Call barring password

Guest Gavin

Guest Gavin

'lo all, I seem to have forgotten my intl call barring password, or else I may have activated when I was drunk and messing with my phone (SPV canary) :oops:

Can anyone tell me if the barring password is a handset password or a SIM card password, the user manual isn't very helpful. I've tried PIN, PIN2, PUK, PUK2 to no avail.

Will I have to reset my phone to clear it?

Cheers

Guest awarner [MVP]

If you have ever changed it only you will know the password,

so unfortunately the only solution is a Hard Reset unless you

find out the code.

Guest Gavin

Damn, so I got talking to my mobile provider support (Vodafone Ireland) and asked them to check any intl call barring on my SIM, they said that my SIM is not barred from making any calls on their system. They even gave me a code to enter #331*0000# where 0000 should be the password, default for Vodafone 0000 apparently, it just reported "failed"

When I go into, settings>telephony> call barring: it displays "downloading settings from network" and then tells me under "block outgoing calls - Int'l except home"

When I try to change this to off, it then asks me for my barring password, I've tried all my usual passwords and it just reports "settings could not be saved". Curious!

Thing is I go over to Liverpool a lot and when I'm over there it doesn't let me dial out, but I can send SMS OK.

I might try reinstalling the 1.6 update and see if that does anything for me.

Unless there might be a registry setting I could change?

Thanks for the info so far.

Guest markd66

Gavin

No amount of hard resetting or reloading firmware will make any difference - at least that's the theory :D

I would try your SIM in another handset and see if you get different results from the Call Barring menu. If you do then a hard reset of your SPV would sound like the way to go.

But I reckon that you'll get the same result and - regardless of what Voda tell you - you are actually barred from international calls. If they insist that you aren't, ask them to bar you and then remove the bar - see what happens.

Cheers, Mark.

Guest Gavin

Yeah, good idea Mark. I have already tried a mates SIM in my phone and all call barring is showing as off, but i didnt try it the other way around as you suggest.

Cheers.