Orange SPV C500 officially announced by Orange

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest zeta101

ah didnt know 2003 was already compatible! :D and yeah, having 3G MS smartphones at the moment would be making a niche market within another niche market.

Guest morpheus2702

check this out:

6630: Nokia's first 3G smartphone, first 3G phone with video calling, and the world's first phone with both WCDMA and EDGE. Features include Series 60 OS, 1.2 megapixel camera, video recording up to 1 hour, 74 MB of expandable memory, and Bluetooth. Available Q4 2004.

3G smartphones - they are coming!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Personally i think Vodafone have 3G sussed. Despite what the media think, no-one (read: not a large enough market to be profitable yet) wants to talk to people with video calls, it's expensive and not particlulary convenient, however, implementing it (to start with) as a PURE data service, high speed access to email and internet, "anywhere", is a lot more appealing to a lot more people. It's actually useful.

Due to this i believe the Voda service will easily wipe the floor with 3, and with Orange launching a similar service to voda this year 3 had better start thinking up some new ideas about how they run their data service.

3G WILL be great, just not in the way 3 want it to be.

Guest winterdude
3 in Sweden have free voice- and videocalls between 3-subscribers.

do they allow TCP/IP to the ouside world or is it this walled garden deal there to

Pierre: Users pay a monthly fee of something like 20-30 euros depending on which phone they've chosen, and they pay for data and all other services. Note: Free calls only between 3 subscribers, not across networks.

Winterdude: Don't know, but I think it's pretty tightly knit like Vodafone Live.

Guest gnagis

3G from sweden will go down anny minute.. becouse in Sweden 3G is something realy bigg and going full speed ahead.. noone are going to but a phone now if it aint got 3G... ther are 4 maior mobile operators in sweden.

Telia = just started their 3Gnet = also got the best net in sweden

Vodafone = are going to start soon

Comviq = just started their 3Gnet

3 = started the 3Gnet long time ago.. but are werry unstabel

all ads everywhere is for 3G so in sweden a smartphone without 3G wont get bought... thats it :S

Guest Botty

From what I've heard the company 3 will be in trouble soon anyways. According to people I've been speaking to that know a little about all this stuff, 3 use MPEG 2 compression for their Video transmission. Well Orange, Vodafone, and I'm guessing O2 as well are all going to be launching their own Video calling that will all use a different type of Video compression thus making them not compatible with 3 users. Who's going to want to be on 3's network then? I might be wrong, but it was from someone who's in the know! :?

So come on help! PLEASE!! I'm near upgrading time, c500 or mx220??

I've got the 1st SPV! Love it, but hate the battery life! Plus seems to have less bugs than my mates E200. Don't mind the look of the C500, mx220 looks nice. I'm guessing the operating systems are the same?

I've heard the battery life is supposed to be around the 4 day mark too? This true? Would be lovely, having to charge my SPV everyday :cry:

Stevie B

Guest JAFFA64
so far what we know...

BT - Yes (and apparently a much better BT implementation than the E200)

FM Radio - very much doubt it, no mention of it in that text and i would think they would mention something like that

Mini SD - yes, under the battery

CPU - Type: OMAP 730, speed is as yet, unknown

Memory - Not yet known

OS - Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

Camera - 640 x 480 (err, 0.3mp?)

Hi all looking for some guidance and maybe some help... been sent here by Orange customer services of all people!!!!

I was interested in reading the above about BT problems as I have had nothing but hassle and grief on my E200. Only 3 BT hands free out of range available in shop have bonded... the "new" itech one refused completley :roll: all others have after bonding only allowed me to make up to and including 3 minutes of calls before completley dropping not only the headset signal but also the call from the phone!!!

I have in the last 2.5 months had a ROM update from their site, tested and tried various BT sets with not only the E200 but also on my "old" 6310i (which BTW works fine with not one error or drop out even on a 20 minute call) and I have had a new handset with latest software issued under the insurance.

Can anyone here help/guide or show me where the light is???

TIA

Jaffa64 a very p***ed off SPV E200 user

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.