Yeti3D [awesome 3d engine, demo runs at ~20 fps on my mpx!]

Guest durk1482

Guest durk1482

Yeti3D is a fast, portable 3d engine that's already been ported to the GBA, PocketPC, and even Nokia phones. Because there's a pocketPC port, i wonder if anyone has tried getting the source from the author and porting this to the Smartphone platform?

The source is free for any non-commercial use (GPL), so as long as you arent planning to sell it its free to use.

Yeti3D homepage

PocketPC Port homepage

Quake'ish FPS demo from this page, works on smartphone: DEMO

I tried to run the DEMO on my mpx200 and it WORKS! Although it only uses about 2/3 of the screen, I get +/- 20 fps, i can walk around, jump and shoot, and the music and sound works. The graphics quality is comparable to Quake but frame rate is about 4 times as high.

See this for yourselves! Note that when you start the .exe, you'll see the credits for about 1 minute before loading is done and you can play. Walk around with the d-pad, shoot with left function key, jump with right function key, enter menu with back-key. Quit by going all the way down the menu and hit the left function key (shoot).

Guest SystemicAnomaly

works on E200! impressive, although only half a screen. 25fps at most, gettin mainly 17-20fps tho. It had sound but broken up music and firing effects. looks promising 8)

Guest durk1482

The shoot button (the left function key) seems to work as the menu selector. Entering the menu goes with the back-arrow key.

Has anyone seen the bilinair filtering'ish magic, when looking at textures from close? :)

By the way, the sounds/music sound normal at my mpx200.

Guest SystemicAnomaly

maybe the sound was breakin up on mine cos i was running it off the sd card?! i'll try again with it on the phone

Guest djboo

jesus h christ! just run that on my e200....

yeh the sound is skippy. but the graphics! *dies*

wow! someone HAS to do something with this - even if its commercial

Guest zeta101

Bloody hell!

works great on my e100, sound is fine, no skipping. I get around 9-15 FPS average but it plays smooth.

btw you can actually complete the first level and theres another one after that, you have to find a floting diamond and walk to it to complete the level.

The way i understand it, anyone can make games for this as long as they dont sell them...:)

Guest zeta101

half screen, you cant seem to die cos the enemies dont hurt you, and you cant seem to pick up stuff like health of other items that i saw in level 2

Guest mavisdavis

This ROCKS!!! :shock:

Somebody HAS to jump on this. its the fastest 3D ive seen so far,

sound is jumpy but the speed is sooo fast :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest evilminky

surely this wouldnt take much to get full screen nicer controls looks like most of the works already been done, best graphics ive seen on e200

Guest agent.m

tried it on my classic spv! took about 3 mins (maybe longer to load) must have been on free roam as had nothing to shoot at. Imagine a far cry version with those trees :)

Guest mike-oh

OMG!!!

Whoever put this together needs an award! Potential by the bucket load!!

Oh and i found a secret on level 2, not sure wot if anything is there tho.

Guest mavisdavis

Yeah I found a secret aswell. Fell down a hole then the text popped up and I ended up in a garden of some sorts getting attaced by 3 different enemies :twisted:

Guest rafiq_p

I average about 6 fps on my original spv with sound on. It takes an age to load though. I am suprised it is twice as fast on the mpx.

Guest mike-oh

Really it is!! Outside i get around 14fps, inside around 19-25fps with baddies around 10fps. I still struggle to believe this, it's simply awesome! The lighting effectst too!

Guest mike-oh

Not sure the performance is quite up2 racing yet. Perhaps if the poly count was dropped a little it may up performance enough to be suitable for racing.

Where are the games developers comments to this miracle of the modern world? Midnight?! Muff!?!