New Tweak: Backlight Profiles

Guest midnight

Guest Toyota-F1.com

I'm actually talking about the screen, not the backlight, I don't think you understood what I was saying.

I posted what I said because it sounded like midnight wasn't aware of that feature.

The feature where the SCREEN can stay on, but the LIGHT switches totally off.

Guest midnight

err, i am aware of it, just wasnt aware of it in May this year (hence the reason i edited my first post) ^_^

oh, and the c500 doesnt have a screensaver mode, just so everyone knows

Guest scott_donald
I cut and pasted these profiles into my mpx200 and now I cant set any profiles! Any changes I make are not saved so my phone is stuck in a normal profile. How can I restore the old profiles or fix this problem?    Posted from my SmartPhone!

thats what i am getting but why does it not work... any way around it...

Guest scott2eyes

I've just found that my MPx200 has exactly the same problem- can't edit or change profiles anymore!

Does anyone have the default Normal.profile.xml file so that I can replace it? (Otherwise my phone is stuck on silent! :cry: )

Guest wookieloou

My SMT5600 SP2K3SE won't even let me place the .xml files into StorageApplication DataProfiles

"Make sure your device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only, and that you have permission to copy this file type"

It has sufficient memory and I have permission to copy other files or these files to another location. Anyone with same setup shed light on this?

Guest NIGHTMARE

Midnight - i have a c500 have used the profiles, they do on no problem and i can see the new options within settings. starngly i can only edit them after two attempts, the first time i always get a error, this is not the main problem i have.

basically i cannot change profiles after installing them, have played about abit and cant work out a solution, found i had to deleate them to chage between profiles again.

can you shed any light on the situaltion?? any solutions??

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to copy the xml files to my SPV200 I get an error screen saying

- Does your phone has enough free space - it has

- Or is the file you want to copy set to read only - No it is not

- Or do you have authority to copy this kind of file - I most certainly think so I have no problems when I copy homescreen XML fles.

One thing though on my phone I cannot find the original profile xml files. Would they been hidden?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Personally I do not think that my phone is locked for I have tried quite a lot of software sofar and never had any problems installing

• 1 month later...
Guest diskmemo

Hi,

i have also problems to use custom profile on my sda.

The problem was, the profile xml files need the system und hidden attribute. otherwise they dont work

greeting

• 2 weeks later...

@midnight

At the alarm script in your xml what are "f","m","t" and "c" for?

@everybody who's phone stuck on one profile after copying the xmls

I've made some changes to my profiles as well and found that it's essential that after copying or editing the profile xml's you check and reset if needed the "hidden" and "system"attributes on these files to get them work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrMagoo

I know this is an old topic, but it is so usefull that I had to have a play...

It seems there are some things that work and some that don't...

Things that seem to work on E200:

Turn Bluetooth on and off

<characteristic type="Bluetooth">

<parm name="BtMode" value="1"/>

</characteristic>
Change Home Screen
<characteristic type="Home">

<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Home">

<parm name="Scheme" value="\Windows\full.home.xml"/>

<parm name="ColorScheme" value=""/>

<parm name="BgImage" value=""/>

</characteristic>

</characteristic>
In fact - I would imagine that any standard configuration item works... Things that don't work (or at least not well): Registry tweaks
<characteristic type="HKLM\system\gdi\sysfnt">

<parm name="Nm" value="Century Gothic" datatype="string" />

<parm name="Wt" value="300" datatype="string" />

</characteristic>

...works fine as long as you never try to change a setting using the Phone's settings options.

...That is to say that if you use a profile which changes the resistry, it will allow you to switch to that profile, but if you change any settings on the phone in that profile, you will no longer be able to change to that profile! (at least on the registry keys i have tried!)

P.S. I can't believe I kept putting off trying this tweak until now - it is fantastic!

• 3 months later...
Guest sikittle

I know this is probably a dumb question, but what are the different available screen save modes?

I've loaded them up and I see "2" in there. What are 0, and 1 ? What's 2 for that matter ;) ?

Also, I'm not seeing these changes (the tweaks) available for my normal profile. Is that because it was in use when I copied the files? Or is that normal behaviour? (no pun)

about:

This tweak changes all the profiles so that Backlight settings can be applied to individual Profiles.

This was a request by Will who wanted the phones backlight to stay on when in Car Profile, but i thought i'd take it one step further and allow for different backlight settings for all profiles.

Installation:

Attached is a zip that contains new profiles, simply unzip and copy the profiles accross to IPSM(or Storage if using WM2k3)Application DataProfiles

Once installed, you can now edit the profile (Programs(or Start if on wm2k3) > Settings > Profiles, select the profile you want, and press Menu>Edit) and you can change the  Display Timeout, the Backlight Timeout and the Screensaver Mode.

eg., if you set the Display Timeout to Never, the Backlight Timeout to Never and the Screensaver Mode to None, then the backlight will never turn off for that profile. By default, i've set the car profile to never trun the backlight out.

Once you have set your profile, the backlight will not change its setting until you press a key, eg Up on the joystick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest sikittle

Hey midnight,

I wonder if you can help. I've loaded the profiles, I see the new boxes at the top.

This is what happens:

First time I go in, I see three boxes, backlight, display, screen saver.

When I save them it says "Can't Save Settings".

The next (and all subsequent times) I go in I don't see the screen saver settings.

Just the display timeout and backlight.

But, now I can't select any profile except Normal. Nothing works.

??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alextaylor

SPV C500 Backlight probem in the car profile and I am really confused !!!

I have downloaded the zip and extracted the .prof files but when I copy them to the \Storage\Application Data\Profiles directory I get the following error.

Does your phone has enough free space - it has

- Or is the file you want to copy set to read only - No it is not

- Or do you have authority to copy this kind of file - I most certainly think so I have no problems when I copy homescreen XML fles and midi files.

Please help ....

Alex

• 4 months later...