Where can I buy battery for my Mitac 8380

Guest shan78758

Guest shan78758

Where can I buy battery for my Mitac 8380. I lost my "good" battery while on vacation.... the spare battery that I have will not charge.... PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE TO BUY ANOTHER BATTERY FOR MY MIO! PLEASE..... There are no sites where I can make a purchase and when I emailed Mitac... they emailled links that are in Chinese.... PLEASE HELP

Guest the bishop

dunno - I have the high bid now, and I've got that bad boy up to quite a bit o' dough, so I'm thinking it be mine. (d@mn the luck -- mine only came w/the one battery. wtf -- at least it came with an 850mAH -- this one is a 750 I think ...)

Guest pwest13

Its a good price atm, £23

My 8390 only cmae with one battery, but when i turn the power management down, etc... it lasts longer then my SPV Classic ever did.

Although im a text-a-holic instead of ringin peepz.

Guest pwest13

I think you already know this,

In Settings -> Power Management

1 Power Management - Backlight Timeout - 5 seconds

- Display Timeout - 1 minute

2 Backlight Brightness - Up to u i have my setting set to 2 down from full.

Thats all i turn down and i run for no probs for nearly 2 days.

Guest the bishop

crikey. for me, under power management I have the graphical look of the main battery charge left, and below that is the backlight time out, and the display time out -- nothing about brightness ... :/

Guest pwest13

Hang on a mo,

In settings theres a "Power Management"

then there is a choice of "Power Management" again

or "Backlight Brightness", correct?

Guest the bishop

all I have is "settings" and then under that is "power management" and those things above are listed there, nothing about backlight brightness. backlight timeout yes.

Guest the bishop

hmmmm - I wonder if there is a way that you can do a backup of your BIOS and then send it to me so I can upgrade to at least the one you have ... ?

Guest pwest13

Well i wouldnt have a clue and messing around with the bios is not recommended especially to idiots like me, no doubt i would screw both our phones up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shan78758

I thank you for your replies.... The battery [posted was for the 8390. I have an 8380. I am still searching. After emailing EVERYONE in MITAC... no reply from anyone in Taiwan... and the US and UK MiTAC dealers refer me to the MiTAC in Taiwan... Thus no replies or help. The only thing that helped was ordering the Mini Sync cable with the charging ability.... now my battery will hold a charge but the battery itself is still messed up. I am thinking the problems on my phone are due toe the battery... such as Spontaneous dead battery... or many times after charging... my voice is EXTREMELY muffled. With the voice thing,,,, I usually pull my battery off... and wait fore a while which it is a hit or miss... starting to make me think twice about purchasing the new line of higher end phons about to be released.... Can ANYBODY find a new battery for the 8380? or have potential solutions for me? THANKS!

Guest the bishop
Has anyone had any luck in finding an additional battery for the Mio 8390?

i bought one thru ebay - on that auction up there. you might try that guy (both of you, he seemed to know alot about goodies for the 8380 as well ...)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andbrown

i bought one thru ebay - on that auction up there. you might try that guy (both of you, he seemed to know alot about goodies for the 8380 as well ...)

This is by no means an official endorsement, but I also just purchased an 8390 battery from the seller listed above and had an excellent experience.

Oddly, the new battery is 750mAh instead of the 860 mAh one that the phone came with (assuming the labels on the batteries are correct), but it fits properly and doesn't creak like the original - so I actually use the new one as my primary battery now despite the lower capacity. Has anyone else noticed a slight flex/creak in their original battery? I've tried putting a folded piece of paper between the battery and the phone thinking that would help, but it made no difference.