Orange SPV C500 - 200mhz!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I may be in Tenerife, but that doesn't stop me posting the latest scoops, he he...

Word has come in from Orange that the SPV c500 will be sporting Texas Instruments OMAP 730 processor - as exclusively revealed here previously - but we can now confirm it is clocked at a mighty 200mhz!

Sources indicate that the performance is outstanding, and real world usage on pre-release builds is already displaying a battery life of around three days.

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to get one of these babies!

:-)

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Paul [MVP]

The more I see about the phone the more i'm convinced it's the one for me!

OK, so the camera is lower res and a few other specs are slightly inferior to the 220, but it's shaping up to be a seriously desirable unit... it's a LOT smaller than the Motorolas.

P

Guest AngelOfRage

My contract isn't up for renwal untill October but Orange offered my a £75 upgrade fee if i wanted to upgrade with the same discounted handset prices as if i was buying new.

Guest drblow

Damn, damn, damn! :twisted:

Why do Orange keep trying to tempt me with their wretched SPV devices!!?? :twisted: NO! Back, I say!! I WILL get a motorola, I will get a motorola, I will ...

:D

Guest kingdom master

the c500 is fantastic, its so small light, runs very fast. feels more like a nokia 3100 rather than the progression of the spv. this is not a upgrade if you have the e200 its a side step but if u have the e100 still go for it. however the mpx220 is incredible device the only problem is the size! its large but works well but doesnt run as well as the c500 although the processor is similar if a little faster but the unit holds some times.

me after using and testing both im still going for the mpx220 the 100 is to big for my liking.

Guest Pondrew

How is it a side-step from the E200 kingdom master? It's faster with longer battery life, sounds like a worthy upgrade to me!

Shame as I was steeling myself to get my first Motorola in the form of the MPX100 but this kicks it's butt!

Guest dshaugney

I wonder what the sound quality will be like with the new c500 with its tiny speaker. The E200 is alot louder than the mpx200.

A note on the mpx220 is that it's 1/3 slimmer than the mpx200, though slightly longer, is still pretty good. The only thing that pisses me off with my MPX200 (everything else is great and I llve the phone, but) is that it heavily sticks out when in my jeans pocket. It looks like, well you can imagine... The c500 appeals cos it's so small. Personally I think it will be a close one this time.

Guest midnight

the mpx220 is 1/3 slimmer????? i dont think so (they are pretty much the same), dont look at the recent size figures, they are way out (one even reports its 1 mm longer, more like 10-15mm longer)

Guest Vector

Sounds cool, we'll have to wait and see what the Moto's are clocked at before i make any decisions :D

I'll probably wait for a review of the handsets from Paul aswell hehe :D

Guest Blakey

Call me a cynic, but I can't help but sensing dejavu here. Everytime a new a whizzy sounding smart phone (or even ROM update) is released, there are all these noises about how wonderful it is - and everyone is clamering to get one - then they get actually released and they are called the best thing since sliced bread........ and then, say 3 or 4 months after the initial release, the euphoria dies down and we hear nothing but complaint after complaint. Just read the threads covering the "new" E200 or the "new" E200 ROM update. if you don't believe me.

Personally I'll stick with my E200 (which I seem to be in the minority of actually loving) and wait till all the hype and excitement has gone before I splash out on a new c500...

(Did I get out of bed on the wrong side today? Maybe...)

Blakey

Guest morpheus2702

Very true, but I think this underscores the real problem that has existed for the better part of this year - the lack of any significant news or developments in the Smartphone world. 3 phones come along and we are like a pack of salivating wolfhounds!

What makes me laugh though is the malleable nature of opinions - one minute it is 'wow, the MPx100 is the one for me'... the next its 's***, when's the MPx220 out'. It's Thursday today and C500 is the one to have.

All this without a single handset being reviewed by a Smartphone user in the know. :roll:

Guest Blakey

Yeah, that's the critial factor to me - wait for some real actual users of the phone to review it. And importanly wait for them to have been using it for a few weeks/months before they give their opinions.

Anyway, seeing as I only upgraded to an E200 (from SE T610) last month, I don't see me getting a new smartphone for ages yet - maybe I'm just jealous. ;-)

Blakey

Guest djfuego

Well I've had my trusty E100 for almost a year now so If something comes out that's better than the C500 and sports the Smartphone OS, I'll be having it. 200 mhz.. LOL It's not that fast.

I dig the shear size of the thing though. No clam shell :D

If it keeps the 4 way controller then gaming will be next to impossible. Why upgrade the phones speed if you arn't going to give it something big to chomp on. What was Orange thinking about when designing this phone?

Guest winterdude

if the bluetooth stack/profiles on the c500 are better then it is an upgrade in eyes

ps. any one know about the BlueTooth impl on this girl

Guest simonbratt99

ello,

Please some one make a mini plug in joystick for these damn phones, say about 1 inch high

Oh and while im on that one, also make me a mini optical mouse too.

hey why not have one that pops out the side on a retractable cord, only needs to be say 10mm square. Genius or what....?

Si

Guest Pagemakers

Looks like anymore E200/100 updates will just be a distant dream. They get it three quarters right, move on and forget it.

I guess I'll buy this, the MPX100 and 220 and just sell the 2 I prefer least.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.