Pong Game

Guest ChrisJM

Guest ChrisJM

Hi!

I have just started coding a Pong game using .net, its not much yet! im only just learning .net!

It hasn't even got a ball yet! all it has is a bar at the bottom which you can move left and right and i have made it full screen. The left soft key is to quit...

I will keep you upto date! please post comments, i will have an alpha (which will have a bakk!) within a week :D

Heres a screenshot:

screenie.gif

Guest ChrisJM

hehe, thanks! i have some graphics now, made by Davidrm :D i will update WITH the gfx asap and add a ball tomorrow :lol: hopefully an alpha version tomorrow ;)

Guest ChrisJM

Just thought id keep you updated!

It is now called Smartbat. LifeStream id doing gfx, It has a ball and all gfx working! not long before alpha.. :D lsomething to look forward too.

Guest ChrisJM

oh, yea! but thats got two "t"s!

Thanks Richie! yours rocks but its just i need to get used to .net so i thought it would be quite easy so i thought id let people see it and have a go :D

;):D:D

Guest Richie M

ChrisJM, if you remember thats basically how my Pong came about - muff and Croccy22 challenged me to make it :D the best way to learn is to try things (and remember manuals/documents and Google are your friends ;))

Guest peekie

my god chris the game looks fab think old grandad mid has got to look out for you the graffics rock wheres my visa card :wink: :wink: :wink:

• 2 months later...
Guest Chimpanzee

I have an E200 and would like to test it. Get back to me asap.

And you're 12!?!?! I'm 18 and severely struggling with VB

• 5 months later...
Guest ChrisJM

Hi,

I know i said it would be done soon, but i haven't been coding for ages. also i lost the code (somehow!) so here i go again. Im gonna write the program from scratch. So i will keep you up to date! will need beta testers in the news week or two.

Guest ultimasnake

Hey chris good luck, if i can give you some advise (not sure if you know this) but don't use objects like images to do the real graphics try making a backbuffer... assuming you are coding in vb.net (damn can't find any good vb.net code with backbuffers on my computer) well here is a plain C# example then (it's loads and loads faster then vb.net, i tell that from experience with both languages)

private Bitmap gamearea = null;

private Graphics gamedraw = null;

private Bitmap backBuffer = null ;  

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{  

gamearea = new Bitmap(156,169);

gamedraw = Graphics.FromImage(gamearea);

}

private void frmgame_Paint(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e)

{

if(backBuffer==null)  

{

backBuffer=new Bitmap(this.ClientSize.Width,this.ClientSize.Height);  

}

using ( Graphics g=Graphics.FromImage(backBuffer) )  

{

g.Clear(System.Drawing.Color.Silver);

gamedraw.DrawImage(raster.Image,0,0);

e.Graphics.DrawImage(backBuffer,0,0);  

}

}

i think that is it :roll:

if you have ANY questions don't be afraid to ask me :) (think pm will be most proper or IM)

• 2 weeks later...