C500, MPX100, MPX220, MPX Compared

Guest Pagemakers

Guest squall

like i said ppc phones will be on a separate table. they cant be on the same table as they are fundamentally different devices. you cant compare specs like for like.

Guest stevem999

Ok then, just that at the beginning of the thread you said that you'd 'already done it' when replying to someone wanting a comparison of the C500, MPX100, MPX220 and MPX, hence the thread title, however you haven't got the MPX in there yet - that was the reason for my post!

Still a good job though 8)

Guest refnulf

well, the mpx will wipe the floor clean if compared to the c500, mpx100, mpx220. But we can't actually compare it to the XDA II right?

So where does the mpx belong?

Guest zeta101

the mpx would not neccessarily wipe the floor with those you mentioned as many people would put a small form factor and single handed use near the top of thier list of whats important in a phone. I suppose the only things the mpx can be compared to are other pocket pc phone editions like the xdaII, even if the mpx is innovative with its flip-thingy-ma-jig, its still a ppcpe.

Guest squall

I dont agree with that, its slower and has less ram but comes with more features, ie built in keyboard etc.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

No built in Wifi (i think)? Smaller screen, less memory. Only bonus over the XDA is the keyboard which isn't supposed to be all that great. Don't get me wrong, i think it's a fantastic Smartphone substitute but it has nothing on the XDAII. However they are comparable handsets due to the OS.

Guest squall

The smaller screen doesnt make any difference really as the screen has a higher res meaning it shows the same amount all in all

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I thought the MPx had the standard 320x240 pixel resolution? And that's irrelevant really, the size dictates how much you can see easily. Ever tried running a 1600x1200 resolution on a 15" monitor?

Guest zabirp

A lot of these new smartphone devices look to be using mini sd, is this going to be the next big thing. HOw much do Mini SD's tend to retail at

Guest McHale

the MPx *DOES* have built in WiFi. The only comperable device is the HP6300 and the form factor of the MPx is obviously going to be a huge selling point when the two are compared.

If the MPx100 and MPx220 doesn't come thru with WiFi like Motorola first announced, the MPx should outsell those easily.

-Mc

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heh, i was talking about monitors that do support that resolution ;p My point was that even if it does have a nice high res, it's not much use if you can't see anything... :D

Guest midnight

MPx will easily outsell MPx220 and MPx100???? no way, price will be a HUGE factor and I cant see the MPx coming in cheap. And many people simply dont want a PPC, which it is at the end of the day. Also, I know its small for a PDA, but its pretty darn big for a phone, not something i'd like to take with me on a night out thats for sure. Definitely a nice halfway house, but I want a phone, and if i want a PDA i'll get something a lot more powerfull (600mhz ppc's are coming out now, and omap 2 can allegedly go up to 1ghz)

Of course, this is just my opinion, and this isnt to say i wouldnt like an MPx, i would, seems like a nice toy, but it's more something i'd show off with than actually use :D

Guest Flapper

Spoke to a guy I know at Orange and cos of the spend on my account, he thinks I will be able to talk myself into whatever phone I want. Which is nice. But its still difficult, keep reading these pros and cons for the mpx and the c500.... c'mon, some of you guys out there must know whats gonna be the best?! My only concern is the f*cking bugs in my current old origional SPV...have they ironed them out yet? If the c500 is gonna be the same, I aint interested!

Guest refnulf

I'm just gonna get the mpx. I think they're going to be released at the same time anyway. And from what I've heard, and seen so far. It's the device for me.

Guest zeta101

flapper are you talking about the"mpx" pocket pc phone (the one that can open both ways?)or are you talking about the mpx220 flip smartphone or the mpx100 candybar smartphone? Your choice should just come down to your tastes really. The mpx is a completely different beast compared to the c500, mpx220, and mpx100, cos the mpx isnt a smartphone. The c500 is really small, but the mpx220 and mpx100 have magapixel cameras, whereas the c500 only has 0.3pixles. So its what YOU find important, not what some guy on a message board thinks is "the best".

In anycase, it would be a good idea to wait a couple of weeks after the phones are released so you can get some feedback from the people who gets the phons first thing.

Guest squall

My guess is that paul (site founder ) or brody from msmobilenews will get press versions of the phone, and will review them shortly after they are released

• 1 month later...