Fatal Qtek8080 crash!

Guest mimsan69

Guest mimsan69

Hmm... I just experienced a crash when running Micro Cheng MyTools on my Qtek8080. The phone hanged and after some minutes of waiting I decided to remove the battery. The screen then faded out pixel by pixel. After I replaced the battery it wouldn't start at all.

I looked at Micro Chengs homepage and realized a bit too late that the app is for 2002 and I use 2003. But what now? Time to resend the phone to the distributor?

Please help me! Can I somehow reset the phone or something?

Best regards,

Kim, Sweden

Guest mimsan69

No lifesigns from the indicatorlight. I've tried to use both the cradle and the regular charger. I've tried to switch SIM-card. I've tried to remove the SD-card.

Any other ideas?

Guest mimsan69

Yep... I've done that. Probably have to send it back and wait a few days to get it flashed... damn it... well well, that's the best way to learn I've heard... the hard way :D

Thanks for your help. If anyone gets up with another idea of fixing the problem let me know!

Guest squall

sounds like more than just flashing the rom is required - they can only do that if it switches on even if it doesnt boot up. They will prob just send you a replacement.

Guest mimsan69

The strangest thing...

I woke up about 20 minutes ago after several dreams about my phone working... sick huh? :D But when I looked over at the cradle where I left my phone I found it with the indicatorlight bright red. I was thrilled and try to boot it and the red light went black but nothing more happened.

I then put it in the regular charger and the red light appeared again. I tried to boot it without success but the red light was still showing. I then tried Hard Reset and the light went out again, but still nothing on the screen.

A bit odd... what do you ppl think?

Guest mimsan69

More info:

After some minutes in the cradle it's now a solid red indicatorlight. Windows 2000 indicates the unit as disconnected and an icon specifying what unit to mount/dismount appears in the bottom right tray.

Guest xweave

happened to me when install mytools...my qtek8080 just dead! lucky try hard reset many times and back to normal. Should warn the author to remove that "harmful program" if u read the comments it happened to all ms smartphone 2003 users..be warned

Guest mimsan69

Yep... that Micro Cheng application won't get into my future phones :D

Got a new one on DOA today. Will be a bit more careful this time I think...

How about that upgrade? Anyone recommending it?

Guest lonegunman

If that happens again try removeing the battery and pluging the mains charger in and then put the battery back, seems to be a problem on the E200 (had this a few times) and on the XDA 2 as well (strange both made by HTC).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest micro_cheng

Dear All,

I have remove the software from my web site, please note that if you still find the software anywhere from other web site, please don't install that on MS Smartphone 2003, otherwise, you going to crash your phone.

I am sorry about I don't have time to enhance the software from 2002 to 2003, and let you crash your phone, on the other hand I found that the O2 Xphone their customized home screen have all the features that happen in MyTools for MS Smartphone 2002, then why don't use that??

Note: Thanks for people who warning me about this issue.

Micro Cheng