QTek 1.9.14.1 ROM Problem

Guest t3dluke

Guest t3dluke

I think I've f**ked up my firmware. I had the latest qtek rom 1.9.14.1 rom installed with the 1.07.01 bootloader. I tried downgrading it to the latest orange update to check the mms/wap/gprs etc settings by copying the NK.nbf file to the greek roms folder and applying the update. I got to 10% and froze. I tried again and once again it froze. I then tried copying the 1.9.14.1 NK file over but then that froze at 10% !!! My phone starts but theres obvious corruptions in the firmware cause certain key presses aren't responding correctly amongst over things. I've tried everything i think, florins patched exe file didnt work when i tried downgrading to the orange rom either but then thats designed for the 1.07.02 bootloader and there must be a slight difference. I REALLY NEED HELP cause right now my phone useless. HELP :!:

Guest fauno

I've been suffering the 10% and 0% upgrade progress fault during a day. I spent a day doing all combinations of roms and starters you can imagine.

Finally I discover (I gone from original e200 to orange 2.6.1.3 to Qtek 1.7 to qtek 1.9) that in the 1.9 I couldn't go back to anyone, and only bootloader sown in phone.

So I decide to use two main items. The qtek 1.7 charging program that seems to avoid the 117 invalid image when trying to charge the image, and use the published fix fixed.exe in Modaco.

The way to work is to do it with the decompressed images of loaders and nbk files.

With this combo and the different .nbk files from all know roms

After you load that version you can use again fixed.exe to go back to Orange 2.6.1.3. I haven't tested to go back to qtek 1.7.

Hope it helps.

Guest hardcore
you can use the fixed.exe in combination with the orange switzerland last rom (2.6.5.3) and it works.

I think fauno means this:

Extract the Orange Switzerland ROM 2.6.5.3. Apply florin's fix for 1.7.02 bootloader to this update. Run the update. It should work, and put your phone to the Orange Switzerland ROM 2.6.5.3.

After this your phone is just like an Orange 2.6.5.3. Now you can flash to whatever ROM you want, but take note that Orange 2.6.5.3 ROM has the 1.7.02 bootloader... so... for example if you want to go back to Qtek 1.7...

extract Qtek 1.7 ROM. Then apply again florin's fix for the 1.7.02 bootloader. Run the update. It should work again and flash your phone back to the Qtek 1.7 ROM.

Good luck fellow tweakers!

Guest hardcore

How about using florin's fixed .exe to flash the Qtek 1.9.14.1 ROM again on your phone? Then after that try to use florin's .exe to flash it to another ROM like the old Qtek one?

Guest hardcore

hi t3dluke.

from the description of your problem... it updates until 10%... does not sound like the same problem with the wrong bootloader password (that one is stuck at 0%). moreover, fauno found a way to flash it back.

did u consider that this might be a hardware fault? could it be that your flash rom is somehow spoilt, and this is unrelated to the bootloader problem?

if it is not too inconvenient, it might be good to bring the phone back to the service center for a check and reflash. sorry we cant be more helpful.

Guest t3dluke

what about a flash from an sd card? that should work wont it? i have a copy of winhex too. If I someone has a backup that works i could upload that!

Guest alexb

Hi man!

I had the same problem. Exactely the same.

Qtek 8080 rom, and not able to go back to previous version.

I fu**ed the firmware, and my phone did'nt boot up any more, only in bootloader mode. I spent 2 days trying all the combinations of roms, fixed.exe's and I still got.... NOTHING.

So I sent the phone to the official assistance centre, and they fixed it re-installing the original bootloader.

Of course now I don't upgrade it anymore, until it will be safe!

My upgrade never was more4 than 0%.

hei Alex i am wondering about where did you sent your mobile for software installation because i have also installed the latest swedish update and i think its not worth to use so i have decieded to get back the old one if you can give me some more info. about that thanks

Guest hardcore

Hi guys! GOOD NEWS!

I have just tried "downgrading" my Qtek 1.9.14.1 ROM... and ran into the same 10% problem. However using fauno's method, I have managed to make it work!!!

Here is exactly what I did. You will need a few ROM versions:

1. Update the phone with the GREEK version of Qtek 1.7 ROM installer. The flash will hang at 10%... now comes the tricky part.

*** DO NOT POWER OFF OR DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE ***

2. Use the Windows Task Manager to kill the Qtek 1.7 installer process (VoUpgradeUt).

3. Now, use florin's fixed.exe together with the ROM of Orange SWISS 2.6.5.3. It shoud allow you to start flashing your phone. If you get error 117, just quit the program and try again using florin's fixed.exe.

4. Now the phone should be updating using florin's fixed.exe and the Orange SWISS ROM 2.6.5.3. Watch the progress go past 10%... 11%... it works!

This will get you to the Orange 2.6.5.3 ROM with the 1.07.02 bootloader.

