UPGRADED TO SMART ROM 1.7, BUT STILL ACCEPTS GLOBE SIM

Guest chariotz101

Guest chariotz101

greetings dudes!

i have a weird problem with my sap, i recently upgraded my sap to 1.7 rom, but still, it accepts globe sim... just want to know if some experts out there can get the locked status of my phone... its of warranty concern by the way... void daw ang warranty pag nag aaccept ng globe ang sap.

di kaya hardware unlocked na ang sap ko... hehehehe... meron ba nun?

Guest chariotz101

di ko rin alam kung anong rom installer, secondhand ko kc nabili, 6 months ago... pero bago ung unit and naka open line nung bilin ko... tapos pina update ko sa smart center a week ago... updated sya pero nung ilagay ko globe sim ko ok parin sya....

meron pa kaya way para mabalik ang locked status ng phone ko? sayang namn kasi ung replacement ng keypad and cover nya...

Guest Stryper Aquila

@pzee,

i encountered 1 sa "kabila" na openline ang kanyang sap kahit 1.7 na siya, ayon pina locked niya ulit.

@chariotz,

if you upgraded to ROM 1.7.0.13 (please check your SAP ROM Version, go to settings>about>operator) then i suggest you donwgrade first to smart 1.6 then run agen 1.7.0.13 smart installer.

You need: smart 1.6 and smart 1.7.0.13 ROMS.

PS: avoid these instructions if you are in SMART ROM VERSION 1.7.13.0 :cry:

Guest kalinte

it's 1 in a million so why change it? warranty is void if you change rom from standard smart rom. if you're using 1.7 then there's no problem. it would be stupid pag pinalock mo pa sap mo whaen everybody wants their sap to be open lined. it's 1 in a million so why change it? warranty is void if you change rom from standard smart rom. if you're using 1.7 then there's no problem. it would be stupid pag pinalock mo pa sap mo whaen everybody wants their sap to be open lined.

besides, 2nd hand yan diba? as far as i know ang waranty extends only to the first owner.

Guest matanglawin

@chariotz

It's sad but...I would also want my SAP to be sim-locked again because of warranty claims purposes -- the joy stick is becoming more & more difficult to use + softkeys & call keys also have to be replaced.

@all

My SAP runs on ROM 1.3.7.8...is there anyone here who previously had an unlocked SAP w/ this ROM version then upgraded to the latest ROM? Did your SAP revert back to SIM-locked state?

@ kaliente

I know it's not a bright idea to have an "open-line" phone sim-locked again. However, since most of us got the SAP for free (w/ a post-paid plan), it would also be not too wise to spend around Php3K+ just to have the phone repaired, knowing well that one can have it done for free w/ an unexpired warranty.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@matanglawin

vintage rom pa yang gamit mo ha... :D

upgrade mo lang yan to smartrom 1.5 then SPAMlik yan to the 'locked' state.

Gandang umaga...bayan... ;)

Guest kalinte

@matanglawin

dude, you havent upgraded after more than a year? what gives? chariotz rom is 1.7 which is supposed to be locked to smart. so technically wala syang problema sa BP as long as smart sim gamit nya.

Guest matanglawin

@pzee

thanks pre...but would it get locked if i have it upgraded to the newest rom?

@kaliente

it's actually 11 months dude (kaya naghahabol ng warranty...he-he). sabi nga nila, why have it fixed when it's not broken...openline na sya at up to 2 days ang battery life, so di ko na inisip na magpa-upgrade.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@matanglawin

Yep. :D

So bale:

1.3.7.8 -[1]-> 1.5 -[2]-> 1.7.13.0

Sa number 1 pa lang lock na ulit ang unit mo. Mas madali pa i-unlock ulit.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@matanglawin

I'll try to get in touch with Mighty Mar and request him to upload the 1.5 installer sa ftp.

Pwede mo rin cya PM. Baka mamaya ko pa kasi cya makausap dude.

:D

Guest mlkanapi

Hi to all.

I came across a second hand SAP that's using Globe on Smart 1.7 ROM.

It was on a second hand unit bought recently by a friend.

Is it possible that there's really a way to have an unlocked 1.7?

Guest Jassper23
greetings dudes!

i have a weird problem with my sap, i recently upgraded my sap to 1.7 rom, but still, it accepts globe sim... just want to know if some experts out there can get the locked status of my phone... its of warranty concern by the way... void daw ang warranty pag nag aaccept ng globe ang sap.

di kaya hardware unlocked na ang sap ko... hehehehe... meron ba nun?

Wow dalawa na tayo hehehhe kala ko SAP ko lang naka open line using smart 1.7 rom :D mahal kayang mabebenta to? hehehe just kidding

Guest Jassper23
it's 1 in a million so why change it? warranty is void if you change rom from standard smart rom. if you're using 1.7 then there's no problem. it would be stupid pag pinalock mo pa sap mo whaen everybody wants their sap to be open lined. it's 1 in a million so why change it? warranty is void if you change rom from standard smart rom. if you're using 1.7 then there's no problem. it would be stupid pag pinalock mo pa sap mo whaen everybody wants their sap to be open lined.  

besides, 2nd hand yan diba? as far as i know ang waranty extends only to the first owner.

I don't think pwede pang ma lock yan kasi ako nag downgrade and upgrade na ako kahit na 1.5 ng smart di rin na lock sap.... ako nag update pa ng sap ko is smart wireless center for 1.5 rom and sa brightpoint for 1.7.. problem lang sa sap ko ayaw mag update when updating using smart rom.. pero no problem with 1.3.7 rom ng smart

Guest ianesq

Greetings!

na encounter ko na rin 'tong 'phenomenon' na to. sa customer ko ang unit na yun. sabi nya, nabili nya ang unit sa kaibigan nya na may kaibigan na supplier ng SAP. binenta ang unit na di pa nakarating sa smart kaya wala pa na lock (ganun pala yun?). anyway, i've been waiting for the customer to return 'coz was also planning to get one too.

br

Guest chariotz101

mukang wala nga yata pag asa malock to... sacrifice nalang cguro ako ng 1800 sa brtpoint to rplace my housing... kakahinayang talaga.....

Guest Stryper Aquila
mukang wala nga yata pag asa malock to... sacrifice nalang cguro ako ng 1800 sa brtpoint to rplace my housing... kakahinayang talaga.....

Just try yong sinabi ko sa unang reply ko, YOU NEED smart 1.6 and smart 1.7 for you to lock that again.

Downgrade first to smart 1.6 from your current ROM now then flash again smart 1.7 then try again.

I already encountered it with a friend, ayon UNLOCKED na ulit sa SMART ang kanyang phone :wink:

Again just dont follow what i said if your current version is 1.7.13.0 :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mlkanapi

I had a chance to do a Hard Reset on one of these unique phones and the bootloader was 0.97. Maybe that's why it was still possible to enter the unlock code.

Guest nexlevel

hELLO people! Is there anyone that's willing to trade/sell their SAP (unlocked) or at least help me unlock my SAP (1.7 ROM) for a fee?! PLEASE HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Johanne

[email protected]

Wow dalawa na tayo hehehhe kala ko SAP ko lang naka open line using smart 1.7 rom :) mahal kayang mabebenta to? hehehe just kidding