Smartphone App/Game, You Decide!

Guest Brody

Guest blewer

How about an answer phone that stores messages on the phone. So you have different messages for different people (work, friends etc...)

Guest blewer
blewer, i'm sure that exists somewhere as i think i posted that in my days as a newshound on MoDaCo :lol:

Really? How the hell have I missed that. Search Search Search for me :)

Cheers Brody

Guest sparking247

How about voice recognition for texting, which is sooooo tedious typing it wouldnt it be great if you had a voice recognition app that did it for you.

Guest Lifestream
blewer, i'm sure that exists somewhere as i think i posted that in my days as a newshound on MoDaCo :)

Nope, not a single app that can acually do that....been on the hunt for one in over a year now...

Guest mattscholey

Still in desperate need of a decent MP3 player. It's such a hastle putting it on, that it's rarely worth using the software I have.

Anyone want to make a better one?

Matt

Guest Lifestream
Still in desperate need of a decent MP3 player.  It's such a hastle putting it on, that it's rarely worth using the software I have.

Anyone want to make a better one?

Matt

What are you missing???

Guest blewer
Nope, not a single app that can acually do that....been on the hunt for one in over a year now...

Thank god for that.

Thought I was going mad :)

Guest mattscholey
What are you missing???
As I said earlier in this topic:

What MS Smartphone really needs is a decent music player. I don't know if thats too much for 3 months, but it's really needed (and I'd pay). I'd want something as easy to use as my iPod. No need to create playlists in notepad - it arranges albums and artists automatically. And support for a space-efficient format such as OGG or WMA (you could even try to get it to do the WMA playing bit in windows media, and the navigation and user-interface in your program). And the ability to select the next track whilst one is still playing.  

Simple Tunes could have been this, but it only supports MP3, which means half the music on your SD must go.  

And your program shouldn't have the ipod interface. It's not designed for a phone with buttons, and so isn't appropraite for it.

And one that doesn't stutter.

Matt

Guest Brody

Hmm, i'm really undecided, i think i'd rather write an app for the phone itself which means that its between the alarm and the MP3/Audio Player... I have to hand in my proposal tomorrow so any last minute persuasion?!

Guest Disco Stu
My vote goes to the Desktop http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen designer unless you fancy taking on the 'One Click' font installer  :idea:

Perhaps a desktop app to rewrite the registry and load new fonts ?

Think of all the crap you'll have to put up with when your MP3 player / alarm clock doesn't work properly. Others have tried and failed.

Why not try something radically different ?

Pretty please... :wink: :)

Guest Vector

I'm still hoping for the homescreen designer for the desktop......

Think of all the people who don't know xml and want to make a homescreen, you will make alot of people happy :)

Guest Disco Stu

If you pull your finger out Brody, you could get them all done :wink: :)

You could be Mister Smartphone Developer, the Big Cheese, the Head Honcho, El Numero Uno, etc ad nauseum... 8)

Guest Brody

Ultimately, if no-one else does them first then thats the plan! I am just deciding on which to use for my Masters project...

And my decision is... Drum roll please...

The alarm program!

Basically I will be developing (well i've already started) an alarm program that offers multiple alarms for each day of the week and a variable snooze time as well. Once thats done i'll go from there!

Ps. Its going to be written in C# so its Windows Mobile 2003 only but before you Smartphone 2002 owners get angry remember that you should have upgraded to a 2003 device by the time I release this anyway, if you haven't then why not!? :)

Guest squall

and as a side not how about a sd card app that autoloads a menu system that lists say a folder with shortcuts in it, so you can insert the sd card then quickly run any app on the card from the quick boot menu?

Guest Brody

Surreal Start kinda does this already, it puts any exe files u have in your Storage CardStart Menu into your start menu automatically.