Build Number: 0
Platform ID: 3
CSD Version:

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
That's really annoying, I was hoping there'd be a difference so I can easily tell which *.udb is in use, ah well I'm sure if I figure out the T9AW.UDB format it'll be easy to implement :)

After spending a small fortune on text messages to myself I'm rewriting the Priority handling code (again) as the value can go lower than I expected (not to mention some odd values turned up), I have a sneaking suspicion on what the mst9.udb implementation is doing and how words drop out of the user dictionary.
Anyway, it also means rewriting part of the saving routine so expect a new version late next week, in the mean time I would stick to setting priority levels of around 3-4 as the lowest rather than 1 (Reset Priority (All) will set all words priority to 4 in v1.1) :lol:

Ainvar

Ainvar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Here is my version info also.

OS Ver Info Size: 276
Major: 4
Minor: 20
CSD Version:

When I try to load the file from my phone it is still hanging and all it says at the bottom of the app is "Receiving Smartphone Dictionary...". I am not able to find the t9 dictionary file on my phone either.

dreamweavel

dreamweavel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Cheers Gothi - great app :lol:

Interestingly I've got a ROM-upgraded SPV E200 which still uses the mst9.udb...

OS Ver Info Size: 276
Major: 4
Minor: 20
CSD Version:

I've had no problems at all :)

E200
C500
M2000
M5000
M3100
TyTNII

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Thanks, I finished off v1.2 last night, it's mainly changes to the way the priority is calculated, I'm a bit reluctant to release it, however will probably do it tonight :)

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
v1.2 available for download in the first post

Changelog:
[list]

[*] Priority calculation changed again, hopefully this is a happy medium.

[*] New check added when saving, if Priority checksum is greater than FFFF msT9 Ed attempts to apply a fix

[*] Misc fixes on unimportant display functions

[*] Help File updated with a new section (Saving a 'T9 input destroyed' dictionary)

[*] Now able to open a dictionary by dropping it onto the application.
[list]

I'm glad I didn't release 1.2 when I finished it, I was able to catch two bugs I'd introduced with the new checking routine.

I'll now start looking at the other .udb files and seeing what I can make of them :)

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650
This is excellent work mate. Thanks :)
Posted from my SmartPhone!

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
When I launch the program it opens half off the right hand side of the screen. Can that be fixed?

Attached Files

• Attached File  t9.gif   14.9KB   368 downloads

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
I get this error when I try to save, either to the PC or the phone:

Also is there anyway to change to priority of words that are in the phone's dictionary (not user). Changing "if" to say "if" instead of "he"?

Win XP

Attached Files

• Attached File  t92.gif   7.52KB   338 downloads

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I'll look into the positioning, I'm not sure why it's starting like that for you as I set it to appear in the middle of the desktop so I've no idea what's happening. I'll see about sorting something out for you though :)

Alas you cannot affect inbuilt words, I guess you could try adding one and raising it's priority but I think I tried that and it didn't work.

As for that range check error, can you send me the dictionary you were using or anything else that may help me track it down (for example number of words and length of the longest), I haven't seen that error in a long time and thought I'd got rid of it.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

I'll look into the positioning, I'm not sure why it's starting like that for you as I set it to appear in the middle of the desktop so I've no idea what's happening. I'll see about sorting something out for you though :)

Alas you cannot affect inbuilt words, I guess you could try adding one and raising it's priority but I think I tried that and it didn't work.

As for that range check error, can you send me the dictionary you were using or anything else that may help me track it down (for example number of words and length of the longest), I haven't seen that error in a long time and thought I'd got rid of it.

Like you said it does not work with the inbuilt words. I already tried that.

If I create a new dictionary it works OK. But if I open my existing dictionary (which has been edited with stevekay's T9 Editor. I can not save. It has 107 words and nothing too long. Some are phone numbers though.

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I think I'm able to replicate the error you are experiencing and will start looking into it immediately (which unfortuantly also means AWT9.UDB research is on hold)

I've also altered the default position so when 1.3 is released it should clear that problem up for you too :)

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
Thanks for you fast response.

I look forward to 1.3

Posted from my SmartPhone!

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Ok, this error is caused by an overflow of the main checksum variable, I'm interested as to whether your dictionary actually works on the smartphone and what it's checksum value is (it should be a max of FFFF, the error is generated because during calculation it's going higher)
However msT9 Ed does err on the side of caution with priority values so Steves tool and indeed the T9 Input software may have given you a few more words before erroring.

What I'm thinking of doing is similar to the Priority checksum fix where I'll reduce the priority of the highest items until the main checksum is within it's limit.

I'll have a think about the best course of action and see if there's an alternative solution :)

Ainvar

Ainvar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Anyword on why it still hangs when pulling the t9 wordlist from the phone?

I have a SPV e200 i-mate smartphone 2.
I am running the latest rom and this is not an orange branded phone.

I looked in the locations where you said the t9 dictionary would be and I dont have it there or a udb file anywhere that I could see.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Ok, this error is caused by an overflow of the main checksum variable, I'm interested as to whether your dictionary actually works on the smartphone and what it's checksum value is (it should be a max of FFFF, the error is generated because during calculation it's going higher)
However msT9 Ed does err on the side of caution with priority values so Steves tool and indeed the T9 Input software may have given you a few more words before erroring.

What I'm thinking of doing is similar to the Priority checksum fix where I'll reduce the priority of the highest items until the main checksum is within it's limit.

I'll have a think about the best course of action and see if there's an alternative solution :)

Yes the dictionary works perfectly.

Not sure where I get the checksum error from.

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Ainvar, I'm not sure where you're T9 user DB could be, is there a possability it uses a different format? Look around obvious places and try opening a few files in a hex editor (after copying them to your PC), you'll easily spot which is a word list

Pagemakers, msT9 ED plays it 'safe' with priority values (It was a compromise due to letting anyone edit them instead of only the T9 Input software). Alas this method has meant the file checksum limit has been reached and exceeded on your dictionary, Steves SP T9 Editor doesn't alter existing priority values meaning they can go as low as 1 (that's 1 decimal, msT9 Ed goes as low as 24 decimal, due to losing a few dictionaries because of low values I decided to play it safe and round up).
A 'quick fix' is to either remove a word or two and/or drop a few priority values, however I will be addressing this issue very shortly :)

Uh_Andy

Uh_Andy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Works great on the Samsung I600 - Thanks!!!

Jasonkruys

Jasonkruys

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Devices:M5000
One of the versions released set the priorites of all the words to 4 or something when you opened a dictionary, this cured the T9 dictionary dissapearing a little. But the latest (v1.2) doesn't and when I open my dictionary, they are all set to 1. If I save it to the phone, it almost seems that once I have typed a single sms, all the words dissapear again :)

Motorola Tristar > Nokia 8210 > Nokia 8310 > SPV > SPV E100 > C500 > M5000 > Diamond/Victor > Leo/HD2

gothi

gothi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
The priority calculation changed in v1.1, a 4 in 1.1 is the same as a 1 in 1.0 and 1.2 though I'll take a look at the dissapearing issue whilst working on the new checksum calculation routine :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users