen Editor

Guest ladak

Guest ladak

Sunnysoft Company, producer of several applications for Smartphone is about to release brand new product. This desktop application will enable you to customise your smartphone homescreen.

At the moment there ain't no help file yet and we would like smartphone users to try the application and find out whether the application is worthy or worthless.

You can download 30 day fully functional trial version of Home Screen Editor http://www.sunnysoft.cz/download/HSE.ZIP ( 1.5MB) and try it you yourself. First thirty users who will contact us with comments and new ideas will receive free registration information for the product.

Guest drblow
First thirty users who will contact us with comments and new ideas will receive free registration information for the product.

How do we contact you? Can you provide an email address? I'll just post a few initial comments here anyway!! :shock:

The interface is nice, it's very clearly laid out, and any reasonably experienced skinner should recognise quickly what each function does. However, the app does feel as if it's aimed at beginners and as such needs quite a bit more clarity.

The preview screen is good, very clear graphics (almost clearer than on the phone I think!), however, it didn't seem to load my plugin images??

The major problem I have with it on first impression is that as an e200 user, the app doens tporvide for the Orange e200 plugin (which takes up most of my homescreen!). I'm also using RJtime plugin, & the Oxios tasks plugin, neither of which is available on the app, so from a personal perspective, it would be nice to include ALL available plugins - although I can understand that may be difficult to do.

For configuring the standard plugins however, the app works well, and is simple and clear to use (although again, I think thats because as an experienced skinner I kind of know what top look for & am not sure if a total beginner would be the same).

It IS very good for arranging colour schemes, and the display is very nice & clear. I may well use it for this purpose, as it's nice to see your colours all laid out.

I had to put my own xml files & background images into the 'data' folder to get them to load up properly, which I assume is the correct thing to do??

On the whole, I think this is exactly what beginners need for skinning homescreens. If the preview function could be enhanced to include plugin background images, then it would also serve as an excellent previewing tool. But like I said, the major factor for me currently would be including the e200 orange plugin.

Totally good work tho - and I'm sure this would be a fantastic app for all those who don't want to get into actual coding!! :)

If you want me to go into any more detail, give us an email address & I'll send you some more thoughts! :wink:

Guest nedge2k

This apps looks as though it would have the potential to be very useful. However, for some (and i quote) "unusual" reason, the prog encounters a runtime error when i try and load my favourite skin (LHv2). As this skin was designed for SP2002 and doesnt work correctly on WM2003 i thought this app would help me tweak it but it doesnt seem to like this skin much. I dont know if this is because it's a multiscreen skin but it wont load.

ss.gif

Guest capt_janeway

I'm also finding it doesn't seem to be WYSIWYG - as my home screen doesn't seem to look anything like it does in the app and indeed turns out completely wrong on the phone itself!

I love it as I only want imple homescreens so please do more work on it :wink:

Guest ladak
why on my win98se OS, it's almost always i got a "not responding" remarks?

We've never tested it with Win98. We will try it and will let you know.

Guest capt_janeway

That is cause probably because of HSE supports only default plug-ins.

That's what I'm using - only the plug-ins from the software itself.

Also would be nice if the xml file could be formatted like a paragraph rather than a single line of text - but thats me being lazy because I haven't a clue about xml :roll:

Not a bad little app. adding plugins is very easy, even for someone who has little experience in skinning. the only major gripe is assigning all the colours for the scheme. All the colours start off black so it was really annoying have to change all the colours just to find out which did what. cos i didnt have a clue. perhaps have the default colours as a preset scheme or just highlight which part the selected colour will alter

Guest mwille

So this is going to be shareware ? I am not really impressed yet..

Mostly because SmartGV (maker of excellent stuff as the Xbar skin editor) is working on a very comprehensive Homescreen editor called SmartDesigner.

Here's one of severall screenshots available in the products section of his site http://spv.gavoille.com/ :

smart1.gif

Guest capt_janeway

Fair enough - but this one is here now!

I too use a couple of SmartGV's apps and eagerly await the arrival of the app above, however, don't knock a guy for giving us something to use now eh?

Guest mwille
Fair enough - but this one is here now!

I too use a couple of SmartGV's apps and eagerly await the arrival of the app above, however, don't knock a guy for giving us something to use now eh?

No knocking intended ! :)

Just making sure people are informed about what else is out there or is going to be out there.