An Orange SPV C500 ??

Guest Sonicr360

Guest Sonicr360

Everyone

I was talking to my Orange Tech Support, who let slip about a SPV C500 - Replacement to the E200 - He went to give me details, but then got told they were not for public release!

This was news to me - Does anyone else know of this or is it possible the guy was mistaken?

Simon

Guest zeta101

ive not heard of anything official or even rumours, however its not unlikely either, cos HTC (the people who make the spv range) havent announced anything for a while now, motorola for example have the mpx100 and possibly the mpx220 in the pipeline while all is quiet on the HTC front (but they have to be up to something lol). If it is true and not just a mistake i wonder what the C stands for, cos originally the E in the E100 and then E200 stood for evolution.

Guest Sonicr360

Hi

I am literally going on by the Tech Guy, after I was trying to get my SPV to work with the IPAQ. I was going to go the E200 route for 7 day trial, when he told me about the latest phone coming in July and advised that I should hold fire for now on!

But, we will have to wait and see what comes of this.....

Simon

Guest Pondrew

There have been noises for a while about the next HTC phone going by names such as SPV E300 or SPV C500. It's more then likely going to be the model shown on Modaco a few months back. Effectively it'll be an E200 in a Canary like case but hopefully with quite a few improvements/updates.

Guest Vector
But the e200 case is soooo much better than the canary case...

Yeh, i agree, i'm not too keen on this new phone...(also being released as the qtek 8060 i think...)

The E200 case is so much smoother and the keys are much better :)

Guest Pondrew

I won't judge it until I see it in the flesh because I like both my original SPV and my E200 cases but for different reasons. The original SPV IS a smaller phone and I'd have to say I prefer the directional pad and selector. Having said that, the E200 does have nicer lines and, I'd say, better build.

Guest goinnuts

that was the first name given to the e200, which looked like an e100 in red. then the e200 was launched.

the only phones with a "c" in front that o are releasing are seimens.

Guest Pondrew

Yes, must say most of the rumours I've heard have named the SPV E300 rather then C500. Either way, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a followup to the E200.

Guest paulosman
that was the first name given to the e200, which looked like an e100 in red. then the e200 was launched.

the only phones with a "c" in front that o are releasing are seimens.

Thats not entirely accurate, Samsung use the letter C on models. I recently took a Samsung C100 back to Argos due it it being a terrible little phone. Was fine for a month but had so many bugs it was unreal. I used the money I got back from that to purchase a nifty E100 :)

Guest martin

I've just seen a picture of the SPV C500 on the Orange intranet site and it looks nothing like the E200 :wink:

Not much specs to go by but it looks like the C500 will be a very nice addition to the the smartphone range. Expected July

Guest beersoft

Martin

please give us some details :)

whats it look like (E200 style or SPV or a bit of both or all new?

is it going to be 2k3SE?

any idea's what the hardware is like (omap2 what speed? how much ram? what type of cam does it have?)

and who do i have to bribe to test one of those lovely's???

we can do vague so don't go breaking any NDA's :lol:

later

Owen

"Just waiting for the sound beating he should get for asking so many stupid questions"

Guest Vector

Lets hope HTC have learned from their mistakes (there are quite a few :lol:) and

really worked hard to get this phone right if it is real, I think if they don't improve then

Motorola will just brush them aside, HTC will want to compete with the new Moto's :)

Guest martin
please give us some details  

whats it look like (E200 style or SPV or a bit of both or all new?  

is it going to be 2k3SE?  

any idea's what the hardware is like (omap2 what speed? how much ram? what type of cam does it have?)  

and who do i have to bribe to test one of those lovely's???

It's looks to be a completely new design and it would compared alongside the MPX100 and Sagem S-7 rather than the SPV E200.

There isn't much information yet as the profile (including technical specs) has not been made available . We only a have picture and few words posted up. Also something about the phone picture doesn't seem quite right so I guess it's a temporary posting. Hopefully we will have full update very soon :)

Guest Vector

It's looks to be a completely new design and it would compared alongside the MPX100 and Sagem S-7 rather than the SPV E200.

Not much information yet as the profile (including technical specs) hasn't been made available. We only a have picture and few words posted up :lol: Also something about the phone picture doesn't seem quite right so I guess it's a temporary posting. Hopefully we will have full update very soon.

sounds good :)

Let's hope the specs match or even beat that of MPx100 :lol: