WARNING TO UK USERS WHICH HAVE 1.07.02 BOOTLOADER!!!

Guest florin_m

Guest florin_m

During some test we discovered a BIG mistake by ORANGE!

Some users receive their phones with a newer firmware that the one posted on orange web site. If you try to "upgrade" (better say downgrade)

the software it will write a byte in firmware, forcing phone to go to bootloader so the upgrade it will proceed. Because the Orange UK upgrade is old it will not have the correct password to continue the upgrade so phone will stay always in bootloader!!!!

If you already did this and your phone is buggered www.imei-check.co.uk supply the solution. Download the attachment and follow the instructions from the READ.ME inside the zip.

Have fun!

fixed.zip

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi there, I have recently upgraded and I have that version bootloader but I was considering running this rom update Qtek 1.7.10.4 ROM

How would I apply this fix for the update or would you not recommend the update??

Guest Vector

I wouldn't reccomend applying other operators and manufacturers ROM's to and Orange E200

because it leads to problems with GPRS settings and can cause problems when trying to apply

another orange update....and the Orange ROM is newer than the qtek one anyway... :?

Guest shadamehr

Er, just a quick query...

If the ROM version on new E200's is NEWER than the Orange Upgrade, does this mean that we can expect a NEW Upgrade soon?

I'm surprised loads of people haven't asked this obvious question yet.

Or did I just miss it?

Guest beerguzzler8518

Hi, my first post and its a big thanks to Florin.

Foolishly I did the upgrade and had the lock out :oops: . The fix works a treat. :lol:

Surely Orange could put a warning on the download page of 'If you purchased your phone after such a date don't upgrade' :roll:

Anyways. thanks again :)

:) :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :( :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou so much for this fix. I have had a horrible afternoon trying again and again to get the app to work.

Yup, didn't realise I had the latest version anyway, so blindly 'upgraded' and then got sent round the houses by O data dept.

Only being on narrowband is a pi$$er when you're told to download the 15MB file again because you've got a corrupt copy, feasable but annoying, especially when that doesn't work either.

Then I was told that that one was probably corrupt as well and to get a copy off the microsoft site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I searched and I searched (slowly of course @ 56k)

Should have come here first huh.

Anyway

Back up and running, looking forward to a beer and showing off my new phone.

Again many thanks for providing the correct info

Guest Jay247

I'm with shadamehr--

what's this new Rom I'm hearing about? We knew that the Swiss 2.6.5.3 is out (which I havent' been able to flash on my phone actually), and now there's a new UK one being pre-installed? What's the firmware number? If anyone's got it, please let us know! Maybe we can expect a new upgrade soon then, who knows?!

Guest hardcore

talking about the swiss 2.6.5.3 rom upgrade... if you're thinking about going for it... HOLD YOUR HORSES!

i was using the Qtek ROM 1.7.10.4 and decided to try out the swiss orange 2.6.5.3 rom.

however, the swiss orange rom has an older version of windows than the qtek rom. but it has the dreaded 1.07.02 bootloader! so after some tinkering, i managed to get the phone to flash back the qtek rom and all is well again.

just a warning...

strangely i had no problems going from the qtek to the orange rom. my phone itself is an o2 xphone.

Guest Jay247

Thanks, hardcore!

I've read good things about the Qtek Rom in some of your other posts, and I might give that one a go on my E200. Sounds the most promising to me so far.

Guest tomcamra

Alalulah!!!! I love you, i though this would be one of them,

"oh Sh*t, we messed up, ill send you a new phone" - Orange

But it doesn't have to be.

ORANGE should put a Warning!!! on there site.

Cheers florin

Guest gpspassion

Being stuck with Qtek 1.7 ROM with newer versions (1.9 notably) saying I have the wrong phone (I think the 1.7 turned phones into the 8060 from the updater perspective anyway)...sure enough fixed.exe takes me to the screen where I'm told the upgrade is going to take place, but alas it stays stuck at 0%...and stops after a while. I don't think I've seen anyone mention this problem before, so maybe I've got a corrupt bootloader or something :-( Any help appreciated!

Guest gpspassion

Nothing since my last tries...At least it would tend to indicate that it's not a physical problem with my E200 unless we have he same one ;-)

Guest fauno

Just done. I actually can't say a full procedure because I've done a lot of combinations....

Las one has been try to install the Orange switzerland upgrade with fixed.exe. First time I get Invalid Image 117, but without disconnecting the phone from the USB I've launched it again and finally I've my E200 back again.

Guest t3dluke

Which ROM did you have on before, I have the qtek 1.9.14.1 with the 1.07.01 bootloader and can't change it to anything now. My phones buggered cause it got halfway through changing it one time then stopped!

Guest alexb

I had the same problem. Bootloader 1.07.01 doc and ANY upgrade stuck at 0%.

the only way to fix it was to send for a repair in the assistance centre.

I received the phone yesterday and they have reinstalled the 1.05 bootloader and the qtek 1.7.14

I'll never put the qtek 1.9 again.....

Guest gpspassion

Bootloader is a good candidate for being the problem here, however the "canary' menu tells me mine is 1.05...and I do get stuck at 0%

Guest t3dluke

Come on florin, we need a fix for the qtek rom too. I take it you used a HEX editor, i tried myself but couldnt get it to work.

Guest krisbutler

Florin,

Thanks a lot mate.

You fixed my phone!!!

I would have posted a blog pic of my face when my updated failed, but the phone wiped itself!

Bloody Orange!!

• 2 weeks later...