Swedish Qtek 8080 Update to 1.9.14

Guest Lifestream

Guest Vector

nice, give us details on Battery life etc. when you've had time to test it :)

You also mentioned there was a new windows mobile startup screen in IRC, is there?

Guest cre8or

What are the major UPDATES of this ROM ???

What FIX´s have been made ?

Does it have Portuguese T9 ?

Can some one tell me that.

Is this ROM the Official WORLDWIDE qtek ROM ?

Guest catenaccio

Yes it has Portuguese T9:) i am portuguese and have a E200 with the 1.7 qtek rom.now i updated it to this new.This is the official update from QTEK.you can download it in their official site:)

Guest Twee

Oh, and this will be my first update.. Does anyone have any good tips about backups of the adressbook etc?!

Yes, i'm a bit excited :)

// Jonas

Guest cre8or

Hi i have a QTEK with 1.7.10.4 rom version :) and when i try to update it doest work i always get

ERROR 117 : INVALID MODEL ID

Can someone plz help me and tell me what to do ?

Guest luchao18

if your phone is E200 (doesn't matter which rom are you using, mine is qtek v1.7.10.4), first you have to use orange rom update(v2.6.X.X), downloadable from orange site, then

1. Extract both update programs. (the easiest way is to use Winrar)

2. Overwrite the extracted orange "NK.nbf" file with the Qtek one.

3. INSERT a SD Card in the phone's SD slot. "IMPORTANT"

4. Stop wcescomm.exe in background.

5. Boot into Bootloader, should be v1.05 or 1.06, then plug the phone in the cradle.

6. Run VoUpgradeUT.exe in the orange extracted files. then it's done (for new E200s with 1.07 bootloader, copy the embedded "fixed VoUpgrade for bt 1.07 by Florin.exe" to orange extracted folder, then run the fixed VoUpgrade for there.

IMPORTANT: the swiss qtek rom v1.9.14 comes with 1.07 bootloader, always use "orange 1.07 bootloader fix" by Florin to reverse to orange rom 2.6.2.X.

Looks like this time qtek got a winner rom here, since some annoying bugs have been fixed.

Now working:

1.Capitization on first word

2.Cleartype is set to default

3. "+" is available by long press "0", but only in "ABC" or "T9" mode. in "123" mode, we still have to long press "#", then choose "+" in symbols menu.

4.T9 no longer remembers the last word of each sentence while using MSN. (need more testing)

Fixed VoUpgradeUT for BT v1.07 by Florin.exe

Guest spectra9x

Anyone tried this with an Xphone which has already been upgraded to QTek ROM 1.7.10.4? Is the method the same with the E200? Do I still need to run

VoUpgrade for bt 1.07 by Florin.exe?

Guest Lifestream

Well, the battery life on mine is 93% from 8AM this morning on mine.... that is about 7% on 4 hours with the SD in and me playing a little..

Cleartype is turned on and now after some days I prefer it.

Bluetooth and MMS has been tuned to the better side and now Xbar 2 also works fine! :)

I´ll have a check on that bootscreen....I just havn´t seen those 3 white lines before...

A tip before upgradis is to run sprite backup and backup all personal info with it (you shouldn´t backup system etc coz that would probably mess up the phone)... if you have outlook just sync all contacts...

Guest Twee

Can Sprite Backup save messages from Arcsoft MMS without problems!? I know I'm a sucker, but I really want to save some messages.. That goes for SMS too..

All best

// Jonas

Guest Lifestream
Can Sprite Backup save messages from Arcsoft MMS without problems!? I know I'm a sucker, but I really want to save some messages.. That goes for SMS too..

All best

// Jonas

It saves all sms, mails etc.... so I´m pretty sure it does the same with mms

Guest hardcore

just flashed my o2 xphone...

old rom version = qtek 1.7.10.4

new rom version = qtek 1.9.14.1

i had to use the greek qtek 1.7.10.4 update EXE to get around the "incompatible device" error.

new version details:

Version 4.20.0 (build 13349)

Radio Version 1.12.01

Operator: 1.9.14.1

Manufacturer: 1.11.14.18

Microsoft: 4.20.13349.0

Language: 1.11.14.18

File System: 4.20.13349.0

works fine so far... improvements list to come...

Guest Dornier

Hi Everyone,

Any improvements with bluetooth? I want to go from the O2 rom to any rom that will allow me to use my Navman 4400 GPS with Mapopolis. The Navman bluetooth GPS requires "NAVMAN" for the pin. Wonder if the new Qtek update will allow for letters?

Is the new Qtek update in English? I live in the USA and need to know if it will be in english (both T9 and menus).

Any GPRS issues with T-mobile in the USA. With the original O2 rom, I'm able to connect to most websites with the free WAP. Is the new Rom going to affect that?

Thanks,

GP

Guest Twee

I have updated the new ROM now.. and the actual update was no problems at all.. BUT, when I tried to restore the backup I made with Sprite I had no luck at all.. trying it lots of times, but nothing..

I lost some sms and mms'es.. and some other stuff. Nothing major I guess

All in all, it seems ok.. I haven't really noticed a lot of updates though, except bluetooth, mms and some interface tweaks.

// Jonas

Guest spectra9x
Looks like this time qtek got a winner rom here, since some annoying bugs have been fixed.

Now working:

1.Capitization on first word

Just upgrade my Xphone from Qtek 1.7.10.4 to this one, so far so good. However regarding capitilization, it only happen for the very first letter of the first sentence, it doesn't work for sentences after that (i.e. after typing a dot). The abc indicator flash briefly to ABC but switch back to abc :). Are you experiencing the same thing luchao18?

Guest hardcore

I see the same issue with T9. Auto-capitalization only works on the first word of the message. In the 2nd sentence, the symbols shows CAPS but when u type its actually small letters.

I dont know if its just my imagination, but the battery life on this new ROM seems to be better. I've used it for almost 10 hours now, about 1.5 hours of phone calls, 0.5 hours of mp3s. SD card activated the whole time. Battery life is 38% now.

Guest spectra9x

Bummer :). Is there any known ROM version out there which can:

- set SMS delivery notification as default

AND

- do proper capitalization?

Guest mriz

Hello

Does this update includes English language english t9, Norweigan t9 and Norweigan language please let me know that thanks a lot

Guest cre8or
Hello

Does this update includes English language english t9, Norweigan t9 and Norweigan language please let me know that thanks a lot

Iup it does :) and by the way no problems so far with the CARD ... 3 days and counting :lol: great rom :lol:

Guest g00ner

I have an Orange SPV E200 with ROM 2.6.1.3, l also have it unlocked and am using a vodafone SIM.

Is it worth upgrading to the latest Qtek ROM as it sounds as if the battery life is better?

Would l need to unlock the phone again after upgrading to the Qtek ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Guest mriz

hello cre8or i did not understand what you mean could please tell me that this update includes Engllish and Norweigan languages and T9 thanks.