Downgrading Orange 1.6

Guest neo_kre8or

Guest neo_kre8or

Currently i have Orange 1.6 OS installed on my Qtek 7070 and it has been fine untill now, i have discovered that it doesnt have all the camera options that the original qtek software (or even the Imate) software has. I have had no problem in the past of changing firmware (ie from qtek to imate) but now there is a problem with my computer just locking up when it trys to put the original qtek software back on.

Is it a Orange Locking problem??

Or is it something else altogether

Thanks

Guest Intrepid

I am experiencing the same "problem". Although my phone functions perfectly well with the 1.6 Orange software, I would like to use the latest Qtek update, however I am unable to downgrade. I hope someone reads this and know a solution :?

Guest Intrepid

Tried that, but it gives me a "Error 104 cannot find rom file" error. After searching it says you need to run the upgrade you where trying to do to begin with, and that works. Only to freeze up after 10% erasing :-(

Guest Intrepid

Seem to have solved it, phone is flashing the most recent Qtek update as we speak. What I did:

Started the Orange 1.6.3.11 NL upgrade (version that was on the phone before I started it). Aborted it and replaced NK.nbf with the one from another Orange upgrade, 1.35 UK I think.

Then I restarted te upgrade running CaUpgradeUt.exe but that gave me the 104 error. Thinking "what the heck" I copied TARUU.exe from the Qtek directory and started the upgrade with that. It erased 100%, programmed 100% and after that, I went directly to the Canary screen and saw I now had bootloader 0.98.

After this, I started the Qtek update, which is running as we speak, 80% erased now.

I will report it if my phone is back to live (say a prayer for me ;-))

Eric.