BETA PLAYER, new player, BEST Player

Guest xavierjohn22

Guest lesane

Well it works on my SPV E200...and it's nice..

still secretly hoping for future support of Divx audio.

My movies are 50mb, 4mb video.. 46mb audio... that's because i want stereo and 44khz. :D

Guest picard_beta

hi everybody

I've added the code from http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=61676>PocketMVP for the backlight
first of all you did a great job with the pocketmvp smartphone port, that port give me the idea to have smartphone support in betaplayer (i don't have a smartphone). could you show me the backlight fix code so i can add this to the official release?

still secretly hoping for future support of Divx audio

i will check out, but i heard only about floating point open-source versions (no fpu on pda). it would be hard to convert.

One thing that I have noticed between Beta1 and Beta2 was that the first version always resumed to the last point of play now it always goes back to the start :?
sorry about that, this is a bug introduced in 0.02, i didn't had enough time for testing. in the next release it will be fixed.

any chance of fixing the other settings, mp3 playlist/skip buttons etc...

playlist is coming soon...

bye, Picard

Guest Lifestream
hi everybody

first of all you did a great job with the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=61676>PocketMVP smartphone port, that port give me the idea to have smartphone support in betaplayer (i don't have a smartphone). could you show me the backlight fix code so i can add this to the official release?

i will check out, but i heard only about floating point open-source versions (no fpu on pda). it would be hard to convert.

sorry about that, this is a bug introduced in 0.02, i didn't had enough time for testing. in the next release it will be fixed.

playlist is coming soon...

bye, Picard

How about the ability to play mpeg files as pocket mvp already had that?

Guest picard_beta
How about the ability to play mpeg files as pocket mvp already had that?

i'am planing it, but i have to write my own decoder, because i'am not allowed and can't use pocketmvp's mpeg codec. i don't have the source, that plugin is not open-source. (probably this is not consistent with pmvp's gpl license...)

Guest hawpunch

picard_beta,

great work on this program. i use it exclusively over pocketmvp. looking forward to future features.

jae park

Guest malloc
hi everybody

first of all you did a great job with the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=61676>PocketMVP smartphone port, that port give me the idea to have smartphone support in betaplayer (i don't have a smartphone). could you show me the backlight fix code so i can add this to the official release?

Great, I'll send you the code tonight :D

Very good job !! your player is working so well on smartphone ;)

malloc

Guest serialkillazzs

i think ricard and dave should be sent a complementary spv e200 from all of us at modaco for there work on beta player and megadrive player to date, these guys have breathed new life into the whole windows mobile smartphone range. long live windows mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!

paypal donations would be a thought how about it guys its only fair for gems of programs we are previlaged to have.

Guest steverae
i think ricard and dave should be sent a complementary spv e200 from all of us at modaco for there work on beta player and megadrive player to date, these guys have breathed new life into the whole windows mobile smartphone range. long live windows mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!  

paypal donations would be a thought how about it guys its only fair for gems of programs we are previlaged to have.

I quite agree, making small donations via paypal etc to the developers of these open source gems would help to make em better.....

picard_beta - Any chance of encorparating the windows media skin from malloc's pocket_mvp, this was really nice, i know malloc didn;t create this, respect goes to the one who did, it would just add to the overall complete-ness of the program.

Keep up the good work.....

PPS, What are the odds of a MAME port in the future.

Guest xavierjohn22

Oh my oh my!

Ideas are flooding and developments are fast, many thanks for all the supporters and to picard of course.

Hmmm,, a skin would be nice and i'll be ready to make one too if that happens.

Guest picard_beta
Great, I'll send you the code tonight :D

somehow i'am not allowed to see my private messages (it sais "Not Authorised"), please send it via email to picard[at]demoscene[dot]hu

thanks

Guest nickcornaglia

somehow i'am not allowed to see my private messages (it sais "Not Authorised"), please send it via email to picard[at]demoscene[dot]hu

thanks

Sorry...because of spammers, no PMs until you reach 10 posts. (Please do not post crap to get to 10).

BetaPlayer is great! Do you think it could ever support MPEGs?

Guest picard_beta
Do you think it could ever support MPEGs?

yes. i'am planing to add mpeg1 and mjpeg video codecs (hopefully in the near future)

Guest xavierjohn22

My first triéd vidéö wäs thé öné in picard sité.

Its a matrix tRAilér.

Thén im using virtuäl dub nöw tö encödé my öwn.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Skilty
My first triéd vidéö wäs thé öné in picard sité.

Its a matrix tRAilér.

Thén im using virtuäl dub nöw tö encödé my öwn.

xavierjohn22 - what settings are you using for virtua dub - are you using eastmans settings from this site?

Could you let us know the settings you used for the Matrix Trailer??

Guest xavierjohn22
xavierjohn22 - what settings are you using for virtua dub - are you using eastmans settings from this site?  

Could you let us know the settings you used for the Matrix Trailer??

Yep i'm using eatsmans' just toy around with it to get the best quality,

About matrix, picard may have post it somewhere in his site.

Guest nikjensie

I love the program! Very well done! ...and now for the critique... :)

* After exiting the program Xbar stops working....

* ...of course, the backlight.

Backlight for me being top priority and xBar whenever, just thought I'd let you know...

Is there a manual-type thingy that explains the settings somewhere?

Keep up the good work!

Nik

Guest xavierjohn22

My xbar's finé héré.

Backlight pröblém önly.

My xbar is in NÖDaemön möde, that might hélp, ör mäybe nöt. Whats ur xbar's cönfig.

Guest djfuego

Anyone know what versions of the codecs the player is compatible with?

Like Xvid and Divx

I have to say I'll be uninstalling MVP after using this player..

No more lag :) this is a good player.