*** NOW YOU ARE BACK TO THE "NORMAL" SWISS E200 ROM 2.6.5.3 ***

5. If you want to take the safe route... now use florin's fixed.exe AGAIN with the Orange UK 2.6.1.3 ROM. This will bring your phone back to the older E200 ROM. Now upgrade to whatever you want...

*** HOWEVER I WENT STRAIGHT TO IMATE ***

6. I skipped step 5. I used florin's fixed.exe in combination with the latest Imate ROM. At first I got error 117. But I just tried again, and it allowed me to flash! Went to 100% no problems.

Now I am on the Imate ROM. BTW, the bootloader version of this new Imate ROM is 1.07.01 also.

Guest hy_edl048

Actualy I have no problem with Swedish ROM Qtek8080 1.9.xxx but I always want to have a new ROM for my Xphone, I think 1.10.xxx from i-mate is the newest ROM at this moment so I want to update to that ROM.

At first, I always fail to update my ROM, always error 117...

Then finally I success to update my ROM (after 1 week of trying)...

This is my step:

1. Download ROM 1.10.xxx from imate

2. Replace your new VoUpgradeUt from ROM 1.10.xxx with your old VoUpgradeUt from Swedish ROM 1.9.xxx.

3. Back up your Smartphone

4. Remove all card from the phone, SIM Card incl SD Card

5. Connect to PC

6. Shotdown Xphone, turn of wcescomm.exe at your PC

7. Turn on your Xphone go to Bootloader.

8. Run VoUpgradeUt with new nk.nbf file from imate 1.10.xxx

It work for me

Have a nice try

• 1 month later...

Since I didn't Like the Qtek Rom I just wanted to revert to the Imate one but I'm stuck with the 0% and the 10% I tried all the possiblities with the Fixed.exe and Fixed VoUpgradeUT for BT v1[1].07 by Florin.exe and the Fauno's way none worked so far :P I have all the needed roms .....what could it be the right way??? I'm stuck with the 1.9.14.1 I can't even reflash it to the same rom version it will stuck on 10%....... and the error 117 is killinnng me

Since  I didn't Like the Qtek Rom I just wanted to revert to the Imate one but I'm stuck with the 0% and the 10% I tried all the possiblities with the Fixed.exe and Fixed VoUpgradeUT for BT v1[1].07 by Florin.exe and the Fauno's way none worked so far :P I have all the needed roms .....what could it be  the right way??? I'm stuck with the 1.9.14.1 I can't even reflash it to the same rom version it will stuck on 10%....... and the error 117 is killinnng me

Worked out eahhhaaaa, the installation is now at the 40% meaning it's just working fine. Guys I used all the combinations but at last not least I used again the Fixed VoUpgradeUT for BT v1[1].07 by Florin.exe with the Imate rom the error 117 didn't show out it erased the previous rom and the installation is working now, ps: about don't turn off the phone or unplugg the battery this is not impotant cos I did unplugg it and detach the phone from the usb and I turned it off as well.. one thing have changed from b4 is that I removed the sim and the sd from the sockets.. good luck to you guys and wish me luch that the batter don't drain bcz I have been trying since 7:30 pm and now its 12:01 am....

• 1 month later...
Guest adamos168
Hi guys! GOOD NEWS!

I have just tried "downgrading" my Qtek 1.9.14.1 ROM... and ran into the same 10% problem. However using fauno's method, I have managed to make it work!!!

Here is exactly what I did. You will need a few ROM versions:

1. Update the phone with the GREEK version of Qtek 1.7 ROM installer. The flash will hang at 10%... now comes the tricky part.

*** DO NOT POWER OFF OR DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE ***

2. Use the Windows Task Manager to kill the Qtek 1.7 installer process (VoUpgradeUt).

3. Now, use florin's fixed.exe together with the ROM of Orange SWISS 2.6.5.3. It shoud allow you to start flashing your phone. If you get error 117, just quit the program and try again using florin's fixed.exe.

4. Now the phone should be updating using florin's fixed.exe and the Orange SWISS ROM 2.6.5.3. Watch the progress go past 10%... 11%... it works!

This will get you to the Orange 2.6.5.3 ROM with the 1.07.02 bootloader.

*** NOW YOU ARE BACK TO THE "NORMAL" SWISS E200 ROM 2.6.5.3 ***

5. If you want to take the safe route... now use florin's fixed.exe AGAIN with the Orange UK 2.6.1.3 ROM. This will bring your phone back to the older E200 ROM. Now upgrade to whatever you want...

*** HOWEVER I WENT STRAIGHT TO IMATE ***

6. I skipped step 5. I used florin's fixed.exe in combination with the latest Imate ROM. At first I got error 117. But I just tried again, and it allowed me to flash! Went to 100% no problems.

Now I am on the Imate ROM. BTW, the bootloader version of this new Imate ROM is 1.07.01 also.

do you think this will work on this rom? http://www.smart.com.ph/smart/sap2.zip