1GB SD Card in E200 - Yes it works!

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

I know we're told that our Smartphones will work with 1GB SD cards, but has anyone ACTUALLY used one :?:

I've found a place locally who has them in stock, but they won't take it back if it doesn't work :?

EDIT - Just got one - it works :D

Guest Rob.P

Will they let you demo one, like take your phone in and pop a card in to see if it is recognised and then check it through SmartExplorer or something. If they are not too happy about it you could always convince them that you would then recommend on the site or something, plus they'd be one of the first retail outlets that would be able to confirm the compatibility with the E200, play on the Marketing opportunity they could get out of it, if they don't agree with that they deserve to fail in their business.

Guest awarner [MVP]

:D only 1GB and not 3GB ;)

Seriously the only problem is if the card is dual layer which the E200 cannot handle.

Do you know what make it is?

Guest Zimbu

If you ask them if it will work with your phone, and they say yes, you will have the right to take it back as it does not 'fulfil the purpose it was designed for'. Trading standards that. If it doesn't work and they refuse to refund you when you take it back, hock it on E-bay :D

Guest Simon Desser

OK, I just got one, and it works 8)

It's a SanDisk 1.0GB SD card, and it was £157.44 + VAT

My E200 can now be a "serious" mp3 player :D (as long as I'm never far from a mains socket :? )

As you can see on this screenshot, almost a thousand meg of free space 8)

1Gb card in E200.gif

Guest A.Hughes

Wow!!!!!!!!!! lot of dosh but the possibilities,,,,you could get 7 albums or more in mp3 and still have over 300 meg to play around with.......off to snoop for deals,,,,,were there is one there is always another!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Guest Pondrew

Great news.

But Motorola's decision to go with the mini-sd is going to make sure I don't get a bigger sd card anytime soon.

Hope mini-sd is all it's cracked up to be.

On a side point, I was talking to a couple of mates recently who've both got P900s. The first one I spoke to claimed there was no size limitation with the memory sticks the P900 can take ( :roll: ). The second was more realistic although when I mentioned I was thinking of getting a 512meg sd he says thats crazy and how could I possibly use it all! Sounds like someone doesn't understand the capabilities of a true Smartphone! :twisted:

Guest Coucou

On the other hand it could be that he doesn't need that much space because Symbian programs are much smaller than microsoft programs! Although for MP3's and stuff they'd be the same, obviously.

Guest Simon Desser
On a side point, I was talking to a couple of mates recently who've both got P900s. The first one I spoke to claimed there was no size limitation with the memory sticks the P900 can take ( :roll: ). The second was more realistic although when I mentioned I was thinking of getting a 512meg sd he says thats crazy and how could I possibly use it all! Sounds like someone doesn't understand the capabilities of a true Smartphone!  :twisted:

Your mates are wrong I'm afraid, the biggest downside to the P900, is that it will only take cards up to 128Mb :roll:

They make larger cards than that, but they are Memory Stick Duo PRO and the P900 doesn't support them :D

Guest Pondrew

Thought as much but now I can explain it to him. Cheers Simon.

I understand what you're saying Coucou, but I was talking to a mate using Pocket Scumm (or the Symbian equivalent) on his P900 (he was playing Monkey Island vga disk version at 4meg) and he was shocked when he heard the Beneath A Steel Sky CD Rom game I'm playing at the moment took up 70meg storage. No way would 128meg be enough even if JUST for mp3s, videos, and files/roms.

Guest idavid

yeah, spose so, but i reckon every person, if asked, would rather have the exra ten cubed millimetres extra size than have to shell out to replace their sd cards...

Guest Xavier

actually the p900 comment is just plain wrong...

both devices can use duo, at up to 256mb, which is actually two 128mb devices, swapped between with a small switch...

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pondrew
actually the p900 comment is just plain wrong...

both devices can use duo, at up to 256mb, which is actually two 128mb devices, swapped between with a small switch...

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Ok, now I'm getting really confused. I've heard from lots of people (one of whom was a P800 owner) that it can't handle above 128meg memory card. Pagemakers, you had a P900 didn't you? Or anyone else? What's the maximum size of memory card that can be taken by the P900?