Come on France!

Guest benzo

Guest Brody

Well here's my view for what its worth! I was in a Spanish Bar cheering on the boys (:D) and thought we defended brilliantly, ok I am a Spurs fan but Ledley was a rock alongside Sol which I was very happy about. We had it in the bag when we were awarded the penalty and missed, it happens I suppose but its hard to take, especially when you end up losing. I have to say that without Zidane France were absolutely nothing! EVERYTHING went through him, Henry did NOTHING until the 93rd minute and all he did then was fall over after being played through by one of OUR players! So before everyone gets too sad lets think about things, assuming we get through the group stages all of this will be forgotten and I truly believe that we proved that we can beat France who are supposedly the best team in the world! France minus Zidane (and this has NOTHING to do with his two goals, his freekick was magic yes but its his passing play that I'm referring to) are not the best team in the world. I am optimistic, Owen was quiet against France and that wont be the case for the whole tournament, Rooney was lively, there's no doubting our quality in midfield and our defense kept Henry and Trezeguet out of the game. Come on guys, lets get behind England, all together now...

"We're singing for England, IN-GER-LAND, we're singing this song..."

or

"It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming, football's coming home"

:D:D:D:D:D

Guest kurtfhouse

Well brilliant a well earned result for the next stages :D

I have to be honest though I worried after the first 5 minutes :shock: but the England boys stayed strong and here we go through to the quarter finals, everything still to prove, but feeling a lot better now we're through the group stages :D :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Unfortunately i'm not. All credit to Croatia for the goals they got, but were their strikers any good we would have been screwed in that match. Still we (eventually) got our act together after breaking the will of the Croats so hopefully we can keep it up for the quarters.

Guest Disco Stu

We've got to keep concentration in defence and stop conceding silly goals.

Good to see Scholes scoring again though.

We should beat Portugal :D

Guest kurtfhouse

Yeah I agree Blewer, we can't defend 'em and we can't score from 'em either!

Something for the training field methinks.

Still so far so good :D

Guest midnight

i'm glad croatia scored, meant we didnt play for a damn draw, much more entertaining :D

(and dont forget, croatia held france to a draw, where croatia also scored 2 goals, France the favourites? not after those 3 matches they aint)

Guest Disco Stu

So, we beat Potugal then I reckon we get Sweden and in the final (sorry Benzo :wink: ) I think we'll be playing the Czechs :D

Now they look tough 8-[